• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Final Stand image leaked, looks futuristic

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bf4-final-standiwe9r.png

Battlefield 4 Final Stand is the last expansion pack for BF4, and for the first time, we’ve gotten a glimpse of the what it might include.

An image of Final Stand recently leaked, which shows a snow map with a soldier holding what appears to be a rather futuristic weapon. In fact, the image reminds us a lot of BF2142, the 2006-game that had a lot of snow maps.

Battlefield 4 Final Stand isn’t set for release for at least another month, and EA has scheduled a media event for YouTubers to get a glimpse at the game next week.

As with all other expansion packs, Final Stand will include four new maps, and new weapons and vehicles as well. Although, judging by the leaked image, we might see something completely different — maybe the last DCL will in fact feature a futuristic setting?

http://bf4central.com/2014/09/battlefield-4-final-stand-image-leaked/

Update:

zma1013

Gun looks a bit futuristic but could be based on some theoretical prototype rail gun that exists. Beyond that, his outfit looks normal and the helicopter looks normal. I'ma guess it's not 2142 style.

Phyla

All these modern combat-themed games make me long for a new WWII era in first person shooters.

How about those long forgotten plans for 1943 on PC, DICE?

Coolluck

Will it include the Gun Master mode that I want back? I don't care if I have to play it with futuristic weapons or not. Also, it doesn't look that futuristic to me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Eh, it's not worth seeing.

I still want to know why the twitter site is not loading anymore for me lol.

Edit: looks like more people in my region have this problem, i will wait it out i guess.

So, is it just me, or are all the shooters these days going for a futuristic setting instead of a modern one?
I think it's a good thing. With modern day shooters, everyone has to follow the same basic "modern-day" tech. In futuristic shooters, creativity reigns supreme as devs can invent whatever they'd like.

I really hope this gen is mostly futuristic for FPS with some WW2 titles thrown in.

BigMoose

Neo Member
I'm definitely interested in seeing this. For all the flak that bf4 got, I definitely think I got my moneys worth with all the DLC and everything. Should be no different for Final Stand.

Hopefully if this is good, this is what BF5 will be.

I don't think we'll even be getting another mainline Battlefield for a while. We'll get spin-off's like Hardline, and maybe even another Bad Company to please the console gamers. Plus there's Battlefront 3 on the way. I hope they give the mainline Battlefield's a bit of a rest for a few years after releasing 3 and 4 so close when 2 and 3 had a very long time gap between them

SURGEdude

Ohhhh 2142 was yummy. Very unappreciated too. Not to derail but how is BF4 on PS4 these days? Is the multi running smoothly now? Just might have to jump in on this DLC if everything is up to snuff finally.

I don't think we'll even be getting another mainline Battlefield for a while. We'll get spin-off's like Hardline, and maybe even another Bad Company to please the console gamers. Plus there's Battlefront 3 on the way. I hope they give the mainline Battlefield's a bit of a rest for a few years after releasing 3 and 4 so close when 2 and 3 had a very long time gap between them
Yeah, a bit of a rest would be good. But knowing EA, that probably won't happen.

Mully

lol those tanks look like this wonderful feat of Swedish engineering

StridsvagnS.jpg

Really interested in the new BF4 expansion. It looks like the whole expansion is gonna be a call back to 2142.

That too.

I really hope the XM8 is put back in the goddamn game.

will still trade in and havent touched the game in 6 months. dice really needs to take a break with the mainstream series and get back to the other titles that made me love the franchise, like bad company. that series was quality over quantity, unlike bf 3 and 4. those games are overtechnical chores.

fps is pretty much stale at the moment.

Top Bottom