• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

Keasar

I am tired of EA...all their bullshit with their marketing, DRM and exploiting develo~

Sea based battles returning to Battlefield 4? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU~

Dennis

Banned
"EA is the most evil game company in the world. Can't believe the SimCity debacle of Eternal Shame"

Three days later:

"omg jizz everywhere! Battlefield 4 woohoo awesome!"

demolitio

Can I Tomahawk missile a chopper by guiding it right into the target?

I'm curious to see how they approach this since modern day navies are so different than the 1942 days. Should be a challenge.

DesertFox

That'll be fun for sea combat to return. BF3's sea combat was incredibly lacking. Well to be honest it pretty much consisted of shooting at planes from the carrier AA guns - with the occasional shooting at infantry on the shore from them as well (Kharg island rush?)

Derrick01

Banned
Who could have guessed, lol.

I don't mind the land or air vehicles (although I can't fly them for shit, nor the helicopters in BC2) but sea stuff is a waste of time to me. Ships in general feel like that, like you won't ever see me taking a cruise somewhere.

Fysi

Neo Member
Umm... what? The rudders are most certainly in the rear.

By in front of, I mean in front of the propeller. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule with the rudder being behind the propeller, but they are still not to the side.

For example, the below.

Song_Type039_props.jpg

Theoris

Neo Member
Brilliant news, in BF 1942 the subs never had a first person view.. imagine if this vehicle allowed you to jump in and run around the small sub before entering the driving seat?

rac

Banned
Will it have server battles?

Better yet can we have flashlight battles? Can I throw dirt at other peoples screen?

demolitio

I just hope the trolling is kept to a minimum if you can actually drive the carriers again. Nothing worse than getting beached and having the enemy ground target able to destroy any vehicle before it takes off. It was funny a few times and then it got old quick, and that was back when trolling wasn't as prevalent...lol

rdrr gnr

is best for gameplay. I don't think the destruction is going to be hw limited on the PC and PS4.
But how easy is it to alter the calculations needed for destruction when the game is also being built for current consoles? It's not like destruction was better in the PC version of BF3. Wouldn't it fundamentally alter gameplay?

Mazdarati

Neo Member
By in front of, I mean in front of the propeller. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule with the rudder being behind the propeller, but they are still not to the side.

I can't see your image here at work, but if the sub is a twin prop, the rudder is in between the two...hence to the side of the propeller.
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying... :)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
"EA is the most evil game company in the world. Can't believe the SimCity debacle of Eternal Shame"

Three days later:

"omg jizz everywhere! Battlefield 4 woohoo awesome!"

It's DICE!

And the premium package has been an amazing deal

I really want to see some multiplayer maps, but I'm assuming we're gonna get nothing but campaign until e3. The gameplay can be brilliant, but if the maps are of BF3 quality, then I'm not interested.

Like naval battles couldn't be added to BF3? "Naval Superiority" Two fleets battle it out for control of vital shipping lanes - destroyers, subs, and carrier.

Would only require 4 new vehicle models, some minor coding, and a new map.

I want to get excited for BF4, but everything just screams expansion pack. Literally the exact same art style so far in the teasers.

This is a silly post. So basically every Assassins Creed or CoD this gen is an expansion pack? Or even Halo for that matter.

I just hope they increase the player count in light of the increased scale. BF3 on console does quite a good job of making it feel like more players are around than in actuality, but not sure how that'd work if you also include sea combat - could feel like a vast wasteland :[

one thing that worries me is that this is confirmed for the ps3/360 (along with the new generation) damn the old consoles holding back another battlefield :/

elyetis

We all know it actually mean that we will have a ship as a map, so we can have more infantry only battle in corridors.

Or that we will finaly have something as good as midway in bf1942. <3

Shady859

I just hope they increase the player count in light of the increased scale. BF3 on console does quite a good job of making it feel like more players are around than in actuality, but not sure how that'd work if you also include sea combat - could feel like a vast wasteland :[

This is where next gen consoles hopefully will shine being able to handle more players. I remember being sooooo hyped for 360 armored kill DLCs bigger maps then my first round I finished with highest score overall, 0 kills and 0 deaths. I just kept circling and capturing flags and moving along to the next. Sometimes i'd see enemies leaving the point but I'd drive my atv in slow, cap and move along. Boring as shit, someone on other team was doing the same all caps barely a couple kills. I wanted to message him to swap directions and circle other way. Lol

Flip side is PC which I just played about a month ago for the first time. Omg it's insane soooo much action. I'll probably end up on PC and console with BF4.

Top Bottom