• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer [And Details]

Enkidu

Mrbob said:
7 flag conquest assault, alright I forgive you Dice.
I can definitely deal with Karkand having one less flag. Interestingly enough, it seems Sharqi also has 7 flags, which is one more than it used to have.

sp3000

AleeN634 said:
Did they ever confirm if we can use the new weapons (not vehicles duh) on our loadouts for the stock maps as well?

I think the answer was no because on console memory constraints. The weapons simply replace the stock weapons on the karkand maps but are not unlocks that you can use. The reason being because adding more weapons would go beyond the console memory limit.

Enkidu said:
I can definitely deal with Karkand having one less flag. Interestingly enough, it seems Sharqi also has 7 flags, which is one more than it used to have.

Looks like they added another point between the tower and the rest of the map.

Sober

Wait, I thought this expansion pack was pre-order or 15$ later, but LE has it too? Can I still buy the LE later on and get this expansion pack?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sober said:
Wait, I thought this expansion pack was pre-order or 15$ later, but LE has it too? Can I still buy the LE later on and get this expansion pack?

If you can find any LE's then sure. LE's are all the first run copies. They may still be available some places.

sp3000

cackhyena said:
Never played BF2. These map sizes, they dwarf something like Caspian to be able to have that many flags?

No, they are all smaller than that. The flag positions are just much better spaced. If you notice Caspian had all the points in 1/4 of the map size. Here they actually occupy the whole map.

So it's the 32 player Karkand? Expected, but disappointing.

It's somewhere in between the two. The area behind the river is open, but another flag is also near the market area.

mr_nothin

Banned
zephervack said:
Hey, you should open a thread for these, im sure there is lots of interest!
Im conflicted because there's already a thread on FXAA injection, since it's not really game specific but then again, most ppl are wanting to use it for BF3 right now. Most people will probably glance over the "FXAA Injection" title

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Considering some of the garbage they've got in BF3 I don't trust DICE when it comes to editing maps.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Karkand 64 has 9 points, Karkand 32 has 7. Unless it's Karkand64 and they have a locked Iraqi and US spawn.

Ikuu said:
Karkand 64 has 9 points, Karkand 32 has 7. Unless it's Karkand64 and they have a locked Iraqi and US spawn.

US spawn was always locked in Karkand, one less point wont make that much of a difference.

Enkidu

Ikuu said:
Karkand 64 has 8 points, not 9.
ZN47D.jpg

ape2man

Nostalgia~4ever said:
it means more destruction than the vanilla game.

Wait so they first nerf the destruction in the vanilla maps. And add that
stuff in the new maps.. WTF its like i just bought a in complete product.

Enkidu

ape2man said:
Wait so they first nerf the destruction in the vanilla maps. And add that
stuff in the new maps.. WTF its like i just bought a in complete product.
Do we have any confirmation that they mean more destruction than the vanilla maps? Battlefield 2 had extremely limited destruction (there were some fences here and there that could be destroyed, I believe) so anything is improved destruction compared to the original maps.

Spl1nter

Enkidu said:
Do we have any confirmation that they mean more destruction than the vanilla maps? Battlefield 2 had extremely limited destruction (there were some fences here and there that could be destroyed, I believe) so anything is improved destruction compared to the original maps.

more destruction

karkand-small.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
Kyaw said:
That worked!

Caspian looks much greener now.
:D Great
I'm working on trying to flatten this exposure curve right now. It's like they have a hard limit set when it comes to trying to tone down the highlight clipping.

They're really emulating a camera lens here.

Enkidu said:

yes there is a new interview at IGN were DICE says B2K has more destruction than vanilla.

These new maps look sweet. Oh, and to the people saying BC2 maps were bad. Get out of here. Some solid maps in that game. I'd love to see some of them put in to BF3.

Spl1nter

ape2man said:
so its still not possible to destroy complete buildings like BC2. :(

You can destroy some buildings in bf3 comletely. It is idiotic to make most buildings completely destructible, it ruins map design and flow.

RibbedHero said:
In Battlelog Back to Karkand is a seperate "game", similar to BFBC2:Vietnam.

What I hope they will implement is a third option on the left, which would be "BF3 + B2K", which would mean one could choose to filter servers that play just BF3, just B2K, or a combination of the two.

I feel that'd be the best way of sorting this problem out.
this!

TheSeks said:
I see... 6 conquest points... on Karkand(? Can't tell with IRNV).

Everyone bitching in that "PC isn't the lead platform anymore" thread... owned?

Dealwithit.gif, PCGAF.
PC is lead platform for the first map pack!

Back For The Gold is next!!?! AMIRITE?!?!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
gibon3z said:
I knew it , the only good BF3 maps were going to be the B2k maps. Only caspian is good from the Bf3 maps.

lol. Firestorm is better than Caspian. Also Kharg Island.

Mothman91 said:
Anyone know or have an idea how big this will be?

Since the game includes some, if not a lot, of new assets, I'd say it would be around 800MB-1.5GB. That's just a wild guess, but I can't imagine it being more than 1.5GB. Most likely around 1GB I'd say.

Enkidu

ape2man said:
so its still not possible to destroy complete buildings like BC2. :(
As long as you can shoot out the walls I'm happy. I actually prefer blown out buildings over the ruins you usually had in BC2, it gives you some cover even if the building is completely destroyed.

aznpxdd

Oh god, finally, proper conquest maps! Half of the maps on BF3 are great for rush, but not so much for 64 conquest.

<3 Karkand. Though I miss that hazy brown look it had in BF2!

J-Rzez

Now we need some explanation of "extended persistence" please. Also, that's pretty damned lame if you can't use the new weapons on old maps, or is that just for consoles?

Top Bottom