• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 PC Performance Thread

dr_rus

DX12 worth it in this game?

Running at ultra I'm getting on average 110-120fps in the campaign, and about 90-100 in 64-player multiplayer. During heavy firefights it can go down to the 60s, but never below that.

i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

1050p res.

It didn't in the beta but they might've improved it for release.

Javin98

Banned
The beta ran at max settings, 1080p and 60FPS almost all the time on my i5 6500/GTX 1060 combo. Hopefully, CPU utilization was further optimized for the final release.

DX12 worth it in this game?

Running at ultra I'm getting on average 110-120fps in the campaign, and about 90-100 in 64-player multiplayer. During heavy firefights it can go down to the 60s, but never below that.

i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

1050p res.
Wonderful! This is exactly how it should run on my rig.

Profanity

The game does for the most part look amazing, but I'm a little disappointed in the ultra shadows setting - they look pretty rough and blocky at times. Hopefully there's a way to increase the resolution in the user profile settings or something.

Gibbo

Running beautifully on my 290x. Was assuming that that the game was running on medium during the unskippable prologue scene, and was shocked to see that the settings had defaulted to ultra.

Brilliant PC port

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The beta ran at max settings, 1080p and 60FPS almost all the time on my i5 6500/GTX 1060 combo. Hopefully, CPU utilization was further optimized for the final release.

Wonderful! This is exactly how it should run on my rig.

Got you covered, baby.

NJDEN

i5 4690k
GTX 1080
16GB RAM
SSD
1080p 144hz monitor
Running DX11

I'm getting kind of mixed results. I've had it at capped out 144 frames for close up areas, but typically average around 90-100 frames. I've had dips down into the 30's when overlooking the battlefield. I kind of feel like a GTX 1080 @ 1080p should be giving me 100 fps or higher at pretty much all times. I am running on Ultra settings, but I would expect the gpu could handle it. I'm also hoping that the optimized drivers will give it a boost. I feel like I had more consistent framerate on my 970 during the beta's desert map.

Quixz

i5 4690k
GTX 1080
16GB RAM
SSD
1080p 144hz monitor
Running DX11

I'm getting kind of mixed results. I've had it at capped out 144 frames for close up areas, but typically average around 90-100 frames. I've had dips down into the 30's when overlooking the battlefield. I kind of feel like a GTX 1080 @ 1080p should be giving me 100 fps or higher at pretty much all times. I am running on Ultra settings, but I would expect the gpu could handle it. I'm also hoping that the optimized drivers will give it a boost. I feel like I had more consistent framerate on my 970 during the beta's desert map.

Is the CPU overclocked at all? You might be running into a bottle neck.

jaaz

Is SLI still broken in DX 11?

Is there any Multi GPU tech for DX12?

Nvidia's visual indicator shows SLI working in DX 11, but it doesn't seem to perform any better than a single card. It is not working in DX 12. My specs:

6700k @4.5
Dual 980 TIs
32g RAM
Average frames, 1440p, Ultra, 64p Conquest (eyeballing, not a benchmark):

DX 11, SLI: 90-100
DX12, non-SLI: 80-90

MuchoMalo

Banned
Running beautifully on my 290x. Was assuming that that the game was running on medium during the unskippable prologue scene, and was shocked to see that the settings had defaulted to ultra.

Brilliant PC port

Isn't the fact that you thought Ultra was medium a sign that it's not demanding because it's not very impressive?

Divus

I7 3770k @ 4.5ghz
GTX 1070 stock EVGA FTW clock
16 GB RAM
Win 10
DX 11

Campaign I get between 120-130 fps @ 1080p running on Ultra settings.
Multiplayer I get 85-100 fps in intense matches with the same settings.

Game plays great.

Evo X

Just played through the first mission. Getting locked 100fps everything Ultra at 3440x1440 with 120% resolution scale on a 5820k@4.4Ghz, 16GB DDR4@2666mhz,Titan XP@1950mhz/10800mhz, and 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD.

Amazing job DICE.

NJDEN

Is the CPU overclocked at all? You might be running into a bottle neck.

Yeah, I'm running stock. I've always been so used to the GPU being the bottleneck I hadn't really considered the CPU. I'll bump it up tomorrow and see if it runs better.

Dmax3901

Hmm played some of the campaign and performance isn't quite as good as I'd hoped at 1440p with an r9 290 and a 4690k at 4.4ghz.

TheRed

This game destroys my cpu
i5 4670K @4.2
All cores get maxed in MP and cause lots of frame drops constantly.
Even when putting settings on low and running in a tiny window I couldn't get locked 60 fps.
Sucks because I can't really afford to get a cpu better than this one at the moment, was planning to do that next year. Maybe I'll try getting faster RAM instead. But it's probably mostly a cpu issue.

The single-player runs perfect locked 60 fps.

Just played through the first mission. Getting locked 100fps everything Ultra at 3440x1440 with 120% resolution scale on a 5820k@4.4Ghz, 16GB DDR4@2666mhz,Titan XP@1950mhz/10800mhz, and 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD.

Amazing job DICE.

Looks like better performance than the beta for you. I'm hoping my 6600K isn't a bottleneck for my Titan.

This game destroys my cpu
i5 4670K @4.2
All cores get maxed in MP and cause lots of frame drops constantly.
Even when putting settings on low and running in a tiny window I couldn't get locked 60 fps.
Sucks because I can't really afford to get a cpu better than this one at the moment, was planning to do that next year. Maybe I'll try getting faster RAM instead. But it's probably mostly a cpu issue.

The single-player runs perfect locked 60 fps.

What RAM speed you have? DICE's Frostbyte engine benefits greatly with faster RAM.

Evo X

Looks like better performance than the beta for you. I'm hoping my 6600K isn't a bottleneck for my Titan.

Well, the resolutuion scaling is working correctly unlike the beta.

And I'll have to play some multiplayer before I can make a conclusive statement.

At the current state of the game my 6600k @ 4.6ghz bottleneck my gtx 1080. I use G-Sync so that's not really a big problem, but this games is really cpu hungry.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
At the current state of the game my 6600k @ 4.6ghz bottleneck my gtx 1080. I use G-Sync so that's not really a big problem, but this games is really cpu hungry.

This doesnt bode well for my 2500K.
Been holding off the upgrade cuz nothing has come along that really impressed me like the 2500K did.

But maybe next year the 7000K series will have to go into my PC.
Damn i really dont want to have to build another PC.

Dmax3901

Did you play the beta?

Speaking of beta, if you ran that fine should I have any issues with the full game?

I just played a solid session of multiplayer and it was performing much better, it might've been DX12 tbh. Fuck it's pretty and god damn fun. I got 2000 points in one click with the dreadnought lol.

Vitor711

Yeah, I'm running stock. I've always been so used to the GPU being the bottleneck I hadn't really considered the CPU. I'll bump it up tomorrow and see if it runs better.

Yo - we have the exact same system. What resources are you using to OC your CPU? I've OC'd GPUs before but all of the guides I saw for CPU stuff seem way more intimidating. Still running at stock as a result.

Dalibor68

Banned
Starting to get anxious reading those impressions with my not-overclocked i5 3570k

When did CPUs become relevant again?

BraXzy

Is there an in game option to display in-game performance stats? I looked and looked and couldn't find one.

ISee

Starting to get anxious reading those impressions with my not-overclocked i5 3570k

When did CPUs become relevant again?

Started late 2015.

But I agree an i5 6600 minimum is a bit surprising. Must be some magic cpu optimisation on ps4.

Top Bottom