• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Nekrono said:
Off the top of my head... Origin only offers you 1 year of download service, after that good luck getting the game.

Also what Izayoi said.

so its not like steam where when you get it you have it forever.

Izayoi

Banned
shagg_187 said:
You have the game forever but you must play it once every two years, or something like that or else it will deactivate, i.e. a fucking hassle.
You don't even have to play it, you just have to log into Origin at least once every two years.

Nekrono

shagg_187 said:
You have the game forever but you must play it once every two years, or something like that or else it will deactivate, i.e. a fucking hassle.
Izayoi said:
You don't even have to play it, you just have to log into Origin at least once every two years.
Isn't that for not having your account erased by EA? Even if you still play it or login from time to time you still have a 1 year download service limitation correct?

Dr Prob

Banned
zh1nt0 said:
People have been assigned to give you some good coverage of what´s going on

Yes! Keep going Al!

ijmaEm.gif

Megasoum

Banned

Nekrono said:
Isn't that for not having your account erased by EA? Even if you still play it or login from time to time you still have a 1 year download service limitation correct?

EA already said they won't delete accounts of customers who bought stuff. That section of the TOS is simply to prevent people from creating a ton of fake accounts to spam or do other things like that...

Article on RPS about that

I didn't actually take the time to check myself but I really wouldn't be surprised if Steam had a similar rule.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder if using a VPN to buy the Thailand version on your account will entail on some sort of retaliation from EA...

LordCanti

As a rule of thumb, if some foreign company is offering to "open a BF3 box for you, and send you the code in an e-mail" for a cheap price, it is probably a scam. It's definitely against EA's TOS.

LordCanti

Asgaro said:
Seems a shame I didn't track this forum while watching the E3 coverage. Would have had a good laugh with all those gif's. :)

The funny thing is, that guy was one of the only ones to get actual multiplayer gameplay footage at E3. Of course, it was sporadic throughout hours of coverage though, so he was getting ripped a new one the whole time with hilarious GIF's.

Sethos

Banned
Asgaro said:
Seems a shame I didn't track this forum while watching the E3 coverage. Would have had a good laugh with all those gif's. :)

The thread itself was one of the best GAF threads for me personally, the comments and the discussion was hilarious. Just seeing people's immense disappointment and the constant tease.

Radec

desu said:
Steelbook? Where is that from ?

Asia.

Probably same with Killzone 3 where at the first month, all copies are in steelbook case and cost for like $45. A month later it returned to normal cases.

woober

Radec said:
Asia.

Probably same with Killzone 3 where at the first month, all copies are in steelbook case and cost for like $45. A month later it returned to normal cases.

You got a link? Do they do international shipping?

LordCanti

1-D_FTW

The Stealth Fox said:
Are we allowed to ask for unused codes (a la Dirt 3 thread) in this thread?

Anyone wanna help a brotha out?

Tell me how to strip the code out and I'll give you mine.

I just hit on the link and I'm taken to the store. Can't see where the code is hidden.

LordCanti

I'll give them the reach around if casings stay on the ground for an entire round. Imagine it....round is nearly over, and the floor is just littered with them. You can't take a step without slipping and sliding around like the floor is waxed.

Kyaw

LordCanti said:
I'll give them the reach around if casings stay on the ground for an entire round. Imagine it....round is nearly over, and the floor is just littered with them. You can't take a step without slipping and sliding around like the floor is waxed.

something something not enough memory

Blame it on consoles!

Effect

eznark said:
holy shit Medal of Honor multiplayer is awful

It is. Only Kandahar Marketplace and Kabul City Ruins in Team Assault and Sector Control are worthwhile. Those are the best maps I feel and the most fair for both teams. Not many choke points.

Heysoos

Hey guys, quick question since Google isn't bring up anything. What video card did DICE use for their E3 gameplay demo?

Velion said:
Yeah I just cancelled my preorder to preorder it again with free game this time.

Origin pre-order bundle looks good but the following Terms of Service suck:

Performance of the Contract:

The products and services that we make available on the Websites may be downloaded or accessed for at least one year after you have completed your purchase. Certain products and services will be available to you as soon as you complete your purchase. In some cases, we may also give you the opportunity purchase a license for a software product prior to its scheduled release date. If you purchase a software license prior to the release date of the applicable software, a portion of the software will be immediately downloaded onto your computer. On the release date of the applicable software, your computer will automatically download the remaining portion of the software that is needed for you to install and use the software. Our Websites will inform you which type of software product you are purchasing. Our obligation to deliver the software product to you shall be complete at such time as, and place where, you first receive either the downloaded product or physical product, as applicable.

I guess this has been asked many times already, but I can't find anything in the last pages atleast. Has there been any word on how the physical version is activated? I guess you have to play it through Origin, but has there been any word on this? Perhaps you even can activate it on Steam?

mr_nothin

Banned
Oh Gawd
Im playing BC2 again for the 1st time since the alpha and man....
It's seriously hard to enjoy this game any more. I really didnt think it would affect my opinion that much. Hit detection is a joke. Everything now seems like a parody. It feels so cartoony im comparison. It's now really obvious that BC2 will not fill my need for battlefield until BF3 hits. :(

I played BC2 almost everyday or at least every other day before the alpha came out. After you go back though, you realize just how many small subtle changes they made that makes the experience tons better.

Sethos

Banned
I always thought BC2 was a pile of dung but I tried it a few days ago, see if it could soothe me over until at least the BF3 Beta but man, it's like a completely different game in comparison, feels so restricted and dumbed down at its core.

And that muffle filter on EVERY SOUND is also very apparent.

Top Bottom