• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer [And Details]

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Red Blaster said:
you know I'm right bish

why settle for truncated BS when we can have real big country shit like this

Dragon64.jpg
I loved Dragon Valley even though it felt like a BF Vietnam map. Or maybe because it did.

Kyaw

mr_nothin said:
:D Great
I'm working on trying to flatten this exposure curve right now. It's like they have a hard limit set when it comes to trying to tone down the highlight clipping.

They're really emulating a camera lens here.

Do you have settings to make the game look more vibrant but still realistic and gritty?

Red Blaster said:
you know I'm right bish

why settle for truncated BS when we can have real big country shit like this

Dragon64.jpg

I never played BF2 so im just wondering, how come there is only one spawn on the map, where does the opposing team spawn?

Makoto

zephervack said:
I never played BF2 so im just wondering, how come there is only one spawn on the map, where does the opposing team spawn?
Oh boy.

You're looking at the spawns. That's Conquest Assault.

zephervack said:

Americans start with aircraft carrier (uncappable spawn) and one cappable base, and have to assault inland.

I WILL TAKE GAF OUT TO DINNER IF THEY PORT DRAGON VALLEY

AndyD

aka andydumi
ape2man said:
so its still not possible to destroy complete buildings like BC2. :(

You can take out some buildings completely in BF3. There are several on Firestorm I think that come down completely. I just don't think its as easy.

zephervack said:

China can spawn at any of their points, US can spawn at any of theirs. The map shows the points the teams start with. The top right point is uncappable, while the rest are.

If China loses all their points they lose (right? I don't remember very well) in addition to being able to lose due to loss of tickets. US starts bleeding tickets from the get go.

RibbedHero said:
China can spawn at any of their points, US can spawn at any of theirs. The map shows the points the teams start with. The top right point is uncappable, while the rest are.

If China loses all their points they lose (right? I don't remember very well) in addition to being able to lose due to loss of tickets. US starts bleeding tickets from the get go.

Oh god. Memories of round start: spawning at Vista Point and setting up C4 along the road, waiting for some hapless US vehicle to roll by. Sooooooooooooo good.

Might be my favorite map in BF2. MAYBE.

If China lost all their points AND all of their remaining troops are killed without taking another point, they have no place to respawn and lose.

Rad- said:
This map felt empty even with 64 players.

Shut your dirty mouth.

4 New Maps = YES
Conquest Assault = YES
Enhanced Destruction = YES
Extended Persistence = WTF
Trailer Music = Best OST in gaming right now

Can't wait for this!

Anton Sugar said:
There are 8 cap points in that screen, and there are 7 in BF3's map. I don't think they cut off both Factory and Warehouse.
No they're both gone, the 7th flag is from the old 32 player version. Between Square and Train Accident.

....unless this is the 32 player version they're showing.

Spl1nter

VibratingDonkey said:
Looks like they've cut off the rightmost bit of Karkand, removing Warehouse and Factory. Seems dumb. Will probably lead to more clog at the bridge and a less dynamic map.

It actually looks like they tried to do the opposite. They made the bridge area larger and easier to cross. It was a pretty shitty chokepoint in bf2.

mr_nothin said:
Before:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/nosun.jpg[IMG]
After:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/sunbloomcolourgrade.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Regarding that FXAA thing:

what settings do you use to get back to the "BEFORE" type of coloring?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anton Sugar said:
Oh god. Memories of round start: spawning at Vista Point and setting up C4 along the road, waiting for some hapless US vehicle to roll by. Sooooooooooooo good.

This was so much fun. And so predictable too. It happened almost 100% of the time within a couple of minutes of waiting. Not productive long term, but so fun.

Also, if they are bringing back Conquest Assault with this pack, could they possibly bring back somewhat of a Titan mode with a 2142 pack? I say yes.

And the $15 price point for what you get seems reasonable to me. If everything integrates well, weapons, vehicles and maps can all intermingle and not a limited B2K mode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, Conquest Assault. :(

I so wish I had a decent PC now. The versions of the maps on 360 are going to feel so small.

Enkidu

firehawk12 said:
Man, Conquest Assault. :(

I so wish I had a decent PC now. The versions of the maps on 360 are going to feel so small.
I'm not so sure, almost all of the vanilla maps are actually the same size on both console and PC. The difference is usually only in the amount of flags.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i've really missed the crazed sycophantic ballwashing from the pre-release battlefield threads, glad to see it's back in force for the dlc.

wait, i mean BE MY BODY ADVISED ABOVE THE CALL BRO GOTY.

mr_nothin

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
Regarding that FXAA thing:

what settings do you use to get back to the "BEFORE" type of coloring?
You can quick switch at any point with the "pause | break" button. It switches it on/off w/o having to exit the game.

Or do you mean put the settings back to default? Did you screw something up?

So obviously that's all PC footage and it's the first time in a while that I've truly been jealous of the Master Race. :(

However, I am still excited for this pack! I am going to thoroughly enjoy this on my 360.

mr_nothin said:
You can quick switch at any point with the "pause | break" button. It switches it on/off w/o having to exit the game.

Or do you mean put the settings back to default? Did you screw something up?
no i mean how to get the coloring back that you see in the above "BEFORE" screenshot in Retail BF3 by using the tonemapping feature in this FXAA injector.

I know you cant remove the bloom and glare but being able to reverse the bullshit "filmic colorgrading" would be nice.

mr_nothin

Banned
Tell me how this looks for you :D
I'm still tweaking a little bit
Cuban Legend said:
no i mean how to get the coloring back that you see in the above "BEFORE" screenshot in Retail BF3 by using the tonemapping feature in this FXAA injector.

I know you cant remove the bloom and glare but being able to reverse the bullshit "filmic colorgrading" would be nice.
/*======================================================================================
"USER" ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS
======================================================================================*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
// These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILTER SELECTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Comment to deactivate an effect.
// Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM
//#define USE_TECHNICOLOR
#define USE_TONEMAP
//#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE
//#define USE_POST_SHARPEN
//#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FXAA SHADER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set values to calculate the amount of Anti Aliasing applied
float fxaaQualitySubpix = 1.00; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.012; // Lower the value for more smoothing
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.012; // Lower the value for more smoothing

PRE_SHARPEN
//For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
bool highQualitySharpen = 0; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
#define Average 0.30
#define CoefBlur 1

// Set values of the sharpening amount
#define SharpenEdge 1.2
#define Sharpen_val0 0.5

BLOOM

TECHNICOLOR
#define TechniAmount 0.3 // 1.00 = Max
#define TechniPower 6.0 // lower values = whitening

// lower values = stronger channel
#define redNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.7 // 1.00 = Max
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.7 // 1.00 = Max

TONEMAP
#define Gamma 1.00
#define Exposure 0.00
#define Saturation 0.70 // use negative values for less saturation.
#define BlueShift 0.00 // Higher = more blue in image.
#define Bleach -0.04 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
#define Defog 0.090 // Strength of Lens Colors.
#define FogColor float4(0.06, 0.10, 0.08, 1.00) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
#define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
#define GreyPower 1 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the grey color you wish to

blend in
#define SepiaPower 1.2 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the color tone you wish

to blend in

VIGNETTE
// Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture

frame
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.
#define VignetteRadius 0.9 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -0.50 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

POST_SHARPEN
// Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
float Sharpen = 0.01;

FINAL_LIMITER
// Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

xbhaskarx

After this one, have they indicated how regularly they intend to release map packs?
Hopefully they do a better job this time than with BC2...

Kyaw

mr_nothin said:
Tell me how this looks for you :D
I'm still tweaking a little bit

The game doesn't load for me sometimes... only happens when i have those injector files in my directory.

Biggzy

xbhaskarx said:
After this one, have they indicated how regularly they intend to release map packs?
Hopefully they do a better job this time than with BC2...

All they have said is that they will release a robust set of dlc over the coming six months. I think it can be assumed they will do a better job than BC2, although that isn't hard.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kyaw said:
The game doesn't load for me sometimes... only happens when i have those injector files in my directory.
Hmm, not really sure what the problem could be. Do you have ATI or Nvidia?

gibon3z said:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1411/scaleddownmaps.jpg[IMG]

That does look super tiny lol.[/QUOTE]

It does look tiny, but if I'm not mistaken DICE said its bigger than previous versions.

Top Bottom