• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So do we know what maps are in Second Assault yet? I'm guessing Metro and Caspian will make the cut but I'm hoping for a couple others as well.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah I booted up BF3 after the Beta closed recently and it hit me just how awful the suppression is. Especially when sniping, you can watch through the scope as your bullet practically flies three metres to the right of where you aimed, with a bipod.
I do feel like they shouldn't have reduced the killtimes. Without nearly as much suppression people will hit more bullets on average anyway so having faster killtimes seems a bit unnecessary. I went back to BF3 and I vastly prefer the killtimes in that game, especially if you're playing gametypes where a lot of action happens in one spot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thank fuck for that. .50 cal is annoying enough as it is with 20 rounds.

Ah, but the Ammo box can resupply that, can't it?

Oh, misread. The special weapons on the map, no. I thought you were talking the XM-25.

HariKari

Ah, but the Ammo box can resupply that, can't it?

No, which is what he is asking. The pickups like the .50 rifle, M32 grenade launcher, USAS with frags etc... can't be reloaded at all beyond what they come with, which is 1 full load + 1 reload.

You can refill gadgets like the XM25 and motion sensor balls from an ammo BOX, the ammo pack is throwable and refills only primary/secondary ammo.

HariKari

Well, as someone who plays exclusively on Hardcore, most sniper rounds are 1-hit kills anyways. At least that's the way it was in 3.

Right, that's understandable. The problem is that the .50 is semi auto, has 10 rounds, kills if it hits your toe on vanilla, and can be picked up by anyone. You can clear rooms with it, which is silly. A good player could clear the entire street on domination with it, locking down that flag. I don't mind it as an idea, but I have a feeling we will see a lot of bipod heroes scramble for the long range version that is hidden in the tower or on the island in Paracel Storm.

Not looking forward to the BF4 equivalent of carrier deck snipers, now with the 40x scope.

Right, that's understandable. The problem is that the .50 is semi auto, has 10 rounds, kills if it hits your toe on vanilla, and can be picked up by anyone. You can clear rooms with it, which is silly.

I'm with ya. Even in Hardcore limb shots shouldn't be a kill. Hardcore in 3 had it just about perfect.

JJD

So who all from the ps3 bc2 crew will be there day one on PS4? Hope the friends list carries over...

I'll be on PS4 but I'll only be getting my console around December 17.

In the meantime I'll be lurking and crying in the thread reading about the fun times you guys will be having...

=(

The usual gang (evolved, faceless, olimpia, nostyle, JJD, meppi, etc.) are still here, Abu is coming back for the PS4 supposedly

I don't think crack even play bf anymore lol.

Our old bc2 leaderboard:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580

What about Rockscar? I wonder if he will be getting a PS4.

We have to grab him and finally pull him away from Bad Company 2!!!

We all loved BC2 Rock, but it's time to let it rest! =D

Jtrizzy

I might return. I wonder what platform. Since I'm back in school I have less time. If you all are getting it on PS4 I'll get it on that instead of PC. I do miss playing with you guys. I don't really own a PS3 anymore since my old one broke, but I'll be getting a PS4 and I have a good PC Rig.

I wonder hows JM been. He was my VIP squadmate.

Cool hope you do. Unless there are some horrible performance issues I'll be there launch night hopefully not later than 1 am

derFeef

I want to buy BF4 for a friend of mine, is the simplycdkey site safe to use? As in Origin region locking or something?

In the meantime I'll be lurking and crying in the thread reading about the fun times you guys will be having...

=(

I don't remember if rockscar mentioned his plans yet (still can't remember his gaf id.)

That said, if they release some sort of BC2 true-HD for the next gen consoles.......I rather play that

lol

Have they said what kind of sea warfare we'll be getting? Are there subs or battleships we can control or is it just what we've already seen from the Shanghai map?

kidko

Happy birthday to me! (ok it's the 27th but still close enough) lets gooooo

BF social media ppl love to ask "so what's the first thing you're gonna do"

I'll probably join a conquest server on paracel storm, spawn in a tank, give and take some damage, jump out to repair the tank and realize I forgot to choose engineer and instead end up throwing a medpack on my tank :(

CatPee

=(

I can't believe he's still playing it regularly to this day.

I mean, I still play some on PC, but damn, almost 3000 hours. >_>

JJD

That rock is a trooper. A month seems so far, yet so close. I hope the destruction is similar to BC2. The beta level was terrible.

Really? From the videos I saw of PC Paracel Storm I thought destruction was going to be similar to BC2... =(

Anyway, hope to see you back on the PS4 Crak!

And someone tell Abu he better buy his PS4 before he moves to Brazil, unless he is willing to pay almost $2K to get one! Lol!

Timu

Really? From the videos I saw of PC Paracel Storm I thought destruction was going to be similar to BC2... =(
It is, just the Shanghai map in the beta isn't the best example for total destruction besides that skyscraper.

TheSeks

Abu's moving to Brazil? Seriously?

Anyway, destruction is not gonna be like BC2. BC2 was the surface of the moon and broke the game. DICE knee-jerked too hard in BF3 so hopefully BF4 is more "balanced" between "no cover" to "some cover."

Heysoos

Is the game going to have proper controller support on PC this time around? I mean for singleplayer mostly. Couldn't do QTEs on my control which made it a pain in the ass to play.

Jtrizzy

Is the game going to have proper controller support on PC this time around? I mean for singleplayer mostly. Couldn't do QTEs on my control which made it a pain in the ass to play.

I think so. I tried it in the beta and it was vastly improved in every way. The buttons were just like the console version without having to remap everything and the sticks weren't completely useless like they were in bf3.

Bailers

Yeah I booted up BF3 after the Beta closed recently and it hit me just how awful the suppression is. Especially when sniping, you can watch through the scope as your bullet practically flies three metres to the right of where you aimed, with a bipod.

I tried playing BF3 after the beta, and just couldn't for a number of reasons. Loved the game, put probably 200 hours into it, but after playing BF4 for only about 15 hours, I'm ready to move on.

The gameplay is superior in almost every way. Driving was janky, hopefully that gets fixed.

TheSeks

"OMG PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY ON HARDCORE MODE DESPITE IT BREAKING EVERYTHING 'BATTLEFIELD' STANDS FOR!" -CoD kiddies that think hardcore is somehow superior to softcore when it isn't.

In fact I was a bit disappointed to see he won't be joining us.

Pfft. You won't miss me in a week, I guarantee it.

BC2 Destruction 2.0 was glorious!

<D 2.0> != destruction balance. Unless you're talking DICE's "codeword" for "improved destruction" between BC1-2 and even then it's still broken. BF3 had the right idea of "indestructible cover so attackers can reach the enemy" but kneejerked too hard to where things weren't able to be defended.

BC2-Attackers favored
BF3-Defenders favored
BF4-Hopefully both are favored(?)

I'm curious - one of the things that's frustrated me about BF3 is the ability for fully upgraded air and/or tank unit to wreck havoc on the field. Generally, the folks that have access to these fully upgraded units have more time to dedicate to gaming than I do; it's a bit frustrating finding a BF3 game that doesn't feel weighted against newer players (or players who don't dedicate the majority of their playing time to the game).

Has Dice said anything about - anything BF4 related - that might address my concern?

Thanks
Nope. People who play more will just be better and people who play less will still find something to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom