• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

Woo-Fu

Banned
Gemüsepizza;202197767 said:
Initially, because it's a strong IP. But the game was received poorly, and servers on PC are already a wasteland.

Actually the game seemed to get a very warm reception to me. Unfortunately the MP wasn't compelling enough to keep playing the game when there are much more interesting/complex multiplayer games out there. Shallow multiplayer is how you have a game that is big for a few days on Twitch and then mostly forgotten.

None of which had anything whatsoever to do with it lacking a singleplayer campaign. If it had a singleplayer campaign we'd have played through it the first day and the servers would still be empty. It might have sold a handful more copies, but we're not in a position to judge whether or not that would have been "worth it" for the developer, are we?

In the case of Battlefield it clearly doesn't need a campaign to succeed, at least not as a main line BF title. Their campaigns are throwaway stuff you forget after the first day, some people don't even bother starting the campaign, much less finishing it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
First time i have seen anyone bemoan optional choice for server set up. I am pretty sure people, and especially pc gamers, view that as necessary basically for server-based multi.

There's no way to properly filter out the custom game settings for Battlefield, at least in the console server browser, so you get put on maps with absolutely ludicrous ticket counts and 64 players on any game type and mode that supports it even when it's not balanced or fun. Everyone just maxes out numbers instead of putting thought into the server settings. It's a real pain to be playing for over two hours on a single game of Conquest.

Whatever the game I hope they can achieve a perfect 60fps like they did with Star Wars Battlefront. I had to uninstall BF4 because I couldn't stand the low 50s high 40s framerate.

There's no way to properly filter out the custom game settings for Battlefield, at least in the console server browser, so you get put on maps with absolutely ludicrous ticket counts and 64 players on any game type and mode that supports it even when it's not balanced or fun. Everyone just maxes out numbers instead of putting thought into the server settings. It's a real pain to be playing for over two hours on a single game of Conquest.

You should be able to, you could on 4.

You had to type in the word DICE as a server option to only get official non custom servers.

Evil Beaver

"NDA lifted" = YouTubers posting 5+ minute videos saying absolutely nothing except that the reveal will be on May 6th.

I got honeydicked hard.... :'(

Phyla

Could anybody tell me why retailers are provided
with this sort of information months ahead of a public reveal? It seems to me that webshops and digital distribution could suffice with access to information just weeks or perhaps days in advance. Even brick and mortar stores don't need physical marketing products like posters lying around in their stockroom that long. Just strikes me as odd because I think it's pretty likely that your much hyped game reveal will be leaked if you spread these things to big international companies months in advance.

Top Bottom