• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Isn't this just Counter Strike ?

Counter-strike is at its core, a 5v5 attack and defend game with 2 minute rounds, a buy system, and one life.

The other game modes like hostage, team deathmatch, etc, are unique in their own way, but it still refers back to the 5v5 gameplay.

If BF Hardline manages to create a good attack/defend game type, and great gunplay with flash bangs, HE nades, etc, other equipment, etc, they could really expand upon those classic game modes of bomb defuse, hostage, etc.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just thinking about it this being the canceled kickstarter project (Police Warfare) makes me beyond excited.

Video

The reload animations and weapons already looked good in 2012 and that concept art shows so many great ideas and possibilities, i can't freaking wait.

There is a pretty high chance Elastic Games developers work now at Visceral Games since their official site, twitter, facebook it's all gone and the last we heard of is this:

"Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for the incredible response to the game. We're shutting down the kickstarter account but this is by no means the end of Police Warfare. News will be coming.

-EG TEAM"

Police Warfare 'Concept Art and Renders'

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Dammit I was working this whole time. Been waiting months for this thread, and here I am LTTP

EDIT: Wait, lemme read up first

kuYuri

Just thinking about it this being the canceled kickstarter project (Police Warfare) makes me beyond excited.

Video

The reload animations and weapons already looked great in 2012 and that concept art shows so many great ideas and possibilities, i can't freaking wait.

There is a pretty high chance Elastic Games developers work now at Visceral Games since their official site, twitter, facebook it's all gone and the last we heard of is this:

Police Warfare 'Concept Art and Renders'

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113628892&postcount=400

ramuh

Man. I really like the concept of this. But as someone who has been burned badly by BF4, I will have to hold my anticipation until at least a month has passed. No more convincing me with a free map pack to buy at launch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So most of the vehicles have either CR or LE versions (I'm assuming Criminal and Law Enforcement), except the Fuel Tanker and the Utility Van, which makes me wonder if they relate to game objectives.

I can't imagine actually trying to drive a fuel tanker into combat as a viable transport on its own.

Attack_HELI_CR
Attack_HELI_LE
CAT_CR
CAT_LE
COUPE_CR
COUPE_LE
Fuel_Tanker
MSP_CR
MSP_LE
SEDAN_CR
SEDAN_LE
SUV_CR
SUV_LE
Street_Motorcycle_CR
Street_Motorcycle_LE
Transport_Heli_CR
Transport_Heli_LE
Utility_Van

This is not my Battlefield anymore. But, yeah, things evolve, interests separate. We will both move on and find someone else to play with. Cheers.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hardline leak:

2014-05-2723_06_16-ba1xudw.png

2014-05-2723_39_05-boxvsuh.png

Police Warfare:

2014-05-2723_14_22-scv6uyk.png
2014-05-2723_14_27-sc2yuzx.png

police_warfare_art_15nssi.jpeg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I leave for a few hours, and this thread descends into madness.

Yeah upon further reflection I think I'll keep my Battlefield: Bad Cop pictures for Twitter or some less incendiary thread.

For the record I made 'em 'cuz I think a game about America's militarized police force is in poor taste, or at least has the potential to be very tone deaf. But I sure as hell don't advocate cop-killing, and it's not like the game is Guantanamo Tycoon. I guess it'll all be a matter of execution on the subject matter, really.

Levi

Banned
Very amused that not only do we have new Battlefield and Call of Duty spin offs competing this year, both are by developers new to their respective franchises, and both developers are as intrinsically linked as Visceral and Sledgehammer are.

fasTRapid

Banned
The game would need to be something entirely different, otherwise it'll get labeled as a re-skinned BF4.
It's a Medal of Honor replacement to aim at CoD's target audience. Expect CQC with lovely Frostbite visuals and hopefully some new art direction.
I can't stand how boring Bf3/4 look, the only worse offenders were MW2 and 3, which were equally broken. Nvm, I'm drifting off...

I can fully appreciate them taking the series in unique direction. However, this course doesn't seem like one well suited to the BF series. Would've much rather they delved into the possibility of a BF Mercs game or something in that vein.

H4r4kiri

And i was like " Yes a smaller scale BF without vehicles and Swat teamplay".

Then i got to the thread and was like ehhhh.....

demolitio

Sounds like a lot of the BF2: Special Forces tools will be in this one. I missed my zipline and grappling hook.

I'm definitely not being the sucker that buys this at launch though. I learned my lesson.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
looks very much like a certain BF4 map

No it doesn't. It isn't Shanghai nor Seine.

SolidSnakeUS said:
How about maybe a larger scale version of Payday 2?

If they're going the Payday 2 route, hopefully they learned from Goldfarb (worked on Bad Company 2)'s fuckups with that game. That game could've been amazing but their DLC scheme and additional stuff ruined that game. Throw in the grind and no way.

it's kind of strange to see the move from military to police simming for Battlefield. Kinda strange.

This is a side-move. Battlefield 5-on would still be military.

So most of the vehicles have either CR or LE versions (I'm assuming Criminal and Law Enforcement), except the Fuel Tanker and the Utility Van, which makes me wonder if they relate to game objectives.

I can't imagine actually trying to drive a fuel tanker into combat as a viable transport on its own.
Maybe a fuel tanker is used by the criminals to blow up a hole in a bank or whatever their objective is. If the cops can take it out before it gets there, maybe it will benefit the cops and harm the criminals. Just a possibility.

Omni

You know, I'm really not that excited. I think it's coming too soon. A new BF game every year or whatever just seems like ehhh. Unless it's unbelievably amazing which I kinda doubt, I don't see myself leaving BF4

Xone9

Banned
hype wagon for me...

i loved the swat games, although those were slow paced.....

all we need now is a DEA agent mode, where you bust drug runners..

Soma

I was really not excited for this at all until the mention of Heist missions.

If they can pull it off well then I'm totally on board.

Woorloog

Banned
I have to admit, this concept does sound intriguing. But after hearing what happened with BF4 (i never bothered getting it), i'm going to wait for a few months after the launch. And this is assuming the game won't be just re-skinned BF3/4.

Top Bottom