• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

JJD

olimpia84 said:
Those rankings don't make any sense. Last time I checked them I was among the last people in the list and now all of the sudden I'm in the top 10 (without me changing the style/way I play at all). Unless they provide a detailed description of how they calculate the skill level, it's completely useless.

Well you were always on my top 10, so i never understood why you didn't rank higher. You're a great, great conquest player.

I'm ashamed to have never gotten to lvl. 50 :(
http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/MarvelAssassin
ps3_MarvelAssassin.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been playing a little BC2 sporadically the last few days. And I realize that my main gripe with this game, and probably the thing I hated most about the beta besides the control issue, is that infantry maps are a drag. I get some people like them, but I hate them. I turn the game off every time they come up. Maybe I can stomach one round, but after that I look at the clock and think of all the actually productive things I could be doing with my time. It would be different if I could filter out the shitty infantry maps. But we don't have this extremely basic option in BC2.

Can we filter out infantry maps in BC3? If so I'd consider getting the game, because I do really enjoy playing with PS3GAF... but I have to have the option to filter out the garabe COD-wannabe-but-cantbe maps like Metro.

This is the deciding factor.

JJD

Evolved1 said:
I've been playing a little BC2 sporadically the last few days. And I realize that my main gripe with this game, and probably the thing I hated most about the beta besides the control issue, is that infantry maps are a drag. I get some people like them, but I hate them. I turn the game off every time they come up. Maybe I can stomach one round, but after that I look at the clock and think of all the actually productive things I could be doing with my time. It would be different if I could filter out the shitty infantry maps. But we don't have this extremely basic option in BC2.

Can we filter out infantry maps in BC3? If so I'd consider getting the game, because I do really enjoy playing with PS3GAF... but I have to have the option to filter out the garabe COD-wannabe-but-cantbe maps like Metro.

I believe you can on the server browser. Join the fun man!

Evolved1 said:

aww hell naw!

i love the Infantry maps, it's a nice change of pace and i <3 Nelson Bay deforestation!

in other news...

VQVwE.jpg

only half as awesome as the last time...

"Are you also interested in Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3?"
*laughs* "oh no."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
only half as awesome as the last time...

At least it's the PC version so I have motivation to get the PC version, right? RIGHT!?

Evolved1 said:

the server browser shows the map rotation on the server, but i have no idea if they'll actually have servers with a non-infantry map or infantry-only rotations.

TheSeks said:
At least it's the PC version so I have motivation to get the PC version, right? RIGHT!?
san roku maru.

i don't think i can play BF3 on this

TheSeks

From the leaked server browser movie, there is a filter for "softcore, hardcore... infantry only." IIRC.

olimpia84

JJD said:
Well you were always on my top 10, so i never understood why you didn't rank higher. You're a great, great conquest player.

Thanks, Conquest is my specialty. Did you sort out you PS3 problem?

JJD

olimpia84 said:
Thanks, Conquest is my specialty. Did you sort out you PS3 problem?

Huh? My PS3 is fine! I just stopped playing BC2 a little early as my backlog is freaking huge right now, and as soon as BF3 releases I probably won't be playing anything else!

Anyone knows if the clan created for the Beta is still valid for the full release? If it's not, I really think Dreamgazer should create one for the PS3 players!

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
From the leaked server browser movie, there is a filter for "softcore, hardcore... infantry only." IIRC.

So basically, the one option I actually want isn't there. Typical.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
So basically, the one option I actually want isn't there. Typical.

I'm sure you'll be able to create/rent a server with the rotation you want. If you're that bitchy about it, don't buy it yet and I'll honestly tell you how well the console server browser is since I bitched endless in this thread about it + Magnum Ammo + anti-air options (+text chat on consoles. Why don't you listen to my deaf ass all the way DICE? ;__;), which DICE listened to. So it's at least a start.

olimpia84

JJD said:
Huh? My PS3 is fine! I just stopped playing BC2 a little early as my backlog is freaking huge right now, and as soon as BF3 releases I probably won't be playing anything else!

Anyone knows if the clan created for the Beta is still valid for the full release? If it's not, I really think Dreamgazer should create one for the PS3 players!

I thought your PS3 went down as well, good to hear everything is good.

Haven't played BC2 in a while (or my 360 for that matter), but I'll see you at Battlefield 3 b*tches! ;)

Final Stats

360_HollovVpo1nt.png

Edit: Nah they won't be my final stats, I love BC2 :)

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Well, are we still on the stance that a console seperate thread need not to be made?

I don't think there needs to be. Unless PCGAF gets annoyed by me calling you all stupid and to follow my directions? :lol

Phatcorns

Also having the server problems. I was able to play just fine yesterday and it's a not go today. Really frustrating. I really want to play and every other day it doesn't work!

Evolved1

Played some matches with Rock and Olimpia today.... we won some games we had no business pulling off. :)

Lots of fun.

JJD

abuC said:
You know, I never really got any hate mail, maybe 1 or 2 messages in the last year I've played.

That's strange, if there's anybody that should get lots of hate mail it's you!

meppi

Dreamgazer said:
Well, are we still on the stance that a console seperate thread need not to be made?
I'm all for a console specific thread actually.

Oh and as always, I will ignore every single order sekoku gives me, and will revive him 16 times in a row when he's lying in the middle of an intersection, surrounded by enemy troops.

TheSeks

meppi said:
Oh and as always, I will ignore every single order sekoku gives me, and will revive him 16 times in a row when he's lying in the middle of an intersection, surrounded by enemy troops.

Ah, but I can tell you to fuck off and respawn at base now! WHERE IS YOUR POINTS GOD NOW!?

AbuC said:
You know, I never really got any hate mail, maybe 1 or 2 messages in the last year I've played.

I don't recall getting any hate mail other than blackhawk landing near the second base of Ilsa Innocentes (the fall two blackhawk map, can you tell how long it's been that I can't remember the names of the maps still!?) and spraying everywhere with the blackhawk's sidegun to get a "dude, come on... :(" message. But dude, I WAS FUCKING OBVIOUS and you dudes were busy with non-GAF IIRC arming the crates while I sprayed A to collapse it and hold you off B. You could've RPG'ed the damn thing while I was busy easily.

Otherwise I did send "dongoofed" a "You could say... [you]DonGoofed trying to steal our chopper?" message when I had to play Base Police on Atacama Conquest.

JJD said:
That's strange, if there's anybody that should get lots of hate mail it's you!

Ah, but they're in awe of his points generating machine. :p

Edit: Whoo~ Package left the shipping area after two days. FINALLY. Now if it reaches here same day I may cut the bullshit and go get it.

meppi

TheSeks said:
Ah, but I can tell you to fuck off and respawn at base now! WHERE IS YOUR POINTS GOD NOW!?
I think not. Not as long as I have the ability to choose my own damn squad.

Still scared of people taking away your kills I see. :p
"Everyone stay behind me and only get the ones that slip past me." lol

TheSeks

meppi said:
Still scared of people taking away your kills I see. :p
"Everyone stay behind me and only get the ones that slip past me." lol

I need those kills to unlock and rank up faster, solider. Due to the BFDA, I get priority in getting kills. :p

>>Medic<<

If choosing not to get up is squad only that's the biggest fuck up DICE did so far. There is no way in hell I'm going to stand in bullet hell like I did for BC2. NO. WAY.

meppi

TheSeks said:
If choosing not to get up is squad only that's the biggest fuck up DICE did so far. There is no way in hell I'm going to stand in bullet hell like I did for BC2. NO. WAY.
Ah, misread that part. You shouldn't worry about it then.

TheSeks

meppi said:
Ah, misread that part. You shouldn't worry about it then.

You can stay out of my squad for all I give a shit. Just stop humping my dead body with those needles. D:

meppi

olimpia84 said:
I hope they make separate threads too, one for consoles and the other for PC but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Well it would be more than a little retarded if we weren't allowed to make one since the other one says "PC Community Meetup" both in the title and graphics. :-/

TheSeks

meppi said:
Well it would be more than a little retarded if we weren't allowed to make one since the other one says "PC Community Meetup" both in the title and graphics. :-/

Does it really matter? The whole "LOL PC/CONSOLE WAR" shit pisses me off. Play the fuck you want to play. Make a spreadsheet for the platforms any other posts there is stories and the like. God.

meppi

Personally I don't give a shit about PC vs Consoles. What does annoy me is the whole superiority complex a large part of those guys have going on.

As for separate threads, it's purely out of convenience and would also cut out hundreds of post of "you on platform X?", after someone types "everyone add me: futtbucker69" and nothing more.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Does it really matter? The whole "LOL PC/CONSOLE WAR" shit pisses me off. Play the fuck you want to play. Make a spreadsheet for the platforms any other posts there is stories and the like. God.

I can't deal with (most) of the PC users here on GAF. They pretty much ruin every thread that relates a PC/console game with their superiority complex. Comfy couch FTW

Evolved1

I'd just rather see discussion about the game than page after page of shit about rigs or drivers or benchmarks, or whatever the hell else...

Evolved1

Fersis! Do the console community thread! Keep tradition alive!

Well, I don't think a seperate OT is needed, but we can probably make up a seperate community thread.

The only question left is who will make it.

(me? faceless? olimpia? ???)

edit: Oh nm, I see Faceless went ahead and started one for 360 only.

I'll make a "console community" thread when I get back home.

Evolved1

Whoever does it first...
or Fersis.

I will have this game tonight.

360 CT is done, you guys are on your own!

We can't keep the console community together? I though that worked well for BC2 with the exception of that one 360 guy who admitted he was a chopper whore who quit maps and jumped servers just to circle strafe. You guys can keep him.

Evolved1 said:
Whoever does it first...
or Fersis.

I will have this game tonight.

We can't keep the console community together? I though that worked well for BC2 with the exception of that one 360 guy who admitted he was a chopper whore who quit maps and jumped servers just to circle strafe. You guys can keep him.

Faceless made a gamertag collection thread.
I think those are fine. THey usually don't laste long and don't facilitate much discussion (we had those when bc2 came out too).

I'll make a console community thread when I get back home, unless faceless wants to do it - it'll be the official "chat" and also the unofficial PS3 thread.

TheSeks

CRIMINAL UPPER! (If I'm getting the reference)

Dreamgazer said:
I'll make a console community thread when I get back home, unless faceless wants to do it - it'll be the official "chat" and also the unofficial PS3 thread.

You mean my personal blog until I get a PC. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm not sure how the hell I'll manage hitting level 170(?) in BF3 on PS3 AND PC if I get a job, but I plan to do it. >_>

Once I pay you guys back it's a matter of fixing the PS3, finishing Portal 2's achievements after getting the damn disc out of my stuck drive, recovering my saves on the 60gig MGS4 PS3 and moving them to this new one and then getting a PC for Ass Creed 3/Brotherhood, TF2, Halo 2, BF3, etc. while reserving the PS3 for Street 3:3rd Strike and P4: Fighting game and U3 and the like.

Dreamgazer said:
Faceless made a gamertag collection thread.
I think those are fine. THey usually don't laste long and don't facilitate much discussion (we had those when bc2 came out too).

i nominate Fersis or someone else!

Edit: i nominate Sekoku

TheSeks

Edit: i nominate Sek

Oh, hell no. I bet you guys expect me to make fancy banners and shit for that. Fuck that, I'll stick with my text OP's at my digression.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
I can make a banner
in Paint

I can as well, but why do that when people won't read the OP more than once and only if the pages are less than 300 posts.

I nominate Seks for comedic value +1

"YOU ALL SUCK, I'M ONLY PLAYING THIS ON PS3 TILL I GET MONEY FOR SOME PC POWERZ *RAGEEEEE*" says Sekoku in Dream's imagination.

EDIT: whoever is in charge of the thread has to be in charge of updating the player list and stats also. I don't have a problem with Fersis, but it became hard to contact him later on.

Top Bottom