• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bf3.gif

LordCanti

Nostalgia~4ever said:
as far as I know, this is the only BF3 jet screenshot available

IR6KL.jpg

Imagine if you can eject...and it..you know...has an awesome ejection animation where you literally get blown out of the cockpit and go flying up while the jet gets scuttled underneath you...

In my pants.....

Sethos

Banned
LordCanti said:
Imagine if you can eject...and it..you know...has an awesome ejection animation where you literally get blown out of the cockpit and go flying up while the jet gets scuttled underneath you...

In my pants.....

Too bad you're going to get Press E, *poof outside plane*

Kyaw

RoboPlato said:
Single player may get something like that, at least.

I just know single player is going to be awesome and authentic with a lot of cool moments.

Like MoH single player was but a lot more diverse with tanks and jets.
And way better animations and visuals of course.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok, back home. Going through these videos now. The 1 good 1 I thought I had ended up being me blowing up the C4 with my back to the explosion. Looking for others.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kyaw said:
I just know single player is going to be awesome and authentic with a lot of cool moments.

Like MoH single player was but a lot more diverse with tanks and jets.
And way better animations and visuals of course.
I'm really looking forward to the campaign, even though all of the other DICE single player games have been pretty good with a couple little features that pulled them way down. I'm also hoping that'll be along the same lines as MoH, albeit a little more Hollywood.

Plus it'll give me something to play for the inevitable few days where matchmaking doesn't work.

woober

Metalmurphy said:
Pfft, overpowered J-10 and missiles. Real man go with the F15 and machine gun :p

As an average jet fighter, I constantly got owned by the pros no matter what jet they had. And when I was on ground as infantry, I would get pwned by all the jets in the sky. I'm so glad engineers can specialize in anti-air rockets.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lazybones18 said:
Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with jets in BF3. I would probably crash and blow up within 15secs of piloting the thing
Same here. However, I plan on getting my engineer decked out to take them down ASAP.

lazybones18 said:
Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with jets in BF3. I would probably crash and blow up within 15secs of piloting the thing

A squad with members on the ground and one bomber was the greatest thing ever in BF2. Squad leader could put the attack icon anywhere on the map and the bomber would see it and just do a bombing run. There's nothing more awesome then seing a tank between you and the objective, asking for a bombing run and seeing a plane pwning that tank a few seconds later.

Ofcourse... we won't get the attack icon this time since there's no commander mode... :(

woober

Metalmurphy said:
A squad with members on the ground and one bomber was the greatest thing ever in BF2. Squad leader could put the attack icon anywhere on the map and the bomber would see it and just do a bombing run. There's nothing more awesome then seing a tank between you and the objective, asking for a bombing run and seeing a plane pwning that tank a few seconds later.

Ofcourse... we won't get the attack icon this time since there's no commander mode... :(

: (

Metalmurphy said:

Did they actually confirm no commander?

Jets is another reason I'll really miss mod tools. I'd personally spend the time creating a 1942 Battle of Britain
(after El Alamein)
remake if it were possible.

Asgaro

lazybones18 said:

Simply train in empty servers, thats what im gonna do.

edit: ok everyone to new thread :)

Metalmurphy said:
It wasn't on the alpha and I really doubt something that big wouldn't have been implemented by now.

Alpha is pretty early and focused on stress testing. I'm fairly confident commander will be in the final game.

LordCanti said:
Is BF3 likely to have joystick support for the jets? If so...daddy needs a new joystick.

i'm worried about this because bad company 2 kinda had fucked up joystick support. the one i have didn't really work and i could never use choppers. hopefully it's fixed for bf3

so i can do stuff like this again:

X7JXf.gif

9OPfX.gif

super old gifs i made on a machine that barely ran the game at 40fps with fraps turned off. was pretty proud of myself when i was able to pull those off.

Tallshortman said:
Alpha is pretty early and focused on stress testing. I'm fairly confident commander will be in the final game.
That's the kind of stuff that gets into the game even before an alpha. Don't get your hopes up.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kyaw said:
I haven't seen any LAV explosions. Has anyone got them recorded by any chance?
I cant seem to find any. I deleted a bunch of defense clips a few days ago :/
Sorry about that. Closest thing I have is ppl hitting it with a few rockets while I arm it with C4's and blow it up w/o looking at it. Sounds amazing though!

Any requests for anything else?

Arnie

Didn't know C4 was in the Alpha, which class unlocks it? I'm guessing Support or Recon because they're the two I didn't really play.

mr_nothin

Banned
Arnie said:
Didn't know C4 was in the Alpha, which class unlocks it? I'm guessing Support or Recon because they're the two I didn't really play.
Support class. That's the only reason I played as support class was because I found out it had C4. Class is pretty awesome once you unlock C4. I used C4 to blow up so many LAVs. 3 C4s took it out.

Izayoi

Banned
Hit detection is definitely lightyears ahead of anything else in the Battlefield series, Bad Company or otherwise.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the new thread before I posted.

Spl1nter said:
If you are going to post bf2 jet footage then you cant go without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfBmHm94G7A&feature=player_embedded

No HD :(

To think this was over 5 years ago.

Oh good lord... the parts where you're flying over the water... The Jet's are one of my favourite things to do in BF2. Even though it's hard to rack up heaps of kills, it's just the best thing to do to support your team. Take down heli's, harass vehicles, take out anti-air guns, dog-fight.

But can you guys imagine... in that video when flying low over the water there is no jet wash causing the water to wash up into the air... if BF3 does it right, there should be either one or two great big fountains of water spraying up into the air as you fly close to the water... OMG that is going to look SO FUCKING SICK.

Imagine Omen, standing on the edge of the island and you see two F35's burning in low from the carrier is with their own 'water wash' flying up into the air... it will be FUCKING GLORIOUS!!!!

Dammit... DAMMIT GIVE IT TO ME NOW... PIPE IT TO MY VEINS!

Klocker

So am I going to miss spamming Snipers with smoke grenades?

The games I play in are so much better when there is smoke cover provided and wookies cant just sit back picking off attackers.

I'm just thinking that if Assault has smoke launcher and no ammo it may be a bitch to keep cover going.

Izayoi said:
I imagine that smoke will be in the game. Regarding no ammo: that's what teammates are for!

No, it's what I'm for (and repairs and heal), otherwise I'd never get XP besides spotting.

I've been meaning to try and play recon like a scout class, not focus on trying to get kills (well I will get them if I can), but on spotting things for players and even for snipers.

In short I can't shoot for shit so thank you based DISC for having Support Classes well Supported! :)

Klocker

Izayoi said:
I imagine that smoke will be in the game. Regarding no ammo: that's what teammates are for!

but have you played BC2 on 360? :D

seems like nobody plays assault (Medics, wookies and Engis, oh my!) and when they do they don;t know where the ammo button is... basturds.

I'm guessing all the Medics will now go assault so they can keep reviving their butt-buddies and again, we have no ammo boxes.

Izayoi

Banned
Klocker said:
but have you played BC2 on 360?
Nope. Non-gimped versions only for me. Have never had a problem with teammates on the PC. It's back to the way it was in BF2, and that's how it should be.

mr_nothin said:
Smoke grenades that will actually work seeing as the smoke is volumetric. =]

And bullets flying through them will drag the smoke along with it... and choppers flying over the top that will push it down, and a jeep whizzing through it that will cause a tunnel through the smoke, and a jet burning past over the top that drags the whole smoke cloud 10 metres over.

YUM!

NIN90

ColonialRaptor said:
And bullets flying through them will drag the smoke along with it... and choppers flying over the top that will push it down, and a jeep whizzing through it that will cause a tunnel through the smoke, and a jet burning past over the top that drags the whole smoke cloud 10 metres over.

YUM!

No fucking way.

Got a birthday coupon for 25% off an Origin purchase. I was going to wait until launch to see if it shows up on Steam after all, but for $45 I guess I'll cave in and preorder it from Origin.

Top Bottom