• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer [And Details]

Spl1nter

Ya the screenshot of wake looks really small but then in the trailer at 28-29 the map looks like its right size.

bishoptl said:
No Arica Harbor is a sin against God and man alike.

good rush map, bad conquest map.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Dreaver said:
So hyped for this. Wake Island is one of the best multiplayer maps ever.
Thats the Gods honest truth.

It still is mindblowing that Wake Island was the free demo for 1942.. servers were running that demo for what, years? it was that good.

Enkidu

bloodydrake said:
Thats the Gods honest truth.

It still is mindblowing that Wake Island was the free demo for 1942.. servers were running that demo for what, years? it was that good.
I'm fairly certain you can still find servers for the Wake demo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Enkidu said:
I'm not so sure, almost all of the vanilla maps are actually the same size on both console and PC. The difference is usually only in the amount of flags.
Oh really? I thought the 64 player versions were bigger?

Enkidu

firehawk12 said:
Oh really? I thought the 64 player versions were bigger?
Sadly, no. This means many maps end up feeling really cramped with 64 players because they are so small.

Spl1nter

I H8 Memes said:
Yes yes yes yes yes.

I didnt even want the old weapons and vehicles, just the old maps. In fact I would prefer to not have the old weapons and vehicles.

Dont worry, the j-10 isnt one of the old vehicles included in the game. The more weapons the better.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
VaLiancY said:
I wish I could beach the carrier and cause stupid amounts of performance drops like many moons ago. :(
Ahh good times :)

396606-screenshot17.jpg

Midway but close enough

gibon3z said:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1411/scaleddownmaps.jpg[IMG]

That does look super tiny lol.[/QUOTE]

Is that supposed to be the whole island? I think it looks like the chinese base in the foreground and that is giving the illusion that this is the whole map. But where is the airstrip? I think this is actually the left side peninsula (looking at the island from the U.S. Carrier) and not the Chinese airstrip.

dLMN8R

RibbedHero said:
On second thought Wake Island looks the same size it was in BF2. Here is a picture from a similar angle:

[.IMG]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6775/wakebf2.jpg[/IMG]

puke.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
sp3000 said:
There was literally not a single good map in BC2.

Screw off with this nonsense.

Panama Canal
Atacama Desert
Arica Harbor
Port Valdez

...all great maps. And among the rest they were all at worst "good" maps - not a bad one in the bunch.

gibon3z said:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1411/scaleddownmaps.jpg/IMG]

That does look super tiny lol.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Use that chopper to judge the scale, and then consider that part of the island isn't even in the screen. Looks about right to me.

def sim

I should be able to pull away from MW3 by the time this gets out, so good timing on their part. This all looks so good, hopefully they put in single map servers on console.

sp3000

Vilam said:

Panama Canal
Atacama Desert
Arica Harbor
Port Valdez

...all great maps. And among the rest they were all at worst "good" maps - not a bad one in the bunch.

Atacama HAHAHA

And every one of those maps sucked on Conquest.

Did you ever play BC1?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
sp3000 said:
And every one of those maps sucked on Conquest.

Oh, you're one of those people. There's nothing wrong with Rush, plenty of fun to be had in both modes. Panama was fantastic for Conquest, and Atacama was best played on Conquest as well.

No_Style

Vilam said:

Panama Canal
Atacama Desert
Arica Harbor
Port Valdez

So good! One of my favorite Conquest maps.

Atacama Desert and Port Valdez were solid CQ maps as well

Enkidu

No_Style said:
So good! One of my favorite Conquest maps.

Atacama Desert and Port Valdez were solid CQ maps as well
3 capture points in a straight line isn't exactly what I'd call a good Conquest map. That's not to say you couldn't get a good game going on those maps, but they were not very well designed for conquest.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
ghst said:
i've really missed the crazed sycophantic ballwashing from the pre-release battlefield threads, glad to see it's back in force for the dlc.

wait, i mean BE MY BODY ADVISED ABOVE THE CALL BRO GOTY.

U mad?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Prologue said:
It says "enchanced" destruction. Why wasn't this in the game to begin with? Why in just these maps?
I think it's odd too. I would have thought that these would have had less destruction than the base game since they're BF2 maps, not the other way around.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Prologue said:
It says "enchanced" destruction. Why wasn't this in the game to begin with? Why in just these maps?

I guess they mean enhanced compared to the original maps?

Top Bottom