• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
900p on Xbox One... 720p on PS4.

The internet would friggin' melt.

LOL. Yes it would.

I wonder why they can't release it until then. Seems stupid to hand on to it until then. They know the truth will come out sooner or later.

Vizzeh

Banned
Who knows, wasn't BF3 CPU intensive? It could be a factor or I could be completely wrong.

I doubt its CPU bound, the amount of extra CPU the x1 has is nominal when compared to the PS4's GPU advantage, I am still interested to know if the X1's CPU advantage is actually a net gain when you include the fact X1 needs more CPU bandwidth for snap features etc.

I wonder if it's possible that the Xbox One has an awful resolution but maybe has a more solid frame rate or slightly better texture quality? That could be the surprise

BeeDog

If everyone is expecting the Xbox One version to be inferior, and he says "You're going to be surprised." I take that as a hint that the Xbox One version is similar to the PS4 version.

haha, if Battlefield 4 is the same resolution on Xbox One and PS4, yet CoD Ghost isn't, I really want to know how IW fucked up development that badly.

It's right in the original post...:

Jack Frags: I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.

GodofWine

MP vs SP is gonna tell us very little "for the warz", unless the MP looks better than the SP, and Id be shocked if that were the case.

I think he's just drumming up hype for his vids.

Chobel

I'm calling it right now, the Xbox One footage will look better. Seriously SP will be always be better, a lot better than MP.

IN&OUT

Banned
Hahaha, look at those xbox fans grasping the straws lol

The MEGATON would be if PS4 multiplayer looked better than X1 Singleplayer

JB1981

We may be surprised by the footage? Does he mean that Xbone looks better than PS4? I think that's the only thing that could surprise people. I must know!!!

Z_Y

Won't single player look better than multiplayer, at least it did in BF3 didn't it? So it won't be an accurate comparison I would think.

That is my thinking too. It wouldn't surprise me if XB1 SP looks a little better than PS4 MP. I want apples to apples, damnit.

Salex_

Jack Frags: I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.
tumblr_inline_mg6fnkaZKg1qdua40.gif

MMaRsu

Banned
If everyone is expecting the Xbox One version to be inferior, and he says "You're going to be surprised." I take that as a hint that the Xbox One version is BASICALLY similar to the PS4 version. Maybe a few less trees or whatever small details than the PS4 version.

haha, if Battlefield 4 is the same resolution on Xbox One and PS4, yet CoD Ghost isn't, I really want to know how IW fucked up development that badly.

Bf4 on the bone wont be 1080p

UNCMark

Banned
doesnt single player always look better over multiplayer?

No one can answer this since no one takes BF single player seriously enough to actually play it. But if the comparison videos he offers is single player vs multi, that's disingenuous as hell.

MS can put out as many ads as it wants to try to massage the message and try to get gamers excited but when push comes to shove and if the ps4 multiplatform games look better immediately to the naked eye then no ads can do the trick

Considering the Xbone version has been demoed extensively (multiplayer) and hasn't exactly garnered glowing impressions regarding visuals, I am not expecting much from either. Still I expect SP to look better than MP.

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/370894369404227584 (August 23 Tweet)

900p for PS4 and 720p for Xbone pretty much confirmed...
Maybe the surprise is Xbox One runs at 900p as well. :p He's a professional in the gaming industry who posts in a community filled with hardcore gamers in the known, expecting the PS4 to be MUCH, MUCH, better than Xbox One. It wouldn't be a surprise to the community if it was. The only surprise would be basically similar resolution and detail (with Xbox One maybe falling behind in the detail department slightly) or Xbox One being superior (unlikely).

Quick! Someone give me more straws! :p

lefantome

if the XBO version will be a lot better... I don't know, just ROTFL

and they I would need to know htf is that even possible.

Copenap

Hold on a min, they're comparing ps4 mp to xbone sp? Sp always looks better
Well, they're not relly comparing anything from what I get, they'll just upload the footage and it's up to the viewer to make this unequal comparison.

Shaddy

Neo Member
Maybe we'll be surprised because PS4 multiplayer will just look as good (or better) as/than
XBone singleplayer. ;)

Seriously... people here think that there is a remote chance that the XBO is the superior version? Come on...
I think it's possible that Xbone single player could look better than PS4 multiplayer.
Although I'd be surprised if it was the other way around, and he said we'd be surprised.

I played BF4 Xbone version and it definitely didn't look amazing, so my expectations are in check.

Vizzeh

Banned
Can someone logically reason out what this "surprise" is, if one is better than the other?

It surely is reasonable to suggest that its not the X1 better than the PS4...

only rational I can see is that the PS4 runs at 900p/1080p and X1 is at 720p.... and PS4 still looks better at a higher resolution...THAT would be a surprise to own the X1 on all fronts, (even though we know the hardware is capable - but for Dice to not give a feck and show up the X1 would be unreal)

Maybe when he says we'd be surprised at the difference, he means that even though the PS4 is showing the multiplayer portion, it still looks better than the single player portion on the XB1?

Eh.

Yep. I suspect the XB1 footage might be more visually appealing for just that reason. The SP in BF3 was dramatically more impressive looking than multiplayer but it was also completely on rails. :
So true..
Mp vs sp how lame. Why no mp footage from xbone ver? Very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom