• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Darkshier said:
I think you should spend the next two months making that thread. It is the only way.

PS3GAF/Seks' Livejournal BF3 thread |OT| A thread two months in the making.

This is the thread. This is where you post stories/battlerecorder (LOLOLOL will this ever come out?) videos.

Battlelog account-PSN id list:

>>list goes here<<

No, there are no fucking fancy banners. You want that go to >>BF3 |OT|<< or pick up a magazine (no, not the ammo version).

Also all of you suck and need to learn how to play the game as a team. Toodles!
---

There's your thread. I can post it 12/25/11.

Edit edit: DREAM-Y: Orlando 2:50 P.M. Arrival Scan <---:eek:oooo! Should be in town around 2-3 hours depending on how fast they process and move it. >_>

TheSeks said:
PS3GAF/Seks' Livejournal BF3 thread |OT| A thread two months in the making.

This is the thread. This is where you post stories/battlerecorder (LOLOLOL will this ever come out?) videos.

Battlelog account-PSN id list:

>>list goes here<<

No, there are no fucking fancy banners. You want that go to >>BF3 |OT|<< or pick up a magazine (no, not the ammo version).

Also all of you suck and need to learn how to play the game as a team. Toodles!

---

There's your thread. I can post it 12/25/11.
Flawless Victory.

TheSeks

Darkshier said:
Flawless Victory.

:lol I can post that in the 360 and PC thread as well. There was times where I'm sneaking behind enemy lines on BC2 and I'm in and sitting there for like five minutes while my squad spawns at base and I die and I'm like "THANKS GUYS! >:|" at my monitor. I'm sure I'd say the same thing on 360/PC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Here I just did this in paint real quick... someone can get more fancy (or funny) if they want.

lzm5S.gif

TheSeks said:
Edit edit: DREAM-Y: Orlando 2:50 P.M. Arrival Scan <---:eek:oooo! Should be in town around 2-3 hours depending on how fast they process and move it. >_>

In your dreams.

I purposedly waited on the purchase so that the system will arrive on the exact same day as the game would arrive - the 25th.

You know, to maximize the torture.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
In your dreams.

I purposedly waited on the purchase so that the system will arrive on the exact same day as the game would arrive - the 25th.

You know, to maximize the torture.

Nope. It really depends on the speed of UPS. Hell, if I had the gas and time I could probably go pick it up today in Orlando before it even got here.

:lol @ torture. I know what you mean. ;_;

Evolved1

It's wider than the OT banner.

I will agree it kinda sucks though lol.

Evolved1

Edit... also... we should compile a list of protips during the first couple weeks. A noob guide. Not terribly fond of the tips in the OT.

Our community tips and tricks guide that Shrubs put together for the last thread was way better.

actual edit: lol i double posted trying to edit... im bad at computers.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
It's wider than the OT banner.

I will agree it kinda sucks though lol.

You should put "Going to PC?" on the helmet/goggles and Seks under the dude.

"360GAF not pictured" over on the right near the border and an arrow pointing off.

;) ;)

I don't endorse this.

>>Tips in OT<<

They're not even "tips" they're basic common sense. Hell, the whole OP is badly researched (LOLOL BC2 IS THE FIRST FROSTBITE GAME!) and typoed. Terrible terrible OP for "two months of work" on it.

Evolved1

Anyone up for a final BC2 match?

I'm gonna jump on in a few mins and play for a little while. Then I'll sleep a bit before midnight BF3 launch. Have an early class tomorrow and don't want to be too tired for it, but I'm playing some BF3 tonight.

Evolved1 said:
Anyone up for a final BC2 match?

I'm gonna jump on in a few mins and play for a little while. Then I'll sleep a bit before midnight BF3 launch. Have an early class tomorrow and don't want to be too tired for it, but I'm playing some BF3 tonight.
i'm about to play until around 10, then get ready for DAT MIDNIGHT LAUNCH

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
i'm about to play until around 10, then get ready for DAT MIDNIGHT LAUNCH

I'm excited. I was so done with this damn game after the beta. Just disgusted. And then I saw actual battlefield maps.

And then I saw the choppers. 0_o

They look fucking awesome. So fast!

Evolved1 said:
I'm excited. I was so done with this damn game after the beta. Just disgusted. And then I saw actual battlefield maps.

I'm waiting for it in the mail tomorrow.
If you're going to do bc2 I'll jump on. Otherwise I'm studying.

oh my poor life.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
I'm waiting for it in the mail tomorrow.
If you're going to do bc2 I'll jump on. Otherwise I'm studying.

oh my poor life.

10 - 15 mins. gotta eat something first.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Dude, I'm not getting home for another hour or two (6PM EST)

Some of us have work u knowz.

And you should study as well so you can be my supplier. >_>

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Dude, I'm not getting home for another hour or two (6PM EST)

Some of us have work u knowz.

haha... i'll try and play for a while as long as it's not too laggy.

CatPee

Evolved1 said:

Hahaha, I had a gut feeling you'd come around.

My copy should get here from Ammy tomorrow. Maximum hype <3.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
So are we making the thread or not?

I think we should...

Any word yet if the clan from the beta is still valid? Because if it's not, I nominate you Dream to create a new one! :)

Evolved1

People are posting spoilers all over the place in the OT so I'm not going in there any more... make the thread Dream!

Evolved1

Well I'm off to pick up the game... see some of you guys tomorrow! And hopefully a new thread!

TheSeks said:
Oh, hi. I posteded in your threadz. Did I ruin your OPz? :3

Also it's still in Orlando. Fail, UPS. FAIL. I'm only two hours from there. WTF.

I told ya.
I made it so it'll arrive exactly on the 25th.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I told ya.
I made it so it'll arrive exactly on the 25th.

There's no way you did that. No. Way. Unless you told them draw a Pony or something on the box to troll me when I get it as well.

JJD

TheSeks said:
Oh, hi. I posteded in your threadz. Did I ruin your OPz? :3

Also it's still in Orlando. Fail, UPS. FAIL. I'm only two hours from there. WTF.

Don't worry Seks, I bet you'll be playing it before me... :-(

Evolved1

It's 221 MB on PS3. I'm at 50%

hurrrrryyyyy upppp!!!!!!!!!

Funny story: about 50-60 people in line for the midnight launch (we have three other gamestops in close proximity too) and 'd say about 90% of them were toolbags and/or embarrassingly gross. Most of them bought the 360 version.

Erasus

Sorry for bumb but I got inot this again because BF3 runs like dogpoop. I max this at 1080p and its still an amazing game. Loads of servers with players on PC, faster gameplay than BF3, its more fun imo

Anyone else feel the same?

OG Kush

Sorry for bumb but I got inot this again because BF3 runs like dogpoop. I max this at 1080p and its still an amazing game. Loads of servers with players on PC, faster gameplay than BF3, its more fun imo

Anyone else feel the same?

Oh for sure, been palyin BC 2 on 360 this past few days. Quite empty but still some good games. One thing that is so prelevant is how much better the BC2 maps are than BF3, and thats not even saying much. I also appreciate the fact that you can take a few more bullets in BC2. You die way to fast in BF3. Some people prefer this but it changes the whole pace and feel of the game. Its too much like call of battlefield now.

Oh for sure, been palyin BC 2 on 360 this past few days. Quite empty but still some good games. One thing that is so prelevant is how much better the BC2 maps are than BF3, and thats not even saying much. I also appreciate the fact that you can take a few more bullets in BC2. You die way to fast in BF3. Some people prefer this but it changes the whole pace and feel of the game. Its too much like call of battlefield now.
just sad to watch my buddy play my bc2 360 copy and soo many low player count matches, I just cannot believe how few people play it. hell you prolly played my buddy sometime in the last couple days. Random generated gamertag is soiled manatee1 haha

I bought this game for PC awhile back and every time I've tried to play it I can't find any games what so ever. Someone suggested to me that I might need to open some ports. Does anyone have any idea?

MMaRsu

Banned
Hey guys I just bought this again for 7 euro's! Sweet deal.. anybody wanna squad up on 360? GT = MMaRsu NL, send me a msg so I can free a spot.

meppi

For some reason when going back to BC2, I'm still having more fun than when I'm playing BF3. Even if it's harder to find a full server.

The game just feels more streamlined and well thought out and doesn't have the "let's dump everything those other guys are doing into our game to make it appeal to as many people as possible" design to it.

Also motion balls, fucking motion balls!
Those little tripods are worthless in comparison.

MMaRsu

Banned
For some reason when going back to BC2, I'm still having more fun than when I'm playing BF3. Even if it's harder to find a full server.

The game just feels more streamlined and well thought out and doesn't have the "let's dump everything those other guys are doing into our game to make it appeal to as many people as possible" design to it.

Also motion balls, fucking motion balls!
Those little tripods are worthless in comparison.

I only played the beta for Battlefield 3 so my opinion isnt worth much, but if you buy BC2 now you get such a big amount of content, I'm wondering if I should maybe buy Vietnam as well if there are enough players.

MMaRsu

Banned
Sadly, on 360, I rarely get in to a Vietnam game with more than 8 players. If the game had a server browser I'd still play it.

Damn that's sad. Why the drop off for that game when Call of Duty still has thousands of players in older games? I mean shit, BC2 is so much better than any CoD game out there ( yes I have MW3, borrowing it from a friend, it plays just like Mw2 in my opinion, wtf is new? )

Top Bottom