• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

DyersEve

Has anyone been able to get into a game on the 360 version? I have been trying since Friday and every time I try to get into any of the maps it just says no games available.

I did a search, I didn't find anything.

So. There seems to be a problem with EA servers right now : for several days, all I have had while trying to play BC2 is a 'Failed to login soldier' message. It's doesn't seem to affect all BC2 palyers, there may be a workaround if you can generate a new soldier, but the situation seems murky and EA hasn't expressed itself on the matter - which, I believe, send a really bad signal just before BF4's launch.
Do somebody know what it's going on ?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I did a search, I didn't find anything.

So. There seems to be a problem with EA servers right now : for several days, all I have had while trying to play BC2 is a 'Failed to login soldier' message. It's doesn't seem to affect all BC2 palyers, there may be a workaround if you can generate a new soldier, but the situation seems murky and EA hasn't expressed itself on the matter - which, I believe, send a really bad signal just before BF4's launch.
Do somebody know what it's going on ?

Wont authenticate any name with capital letters.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Woah, really? I guess I should boot up BC2 and check myself since I think I have a capital letter in my name.

TheSeks

Oh wow. Even having one capital in your soldiers name won't let you login.

Nice going, EA. :/ Guess I'll play BF2 and BF2142 then...

I had to create a new lvl1 soldier and it works. Still a pain as I have to redo all my level-up; I feel sorry for people who have lost thousands hours of MP progression this way.

See the thread on Steam :
http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/864979455250929341/#p15
Explanations varies from 'there has been a fire in the servers room' to 'EA (or Dice) decided to purge accounts to make some room for BF3 and BF4 accounts'.
Apparently, we still haven't had an official statement from EA about the situation.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I had to create a new lvl1 soldier and it works. Still a pain as I have to redo all my level-up; I feel sorry for people who have lost thousands hours of MP progression this way.

See the thread on Steam :
http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/864979455250929341/#p15
Explanations varies from 'there has been a fire in the servers room' to 'EA (or Dice) decided to purge accounts to make some room for BF3 and BF4 accounts'.
Apparently, we still haven't had an official statement from EA about the situation.
People with all lowercase in their username are still level 50 or whatever. It seems unlikely that EA stored all lowercase names in a different server room. Seems like some kind of logic failure, hopefully one that didn't delete accounts, just is making them inaccessible.

EA, always a comedy goldmine :)

For the time being, they are just beginning to publicly admit the existence of the problem. Probably not a good sign of seeing it resolved quickly, though.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is currently experiencing login server problems.

This is restricting the ability for players to log-in to their soldiers, and delivering the error message "Failed to login Soldier" when trying.

Players can attempt to create a new soldier to bypass this error and play, however they will lose their progress and have to start over.
Note, if attempting this workaround, use only lowercase letters when naming your soldier.

Rest assured we're doing everything we can to get things back on track and will provide updates as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience while we make our adjustments.

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-bad-company-2-experiencing-login-problems

Fonz72

So, BattlefieldGAF, I would appreciate some help. I have 2 destruction 2.0 kills left to get in Bad Company 2 on PS3 to get my last online trophy. I have been having a hell of a time getting them as the servers are almost dead.

Would a group be willing to help me boost the trophy?

I also posted this in BF3 Console thread for better visibility.

After playing the PS3 Beta for BF4, a few of my friends and I decided to go back and play this to see if it was just nostalgia and looking at the past through rise-coloured glasses that made us all feel that BFBC2 was far superior to the BF games that followed it.

Nope. This game is absolutely fantastic, and playing it back to back with the BF4 Beta only highlighted what a superior experience BFBC2 is. We're playing most nights again just like the heydays, although we only tend to find full 24 player matches over the weekends. It doesn't matter, even half full this game is the best MP experience you can have on current gen consoles :)

Burt

This isn't a necrobump. This is a reminder that this is the best Battlefield game out there, that it's only a dollar on Origin right now, that the PC community is still kicking, and that you should all totally buy this game 30 times instead of wasting your time with Battlefield 4.

hitgirl

Games with gold on xbox 360. Seems like there's a good chance full matches will be run online. Is the old band getting back together for some good old BF BC2 fun?

TheSeks

I'm trying so hard to get back into the first, let alone the second. The first is terribly difficult.

The controls in the first are so stupid.

They aren't that bad. It's L2 for like gadgets and R2 for primary and self-injector or other gadget for non-Assaults.

Then there's no select smashing to spot. So you just ADS and fire at folks to auto-spot them.

I'm trying so hard to get back into the first, let alone the second. The first is terribly difficult.

The controls in the first are so stupid.
BFBC2 was a massive jump over BFBC1 in my opinion. I know people love the more expansive maps of BFBC1, but the core gameplay elements were still pretty wonky in my opinion. BFBC2 was a tour-de-force in comparison.

They aren't that bad. It's L2 for like gadgets and R2 for primary and self-injector or other gadget for non-Assaults.

Then there's no select smashing to spot. So you just ADS and fire at folks to auto-spot them.
Holding L3 to run sucks and Triangle for Knife confuses me i have no idea why.

Nice to see people still playing the game though.

SliChillax

Holy shit I just reinstalled this game on PC after 4 years and I had so much fun. There is something about this game, something special. Maybe it's the memories that I have or I don't know but I haven't enjoyed playing a multiplayer game this much in years. I usually suck at fps shooters online but I was dominating in rush for 4 rounds straight. Anyone still play?

Top Bottom