• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
Seks - I'm expecting some exciting "OMG A BRAND NEW ETCH A SKETCH OMG OMG OMG" video from you, k?

What, I have to upload this to Youtube as "AN APPLE iPadDDDDDDDDDDD" kid?

AbuC said:
I should have a new PS3 next month, sucks that I will likely lose all my saves.

Get the old one fixed and when it returns check to see if the saves are still there. Then send the files over Ethernet (may take several hours) to your new one with that file transfer utility that isn't back-up or the cloud.

JJD

abuC said:
I should have a new PS3 next month

FUCK YES!!! Lol!

I just did the towel trick to get a couple more hours out of my PS3, then I uploaded all my saves to the PSN. If you're willing to spend a couple bucks on Plus, I think it's worth it. Didn't take me more than 15 minutes to get all my stuff.

JJD

Jesus Christ...you need 10.000 kills to platinum a weapon on BF3...good luck getting there guys!

Edit: And you need 350 kills to get all the unlocks for each weapon...

JJD said:
Jesus Christ...you need 10.000 kills to platinum a weapon on BF3...good luck getting there guys!

Yeah and then 10 month later they'll release an all unlocks dlc for 20 bucks.

TIME WASTED

deano469

Neo Member
Is there something going on with the servers for BFBC2 at the moment or has everybody just stopped playing it? Tried playing last night, first 4 games i joined i was the only player on the team and when i did eventually get a game with more players it was 4v4. Looking back, the past week or so i haven't managed to get into 1 full game.
I would have thought there were more people online getting practise in for when BF3 lands next week, not less.

deano469 said:
Is there something going on with the servers for BFBC2 at the moment or has everybody just stopped playing it? Tried playing last night, first 4 games i joined i was the only player on the team and when i did eventually get a game with more players it was 4v4. Looking back, the past week or so i haven't managed to get into 1 full game.
I would have thought there were more people online getting practise in for when BF3 lands next week, not less.

Alot of people are having that problem.

I'm actually liking it, cause now I can finally have a private game to optimize my kbm settings lol.

deano469

Neo Member
Must be the quiet before the storm, its nice being able to fly round in a chopper for more than 30 seconds without getting shot down but it does make for a dull game.

JJD said:

aaannnddd looks like that's my goal.

deano469 said:
i dunno what's up with BC2 lately... many people having connection issues the past few weeks... but 1943 servers were full when i played!

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
Alot of people are having that problem.

I'm actually liking it, cause now I can finally have a private game to optimize my kbm settings lol.

You're going kbm with the PS3? Which one are you using? How you're adapting? Do you think it's worth it?

deano469

Neo Member
Didn't realise you could use kbm, a mate has a FragFX Shark and although its good for infantry, i find it a bit awkward to use for vehicles due to the sensitivity not being high enough.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
TIME WASTED

You say that like it's a bad thing. But I'll be one of the motherfuckers with a platinum in IDKMYBFFAN-94's.

JJD said:
You're going kbm with the PS3? Which one are you using? How you're adapting? Do you think it's worth it?

No. I have a gaming pc and I'm double dipping on pc/ps3.
However, I'm more use to old run and gun style FPS (ex: UT, quake, half life, etc) on the PC.
So I'm not all that comfortable with modern style fps, where there's usually a whole bunch more buttons to assign (not to mention totally different controls for vehicle.)

Right now I'm testing out a bunch of macros to assign for bf3
(ex: pc does not have a button for instant swap betwen pistol <->rifle, no button to just rotate through vehicle seats, etc.)

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Right now I'm testing out a bunch of macros to assign for bf3
(ex: pc does not have a button for instant swap betwen pistol <->rifle, no button to just rotate through vehicle seats, etc.)

You can't just set 12 to be bound to E? Seats in Battlefield are F# keys, at least the ones I've played. Which are a bit clunky, but reasonable given it's a KEYBOARD, you know?

That's my biggest fear coming back to PC: TOO MANY KEYS FOR THINGS THAT ARE SIMPLIFIED ON CONSOLES. I just want "here is the multi-use button, here is the tool left-right button, here is the weapon quick swap key. There's your mouse for aiming. WASD, FINAL DESTINATION."

olimpia84

JJD said:

Yikes. Oh well, if that applied to BC2 I'd still have one platinum star (USAS 12; 12,000+ kills)
:p

JJD said:
I thought XIM3 was only availiable for the 360...
I'm still on the fence about buying a gaming PC, depending on the price of XIM3, and if I manage to adapt to kbm it might make my decision easier.
it's not officially supported, but people use 360 -> PS3 controller adapters

lionelhutz said:
Are people still having problems connecting to the EA servers? I tried the 360 version the other day and couldn't connect.
I've had a few "failure to connect to EA Online" nights recently, including last night. It really pisses me off and sours me on any EA purchase. It doesn't help that on those nights, the friends I regularly play with all have stellar stats. For a multi-billion dollar profit company, EA sure is stingy with their servers. And none of the supposed fixes (date change, cache clearing, even port forwarding) works reliably and is probably just coincidence when it does.

daviyoung said:
Up on mousewheel and down on mousewheel.
I know but that still isn't as convenient as a one touch button to me.
(one butonn -> 1/2 -> mousewheel up down)

besides, that's not a major issue - just giving an example.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone having problems launching the Steam version of BC2?

When I go to play I get an error message "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

How do I fix this? I looked on the Steam Forum for the game but I don't see anything posted about it.

U2NUMB

So are the servers down on the 360? First time trying to play in a couple months and it spins for a min and then gives up. No error or anything.

meppi

Well you know you're doing something right when kids send you hate mail I guess.

Something about where I got that aim-bot.
To which I simply replied: no aim-bot, just lots of practice.
Got "yeah sure" as a reply.

After killing the guy a couple more time apparently, he told me I should get a friend.

Replied in a friendly matter that I prefer girls actually, but that I wanted to thank him for the offer.

Then I got something about doing something worthwhile with my life or something and imaginary girls, yadda yadda yadda.

Guess he wanted my dog tag bad enough to come running up to me from the back a couple of times, but that didn't work out for him so well.

He leaves and I get a friend request from him. lol
With the message "we won"....

Guess I shouldn't have been reading messages and typing throughout the game as we probably would have won relatively easy. Just being dumb...

And now it's all over. G3 platinum and I'm officially finished with Battlefield Bad Company 2. I was even nice enough to send the last person I killed a message congratulating him on being my final kill, which I'm sure none of you even did :p. Even did the same thing for the last person I teamkilled lol. He had it coming though, not doing shit while the objective was charged and managed to kill me while I was trying to kill an enemy. Should have Gustav'd his ass, but oh well. A teamkill is a teamkill

I'll post my final stats later

EDIT: My final BFBC2 stats

TheSeks

JJD said:
Dream already sent you your welcome back package? :)

Yeah, but it's still stuck in his shipping homestate. UPS not doing red-eye flights that would take maybe two hours to get to me... *shakes fist*

Please to be PC so I don't have to run to Gamestop on Tuesday and beg and pleade with them to change my pre-order back to PS3. >_> Though I won't look a gift horse in the mouth and accept either and am just thankful and glad you guys are doing me a huge favor and gift.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, but it's still stuck in his shipping homestate. UPS not doing red-eye flights that would take maybe two hours to get to me... *shakes fist*

Please to be PC so I don't have to run to Gamestop on Tuesday and beg and pleade with them to change my pre-order back to PS3. >_> Though I won't look a gift horse in the mouth and accept either and am just thankful and glad you guys are doing me a huge favor and gift.
it's GameStop dude, they can change it at will.

if you don't feel like arguing, you can even be like

"i'm here to pick up BF3"

*guy checks info, gets game*

"whoa, i preordered the PS3 version , what's that?"

*guy says some crap*

"well, i dunno what to say. i need either the PS3 version or a refund"

*guy switches preorder to PS3 because a refund on a preorder is a negative on his record*

assuming that's even an issue...

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
it's GameStop dude, they can change it at will.

if you don't feel like arguing, you can even be like

"i'm here to pick up BF3"

*guy checks info, gets game*

"whoa, i preordered the PS3 version , what's that?"

*guy says some crap*

"well, i dunno what to say. i need either the PS3 version or a refund"

*guy switches preorder to PS3 because a refund on a preorder is a negative on his record*

assuming that's even an issue...

:lol I already changed it once when my PS3 died (pre-ordered before that, obviously) and just haven't been assed to go pay in full yet.

No_Style

ps3_NoStyle.png

Final stats for BC2. Didn't quite make it to 50 like the lot of ya, but that's ok. If I have half the amount of epic matches in BF3 as I did in BC2, then I'll be more than happy.

I have a feeling I'll be rocking Engineer a lot in BF3 as well. I'm going to miss that power drill!

P.S - I couldn't get my profile to load right with the big graphic you guys were using. It always pulled up this other nostyle PC player.

JJD

meppi said:
Well you know you're doing something right when kids send you hate mail I guess.

Lol! Some months back I posted one hate mail a jerk sent me, and a couple weeks later I received 3 messages from the same guy, using his real name saying how I fucked up his life, and he couldn't play anymore because 400 people were harassing him after I posted his message on my "blog" (yeah Gaf is my blog now!), and how Sony and his "legal team" were cooperating to localize and identify me! Bwahahahaha...I love hate mail man!

TheSeks said:

So it's a PC then? That's cool, I'm glad you will be playing BF3, even if you're not going to be raging at us on PS3 land! :)
I was hoping you would get a PS3! Lol!

When things are better and you finally land a job do not forget to grab a PS3 and steamroll a little with old squadmates!
And play some sweet console exclusives too!

Dude...
>>>SEKS: GO CANCEL YOUR GAMESTOP PREORDER<<<

Reason (don't read if you don't want your "surprised" to be ruined):
We didn't get that munch money for a PC.
So it's just a PS3 system

We've got you a copy of the game also.

I just don't have the tracking for that yet since it hasn't shipped yet (Release day delivery)

299 PS3, Infamous 2 + BF3

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Dude...
>>>SEKS: GO CANCEL YOUR GAMESTOP PREORDER<<<

D:

But I already paid half of it off with Modern Warfail 2. >_>

I guess I'll just hold onto the PC version for later then.

Extra spoiler:
Though, I'm pissed my save files are still on the other PS3 and so is my Portal 2 disc. So I can't do co-op with you, Dream-y. >_> Hopefully I pass that exam so I can pay you back and fix that old PS3 to move the files over to this one. >_>

Hurray???

Spoiler:
I assume that's the bundle he bought with you guys' money for me? Guess I'll find out later

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im moving tomorrow so i wont have internet for a while.
Oh well Single Player here i come.

I am retired from BC2. Loved this game soooo much, put in ~518 hours, which is mind-boggling to me. Reached level 47 and had 4.6 million points on the 360. Scored 39K points last night, my 4th highest. It would take me about 88 more hours to reach 50, though if I'd played smarter from the beginning I'd have gotten there. I had a bad period from November to January where I backslid almost 600 deaths (although my score-per-minute for some reason went up). I was very happy to eventually get my K/D up to 1.05 (18246 kills and 17,356 deaths), and got all the classes except for medic above 1.0. I haven't had a negative k/d in 43 sessions of play. Earned almost all the pins and insignias. Platinumed 5 guns. Can't wait for BF3!

TheSeks

adamsappel said:
I am retired from BC2. Reached level 47 and had 4.6 million points on the 360.

Does not compute. You aren't done yet, soldier. Get back on that horse and finish up the last 3 levels TONIGHT. You can easily do it medic spamming.

Heh. I've been promising/threatening my regular squadmates that I'd be whoring the medic class and reviving them in the middle of firefights for those easy medic points. But, there's no way I'm earning ~800,000 points before Tuesday. Besides, I need to save something for those nights when I get nostalgic. No regrets, I served Bad Company 2 honorably!

What's the link to the GAF BFBCS.com leaderboard?

olimpia84

Those rankings don't make any sense. Last time I checked them I was among the last people in the list and now all of the sudden I'm in the top 10 (without me changing the style/way I play at all). Unless they provide a detailed description of how they calculate the skill level, it's completely useless.

Top Bottom