• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

I already got bored with the BF3 beta so I'm back full force to BC2. Been playing with meppi and Mancunian lately; hopefully I can plat another weapon before BF3 comes out.

meppi

olimpia84 said:
I already got bored with the BF3 beta so I'm back full force to BC2. Been playing with meppi and Mancunian lately; hopefully I can plat another weapon before BF3 comes out.
As long as we don't run into those annoying heli-whores again. ;)
We've been playing nothing but conquest lately as rush always seems to come down to lost of campers on the defense side. Heck sometimes even on the offensive side when you have a bunch of worthless players on.
Ran into a level 50 one like that yesterday. He couldn't play worth a damn. Such a weird sight.

Anyway, we should both be on every night this week between 10PM and 1AM CET as I don't have to work and he has the late shift. :)

If we really get bored or annoyed with a certain group of people or map, we log out and restart a Harvest Day conquest day since those tend to be the most fun.
Not sure if you like it as much as us. If so, just say so and I'll send out another request when we jump servers. ;)

Finished with all LMGs, now focusing my attention on the Thompson (Gold 5), and then the Saiga (Gold 3)

If I have enough time, I'll try to finish up the G3 as it has only one gold star instead of the USA12, also with one gold star

Gotta make the last 19 days counts

JJD

I don't know if you guys saw this already, but here's a youtube video of a BF3 Rush game on a new map, actually looking good on the PS3. I think there's still hope! I wonder why Dice did the Beta with an old build like that...most people I know didn't like it. And the map selection sucked! I played dozens of hours on Arica BC2 beta, and I still loved that map on the final release, I guess I'll just quit games as soon as Metro comes in rotation.

I still wish I had more time to play it and get used to the new controls...this past weeks I've barely played at all...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Another infantry map. awesome.

I actually get disgusted when I see BF3.

meppi

Well, there is at least one tank on the map. :-/

That being said, I tried going back to BF3 and hated every second of it. :(
Nothing but fucking campers laying on their bellies or one shot killing you, over and over again.
While I can't aim for shit thanks to the atrocious gun handling.

I don't know what the fuck it wrong with me.
I was able to learn the Killzone 2 controls after giving it a couple of hours and loved it to bits for it's incredible gunplay, yet I can't for the life of my get used to how the guns handle, not how the aiming works in BF3.
I even have trouble hitting a lying target with a X4 and in single burst mode when I'm not even under fire. It sucks, it just plain sucks. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JJD said:
I don't know if you guys saw this already, but here's a youtube video of a BF3 Rush game on a new map, actually looking good on the PS3.

Dude sucks at playing. DICE should send my deaf ass to the events if they want people to see actual gameplay. *snooty huff*

But DAT LIGHTING. Holy crap, is the lighting really dynamic on PS3?

CatPee

TheSeks said:
Dude sucks at playing. DICE should send my deaf ass to the events if they want people to see actual gameplay. *snooty huff*

But DAT LIGHTING. Holy crap, is the lighting really dynamic on PS3?

Combination of baked and dynamic, with most of it baked, I believe.

It's the source of the ridiculous screen tearing though, so I'm not to overly fond of it.

LEGGZZZZ

Been playing some Conquest on ps3, I finally understand the mode, gave another chance after hearing the orgasm over caspian border. Basically team deathmatch with objectives (capture the flags). Had a lot of fun in some public matches, seems way more dynamic/less linear than rush, so I can understand why people prefer it. I still think I prefer rush a little more, but we'll see if that changes with more play time. It's a great experience though alongside rush, will definitely be bouncing back between them both in BF3.

Bring on BF3!

LEGGZZZZ

meppi said:
Well, there is at least one tank on the map. :-/

That being said, I tried going back to BF3 and hated every second of it. :(
Nothing but fucking campers laying on their bellies or one shot killing you, over and over again.
While I can't aim for shit thanks to the atrocious gun handling.

I don't know what the fuck it wrong with me.
I was able to learn the Killzone 2 controls after giving it a couple of hours and loved it to bits for it's incredible gunplay, yet I can't for the life of my get used to how the guns handle, not how the aiming works in BF3.
I even have trouble hitting a lying target with a X4 and in single burst mode when I'm not even under fire. It sucks, it just plain sucks. :(

Damn hope it starts to grow on you man. It took a major adjustment when I first booted up the beta coming from BFBC2, but I'm glad I stuck with it, as I love the gunplay, and honestly think it's the best gunplay on console outside of the Killzone series. My main classes are the support (the machine guns make you feel like rambo) and the assault.

I would love to see way more vehicles than I'm seeing so far though, but again I guess that's mainly in conquest (I hope so). Still, would prefer rush maps more akin to Oasis and Harvest Day than metro. Love those maps (mainly Harvest Day).

I really do hope there is still going to be a Bad Company 3 though, seems like the next title their developing is going to be ME2 though (not a bad thing but still).

meppi

I really hope so too.
If they are able to tweak the controls a bit for the final release, then it may not be too hard to adjust. Guess I just remain hopeful.
Been through several different stages in the demo already.
At one point I felt like I was finally starting to adapt and get a great feel for the game, but for some strange reason I hated every second of it only a couple of days later. :-/

Not gonna play the beta any more, just to make sure it doesn't leave any more of a bad taste in my mouth for when I get my copy of the full game.
Perhaps bouncing between BC2 and BF3 beta is not helping, I just don't know.

As for BC3, DICE already commented that we can expect it in the future. :)
They did say that we shouldn't get our hopes up for a 2012 release though, as they aren't looking into making Battlefield a yearly thing. Which is something I'm fine with.
But it looks like they are planning on doing more things like Vietnam in the future, besides creating more content for BF3.

LEGGZZZZ

meppi said:
I really hope so too.
If they are able to tweak the controls a bit for the final release, then it may not be too hard to adjust. Guess I just remain hopeful.
At one point I felt like I was finally starting to adapt and get a great feel for the game, but for some strange reason I hated every second of it only a couple of days later. :-/

Not gonna play the beta any more, just to make sure it doesn't leave any more of a bad taste in my mouth for when I get my copy of the full game.

They did say that we shouldn't get our hopes up for a 2012 release though, as they aren't looking into making Battlefield a yearly thing. Which is something I'm fine with.
But it looks like they are planning on doing more things like Vietnam in the future, besides creating more content for BF3.

Good to hear. I can only imagine BC3 with the improved refinements being carried over from BF3. (Actual full scale destruction all around you).

meppi said:
I really hope so too.

The Faceless Master said:
2013!

BELIEVE

Dr Prob

Banned
meppi said:

Me too.

First Stage: Oh no, it's just like people were theorizing back in the day: MoH multi was a dry run for BF3. Gah!

Second Stage: Not so bad. Glitches aside, enjoying it, though still not happy with what they've done with Rush. I realize there's a hardcore contingent of BF fans who despise the mode, but I happen to like it and MoH/BF3's take on it just doesn't feel right.

Third Stage: There are five stages.

Fourth Stage: After seeing Caspian and being pumped, saw the new footage of maps the other day. Conquest looks great, Rush has me feeling the same as way back in the first stage all those many sentences ago.

Fifth Stage: Fuck it. It's gonna happen. Gonna play it lots. Why worry about it now.

Bonus Stage: Relapse! Wait, beat up the car? Maybe those are different things. Anyway, going from the BF3 Beta back to BC2 is quite the experience. It's like finally finishing the workday, heading to the supermarket and taking off your pants in the frozen food section. Over near the Bertolli meals. Suppose what I'm getting at is that it's very freeing:

CetAr.jpg

Not exactly a Battle of the Titans there, but still--felt good to be back in some proper Rush shit.

TheSeks

Dream let me know what you need if you want me to take your offer. Might as well at this point.

Finally tried out the beta and boy do I have work to do

Crashed two jets, have a K/D ratio below 1, but I did defuse one bomb and cap some points

I'll play the beta again later this evening

OldJadedGamer said:
So I ran into my first circle strafing helicopter run by a level 50. This is such a new and original idea, I wonder if it will catch on..........
If it's any consolation, it doesn't look like there'll be much of that happening in BF3 (going by Caspian Border feedback).

endlessflood said:
If it's any consolation, it doesn't look like there'll be much of that happening in BF3 (going by Caspian Border feedback).

I'm sure it will be something else though. It doesn't happen as much as it used to but now I just exit the game the second it happens and pick a new map.

endlessflood said:

Maybe not for the PC.

However, for consoles it has been confirmed that heli controls are pretty much the same as bc2

TheSeks said:
Dream let me know what you need if you want me to take your offer. Might as well at this point.

PM me how much you want, what you plan to do with it, when you need it by and whether your souls taste like delicious girl scout cookies.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
PM me how much you want, what you plan to do with it, when you need it by and whether your souls taste like delicious girl scout cookies.

Frankly, surprise me. Whatever will run BC2 PC at a decent speed + BF3 and Halo 2/TF2 at a decent clip is fine with me right now. >_>

Also P4F continues to suck. Which is crazy because Heroes isn't that terrible even with default kits when you don't get the utter hax enemy team players.

Alright, if you're one of the people who have pledge to donate some money for Sek's new PS3 or PC, please confirm with me through pm or in here:

People who I have on pledge right now:
Dream
Evolved1
Calion
Catpee
JJD

Done with the Thompson, now working on the Saiga. And I'm working on the C4 as well since I have less than 200 kills to reach platinum

With two weeks left until the release of BF3, I gotta make every second I have playing the game count.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
Alright, if you're one of the people who have pledge to donate some money for Sek's new PS3 or PC, please confirm with me through pm or in here:

People who I have on pledge right now:
Dream
Evolved1
Calion
Catpee
JJD

I hope you accept paypal my friend! :)

LEGGZZZZ said:
Great News Everyone

Hopefully this remain the same upon release, I think most if not all of our fears regarding health, and possibly how the weapons feel have been addressed. Fingers crossed.

Devs have already stated they haven't changed the damage in the final, they've just fixed various damage and weapon bugs. Damage is still a good deal higher than BC2. They used the assault XM8 + Magnum ammo as the baseline for BF3.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I accept paypal, western union, personal check, cold hard cash :)

That's what your mother said last night, Trebeck?

Mr. Snrub said:
Devs have already stated they haven't changed the damage in the final, they've just fixed various damage and weapon bugs. Damage is still a good deal higher than BC2. They used the assault XM8 + Magnum ammo as the baseline for BF3.

So, it's on Vietnam's level or a bit lower? I did bitch about Vietnam's higher damage level despite it being BC2's (IIRC what Faceless said) launch damage. But I felt the maps with too little cover didn't really give people a chance other than "hurry and break through and get the objectives quickly and hope to cover it" in Rush on Vietnam compared to BC2's lower damage model that had a bit more cover so it was an easier time to get to objectives so long as you weren't spotted in the open like on White Pass.

Of course, I still miss the ability to snipe people with the AKS-47U from across the map on White Pass Conquest. They should've added a bullet drop range for SMG's Assault Rifles instead for game balance even if it is (in practice) not "realistic" in the real world.

Well, my overall score has finally cross the 10mil mark, with my combat score being a wee bit higher than my award score

At least I got that out of the way

In BFBC2, firing doesn't make you show up on the mini-map does it? I always assumed it was only people who had been spotted who showed up on the mini-map, regardless of whether they were using a suppressed or unsuppressed weapon. You'd think after 640 hours I'd know this but someone mentioned it in the BF3 thread and now I'm doubting myself!

meppi

endlessflood said:
In BFBC2, firing doesn't make you show up on the mini-map does it? I always assumed it was only people who had been spotted who showed up on the mini-map, regardless of whether they were using a suppressed or unsuppressed weapon. You'd think after 640 hours I'd know this but someone mentioned it in the BF3 thread and now I'm doubting myself!
Never seen anyone being marked just because they fired a gun.

The Faceless Master said:
you guys have never seen the orange triangles briefly appear and then disappear on your minimap?
Often when I spot somebody the spot will be up there very briefly and then disappear. It often happens like that when I spot somebody and then get killed too. I've always though that those very brief spots on the minimap were just that.

This one is fairly easily tested though, I might have to give it a go later tonight!

meppi said:
Never seen anyone being marked just because they fired a gun.

you just confirmed my suspicion that people don't pay enough attention to the minimap

Fireing any non-silenced weapon will briefly mark out the enemy on the minimap

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
you just confirmed my suspicion that people don't pay enough attention to the minimap

Fireing any non-silenced weapon will briefly mark out the enemy on the minimap

Maybe in Deathmatch. I've never noticed it in Rush or Conquest.

TheSeks said:
Maybe in Deathmatch. I've never noticed it in Rush or Conquest.

It's only a flash, but it's useful to get a general sense of where enemies are coming from.
Trust me, I'm the motion sensor whore. I know.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
It's only a flash, but it's useful to get a general sense of where enemies are coming from.
Trust me, I'm the motion sensor whore. I know.

Maybe you're thinking of your motion sensors? I seriously don't recall seeing any flashes showing up on the mini-map.

meppi

Yeah, me neither.
On a non-vehicle map I usually go for assault wookie so I throw balls allover the place.
Use the map all the time. Never noticed anything like this though.
When people are firing, I notice them from the direction the sound is coming from more than anything else.

CatPee

Enemy flashes on the minimap are a result of the enemy being shot by a teammate, but didn't die.

On a side note, it may be a while before I can contribute to the Seks fund, dreamgazer. Swimming gear and the PC build is costing a hell of a lot more than I had anticipated.
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom