• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
"OMG PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY ON HARDCORE MODE DESPITE IT BREAKING EVERYTHING 'BATTLEFIELD' STANDS FOR!" -CoD kiddies that think hardcore is somehow superior to softcore when it isn't.

I'm having trouble reading your Tourettes, but wouldn't that be backwards?

Anyways, I'm certainly not here to judge how people want to play Battlefield, but I find neon triangles and regenerating health pretty laughable, and I'm glad that Hardcore mode is a thing.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm having trouble reading your Tourettes, but wouldn't that be backwards?

Anyways, I'm certainly not here to judge how people want to play Battlefield, but I find neon triangles and regenerating health pretty laughable, and I'm glad that Hardcore mode is a thing.

I find hardcore mode making medics useless laughable.

educator

I'm a huge fan of Battlefield and i'm really looking forward to BF4. I'll buy it with my PS4, and I really feel like it's worth waiting one month to experience it 'next-gen' for the first time. If BF4 is anything like BF3 (or better, which seems to be the case) i'm going to be a happy man. I held out on the beta, but from what i've seen it looks good.

And oh, hopefully the initial loading wont be as long as it was on BF3. It takes forever just to boot the game.

derFeef

The one negative of no longer having 2 minute load times for maps, missing out on the great music in the loading screen. They should really add it to flow into the start of the round and during the end of round.

Haha, exactly, those map themes are burned into my brain. I think 2142 is still my most played BF game to date.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Will the sound quality be noticeably better on XB1/PS4 compared to PS3/360?
With more RAM i guess they can use audio with better sample rate and more audio effects.

JJD

Abu's moving to Brazil? Seriously?

Anyway, destruction is not gonna be like BC2. BC2 was the surface of the moon and broke the game. DICE knee-jerked too hard in BF3 so hopefully BF4 is more "balanced" between "no cover" to "some cover."

He posted sometime ago on OT that he was going to spend some time here.

Don't know if it's still in his plans.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is the game going to have proper controller support on PC this time around? I mean for singleplayer mostly. Couldn't do QTEs on my control which made it a pain in the ass to play.

Controller support was pretty good in the beta. For BF3 I had to use xpadder to get a config that I liked for the 360 controller on PC(just for piloting). I didn't need it for piloting in the beta.

bidguy

Banned
fishing in baku trailer is on xbox live (60fps 720p i think) and it looks amazing on a big screen

its download only, 1,5gb

NIN90

Is the 29th as a release date only for NA? Because I think last time I checked inside the Origin client it said it's slated for the 31th (Germany here).

Edit: Looks like it. Guess I'll be VPNing the singleplayer (ugh) until the 31st.

Pop

Can't wait to stare at this for 3 days not being able to play it.

alusu74.png

"Is this real life"

I just had to haha

Really? From the videos I saw of PC Paracel Storm I thought destruction was going to be similar to BC2... =(

Anyway, hope to see you back on the PS4 Crak!

And someone tell Abu he better buy his PS4 before he moves to Brazil, unless he is willing to pay almost $2K to get one! Lol!
Yeah hopefully I can adapt to the difference. I should still have my sneakiness.

Hardcore mode goes against the game flow. It becomes a camper's dream to sit back and snipe. I call it COD mode because it lowers the emphesis off aiming. It's fun getting runned over by teammates. /s

Ocho

The usual gang (evolved, faceless, olimpia, nostyle, JJD, meppi, etc.) are still here, Abu is coming back for the PS4 supposedly

I don't think crack even play bf anymore lol.

Our old bc2 leaderboard:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580

Ah, the old leader board. I almost got 200 hours in.

I moved to PC for BF3 and got in kind of late; my squad experience is usually only 3-4 GAF guys. I miss the old BC2 days when we had a full team of 12 GAFFers on one side.

Was going to do that cheap Mexico way of purchasing the game but I don't want my account locked for future purchases (need that Titanfall) plus I was too lazy to make a new account.

Got it on gmg, $10 credit towards premium then got $8 credit from that to use for $29 Batman origins, overall good deal!

ruxtpin

Banned
Is there a place to post PC stats to see if we might be able to run at max? I saw the 'recommended" settings, but I'm still hazy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I admit, I did the cheap peso thing. Not paying Origin's AU$139.98 for Battlefield 4 + Premium. Will be interested to see if my account gets future purchases locked, and if I need to play Mass Effect 4 on a new account entirely.

I admit, I did the cheap peso thing. Not paying Origin's AU$139.98 for Battlefield 4 + Premium. Will be interested to see if my account gets future purchases locked, and if I need to play Mass Effect 4 on a new account entirely.

I read from a few people you just need to call in and tell them to take the lock off the account and they will, but I despise customer support so I rather just pay the little extra to avoid it in the future.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Spl1nter

I moved to PC for BF3 and got in kind of late; my squad experience is usually only 3-4 GAF guys. I miss the old BC2 days when we had a full team of 12 GAFFers on one side.

I see how it is, guess there is an open spot in my squad of five now, traitor.

Remmy2112

"OMG PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY ON HARDCORE MODE DESPITE IT BREAKING EVERYTHING 'BATTLEFIELD' STANDS FOR!" -CoD kiddies that think hardcore is somehow superior to softcore when it isn't.

Hardcore tactical crouch-walk/pistols only servers go!
One of if not the fucking stupidest type of server to stain the Battlefield and Call of Duty series.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any footage of the practice mode yet?

jet1911

Looking around a little more for deals I think I'll go the GreenManGaming way.

AC4 -> 60$ (with 13$ gmg credit)
BF4 -> 60$ (with 10$ gmg credit)
BF4 premium -> 50$ - 23$ in credit

147$ total. Not that bad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looking at my Battlefield 3 battlelog, I put many more hours into assault and support than I remember. I expected my percentages to Engineer > Support > Assault > Recon, but it's more Support > Assault > Engineer > Recon, with about 10% drops between the first three. Support probably comes from me playing the bigger maps like Caspian and Firestorm more than others, and the hilarity of using a bipod LMG against fucking sniping recons. Yes, you stupid shits, I can hit you with pinpoint accuracy from the same distance and with an automatic. Suck it.

My play time for the Battlefield 4 beta was heavily in favour of Engineer. Probably went Engineer > Assault > Recon > Support. In a map like Siege of Shanghai Engineer really shined, urban encounters close enough for SMGs to work their magic and the frequent use of vehicles making rockets invaluable for the team. Assault was just me getting a feel and enjoying the shooting. Recon because I like that they've got C4 now. And Support way down the list because the default LMG sucked balls.

I read from a few people you just need to call in and tell them to take the lock off the account and they will, but I despise customer support so I rather just pay the little extra to avoid it in the future.

This would be awesome. Cheers.

I guess my bro is getting the 360 version, so I'll have a chance to play that... Still getting this on X1 though. Hopefully there will be a sufficient amount of Gaffers who will do the same lol.

In other news, last night I played my first BF3 match since before the beta released. I miss spot on RB so much.

Ocho

I see how it is, guess there is an open spot in my squad of five now, traitor.

LOL. Hey hey, I miss the sheer numbers of GAF in PS3, but the quality of the few in PC is superb. Can't possibly leave our squad of international amigos. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Buying Battlefield 4 Premium on PS3 means you get it on PS4, right? I'm thinking of doing it because of the 10 dollar off thing.

Spl1nter

does having premium BF3 on PC give you premium when you get BF4?

No, they are completely different products. They are at the core season passes for each product with some small extras. BF4 Premium should have more of those extras, possibly free maps. Since I dont see Wake Island yet and no battlefield game is complete without wake it better come sometime with the game (karkand as well).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup. Premium carries over for free.
Also, maybe you mis-typed, but it's only $10 to upgrade, not $10 off.
Ah, I meant Sony has the spend 50 to get 10 dollars back. Technically it means Premium is 10 bucks off, assuming you play on buying more PSN stuff anyway.

Yup. Premium carries over for free.
Also, maybe you mis-typed, but it's only $10 to upgrade, not $10 off.

For the upgrade, I have noticed it says "As low as $9.99". To me that sounds like it could potentially be more, but they don't want to say exactly how much it'll cost lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom