• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flare we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.
Gas!Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime . . .
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud(
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori

Gonna be a real "fun" game.

RowdyReverb

It will be set in Future WWI.
An alternate timeline in which there were no world wars in the 20th century and the first one is fought in 2142. Nobody even knows how to fight because they've been at peace for so long and they need you, the player, a thawed marine frozen in ice 200 years earlier to teach them the ways of war.

Battlefield: Future WWI. Coming this fall.
Starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes

terrible

Banned
An alternate timeline in which there were no world wars in the 20th century and the first one is fought in 2142. Nobody even knows how to fight because they've been at peace for so long and they need you, the player, a thawed marine frozen in ice 200 years earlier to teach them the ways of war.

Battlefield: Future WWI. Coming this fall.
Starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes

That's the best worst idea I've ever heard for a video game. I'd play it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You know, in hindsight... the safety net of Battlefront money might have been the leverage they needed to justify taking a chance with BF5.

Then again BF5 was probably already pretty far along by then, so maybe not.

Idk... just surprised EA would allow them to pitch a change up when the fastball was printing money.

No doubt. Just hype.

Fuck me. I didn't get that into BF4 after sinking months and months into 3 because I purchased it about nine months after it came out so I always felt like I was behind the curve.

That will not happen here. I am so ready for this regardless of setting but you want to drop it in WWI for me? I want you inside of me now

wrongway

A return to WW2? WW1? Alternate history (steampunk/dieselpunk?) World War? hnnggg

Trying not to get my hopes up. Not having much luck. :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You know, in hindsight... the safety net of Battlefront money might have been the leverage they needed to justify taking a chance with BF5.

Then again BF5 was probably already pretty far along by then, so maybe not.

Idk... just surprised EA would allow them to pitch a change up when the fastball was printing money.

I'm guessing they felt more comfortable with Titanfall covering sci-fi shooters for this year and presumably DICE LA helming a modern day Battlefield for next year.

RoKKeR

A return to WW2? WW1? Alternate history (steampunk/dieselpunk?) World War? hnnggg

Trying not to get my hopes up. Not having much luck. :D
Alternate history WWI seems to be the leading guess. We will see but I would love to set what they could come up with using that setting.

Yeah, seriously don't get your hopes up about tomorrow.

From what a few tweets have voiced, it seems tomorrow they're just announcing invitations to the Battlefield 5 world premiere:

https://twitter.com/mashed8DE/status/725812507475083264

This could just be a banner, or even just the name. At best I'd expect a 30 second video teaser (probably CGI, with a gruff voiceover), announcing the name, time period, etc. with an actual gameplay reveal to follow on the event on May 6th:

Whatever Dice are showing, assuming the person and tweet is credible, the NDA for it will lift at 10am CST.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I've ignored this thread for too long. So this is actually happening?

Love me some battlefield. With the updated Frostbite? Holy shit.

If it's going to be like the WW1 of Sucker Punch I won't buy it..

I hope it's more like Turning Point. It's a terrible game, but its premise doesn't inject futuristic elements or non-humans into the mix. Instead its simply an alternate take on WW2 in which the US didn't get involved in it and the Nazi's were able to take over Europe and Japan was able to take over Asia. From there Germany is able to continue to develop advanced weaponry before eventually invading the US.

No doubt. Just hype.

Oh shit :D

Yeah, seriously don't get your hopes up about tomorrow.

From what a few tweets have voiced, it seems tomorrow they're just announcing invitations to the Battlefield 5 world premiere:

https://twitter.com/mashed8DE/status/725812507475083264

This could just be a banner, or even just the name. At best I'd expect a 30 second video teaser (probably CGI, with a gruff voiceover), announcing the name, time period, etc. with an actual gameplay reveal to follow on the event on May 6th:

Whatever Dice are showing, assuming the person and tweet is credible, the NDA for it will lift at 10am CST.

Z8hbhna.gif

Vetro

"Tired of this futuristic bullshit"

"Tired of this ww2 bullshit"

"Tired of this modern warfare bullshit."

"Tired of this futuristic bullshit"

The circle never ends.
I am also tired of the future.
Bring me D-Day from Medal of Honor again with the technique of today please. In BF6, of course.

I just hope the multiplayer "matchmaking" will be more similar to Battlefront than to Battlefield 4. I absolutely hate the custom server crap we have in BF4 with all those custom rule nonsense and shitty admins and always the same maps. This was one of the things that was much better in Battlefront. Just press "Play" and you are in a game with normal rules.

Gemüsepizza;202193115 said:
I just hope the multiplayer "matchmaking" will be more similar to Battlefront than to Battlefield 4. I absolutely hate the custom server crap we have in BF4 with all those custom rule nonsense and shitty admins and always the same maps. This was one of the things that was much better in Battlefront. Just press "Play" and you are in a game with normal rules.

So just play on DICE servers and ignore the custom ones. Custom SoS maps are a godsend for me.

Gemüsepizza;202193115 said:

Eerrrr
I think you mean custom servers, and I would agree with you. Server browser is a must.

So just play on DICE servers and ignore the custom ones. Custom SoS maps are a godsend for me.

Finding DICE servers is hard as hell at times. If they remove the server browser, it will be next to impossible. Speaking from a console point of view.

I feel that hitting Join Now should default to filling official DICE servers first and custom servers second cause at some point it almost became the opposite for me on BF3 and BF4 and it was one of the main reasons I stopped playing the game.

Top Bottom