• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

Gorillaz

If done right this could really be something. There are certain things that can work in a smaller setting then an average BF game. Certain modes. Things like a possible Heist mode can work and might be fun.

bfh_logo-0cad73c0.png

bfhfirstlogin2-6a3f29bb.jpg

looks very much like a certain BF4 map

If done right this could really be something. There are certain things that can work in a smaller setting then an average BF game. Certain modes. Things like a possible Heist mode can work and might be fun.

looks very much like a certain BF4 map

That bridge and water underneath it, giving you them Siege of Shanghai feels?

Ran Ran

Sounds interesting to say the least.

The issues with BF4 really soured me on Battlefield though.

Maybe Visceral can make things interesting while also making a game that, you know, actually works.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That bridge and water underneath it, giving you them Siege of Shanghai feels?

It's different from Shanghai, there look to be ramps/stairs that lead up to the overpass. Looks like a completely new map.

Also, there isn't any water under the bridge, it's a road. Increase the brightness of your display, you'll see it.

MDSLKTR

In some ways I can see this game and main BF4 being side by side because BF4 will be the All out Warfare game and BF:Hardline can be this smaller unique one.... At least I hope so because knowing most online fps communities BF4 will be dead even though it will be working finally.

I wouldn't worry BF3 and BFBC2 are still well populated (pc at least), dlc maps is another story tough...

jay23

This has so much potential, please don't fuck it up EA.

Would be awesome if you can pre plan heist.
Or a game mode were you play a thug, and have to escape prison.

Pifje

Well, they certainly don't have very much competition with a product like this. Only Payday and Counter-Strike come to mind, both of which are apparently under $20 games. And it has been years since the latest addition to the SWAT franchise.

dorkimoe

day 1!

However...i will get to enjoy a good 3-4 months of the game before they butcher the community with dlc and premium. But so glad to see something other than war. love me cops and robbers

So are we arresting these guys or just shooting them?
It would be great if at least in the single player mode if you could use verbal commands to get the bad guys to drop their weapons so you could arrest them. I'm not sure how that would work in MP although I suppose you could handcuff wounded (not dead) bad guys.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Saw the word “Hardline” and immediately started thinking of a Battlefield game set in the universe of the Matrix. I’m sort of disappointed now.

edit: Hardlines were wired phones in the Matrix that human operatives would use to disconnect safely from the virtual world. In the Matrix Online, hardlines were phonebooths and used like portals/fast travel.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I didn't see this till now. Thanks for clarifying my stance Over, lol.

Real talk: I regret my previous post, and I'm sorry for derailing or offending. I have numerous critiques of police. Some of these are on an individual level -- I've seen cops attack, imprison, and ruin the lives of people I care about. But my critiques are also on a political level, as cops are a key part of social control and oppression in modern societies. It pains me when games or other media glorify and honor cops, and when I see that happening I have a bad habit of shit talking cops in a knee jerk fashion.

Next time I'll try to present my critiques / concerns in a more responsible way. Sorry yall. I don't want to derail further, so feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this more.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This would be an interesting take on it. But why call it Battlefield, should have named it something else. I think we will see reveal at MS presentation and more gameplay at EA conference. Or it will be all at EA conference.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Real talk: I regret my previous post, and I'm sorry for derailing or offending. I have numerous critiques of police. Some of these are on an individual level -- I've seen cops attack, imprison, and ruin the lives of people I care about. But my critiques are also on a political level, as cops are a key part of social control and oppression in modern societies. It pains me when games or other media glorify and honor cops, and when I see that happening I have a bad habit of shit talking cops in a knee jerk fashion.

Next time I'll try to present my critiques / concerns in a more responsible way. Sorry yall. I don't want to derail further, so feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this more.

Can't make a generalized assumption that all cops, military, etc are bad. Just like you can't automatically generalize that all people are bad.

What you've just said in your post, I can say the same thing about teachers, coaches, parents, etc.

Anyway...moving on..

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This would be an interesting take on it. But why call it Battlefield, should have named it something else. I think we will see reveal at MS presentation and more gameplay at EA conference. Or it will be all at EA conference.

Probably because they're going to tie it into the Battlefield franchise in some way. Earlier I made reference to BF3 and BF Vietnam...but I forgot that it was Bad Company 2 that had the BF Vietnam game.

Remember this:
battlefield_bad_company_2_vietnam-HD.jpg

They could very easily relate it to BF4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

The name "Battlefield" alone sells this game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whoa, I like the concept. Lots of potential, but I do wonder how Battlefield-y this could be. I'm not sure how they'd be able to carry over the scale of Battlefield (one of it's most important features) into a cops vs. robbers scenario. Hundreds of dudes respawning and jumping into the meat grinder wouldn't really make sense in that scenario, not that I really care about plausibility in a videogame. But, it sounds really neat and I'm kinda over the whole modern warfare theme for awhile.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man, I want so bad for this to be rainbow six with actual objective mechanics, but I really doubt that's what we will get. If this turns out the way we want it though, oh man.

"Real talk" you fantasize about killing cops, and generalize all cops negatively while supposedly being against people who do the exact same shit to other groups.

All this post shows is that you're terrible at damage control.

I wonder if you fantasize about killing minority female cops as well, or if that suddenly is a conflict of interest for you.

todahawk

Man, I want so bad for this to be rainbow six with actual objective mechanics, but I really doubt that's what we will get. If this turns out the way we want it though, oh man.
*snip*

Oh lawd don't get my hopes up... I loved me some rainbow 6. Hacienda, Oil Tanker, ugh that shit was so good.

Mully

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh lawd don't get my hopes up... I loved me some rainbow 6. Hacienda, Oil Tanker, ugh that shit was so good.

Now imagine it with vehicles and gadgets with battlefield style play. I'm thinking breaching charges and other cool stuff. Man, the possibilities.

Nokterian

Probably because they're going to tie it into the Battlefield franchise in some way. Earlier I made reference to BF3 and BF Vietnam...but I forgot that it was Bad Company 2 that had the BF Vietnam game.

Remember this:
battlefield_bad_company_2_vietnam-HD.jpg

They could very easily relate it to BF4.

BC2 and BC2 Vietnam are the best..even today still amazing.

But this? Even after BF4 i just don't trust it even with Visceral..being very very skeptical about this. Also EA just release a goddamn trailer all info is out on the streets.

todahawk

Now imagine it with vehicles and gadgets with battlefield style play. I'm thinking breaching charges and other cool stuff. Man, the possibilities.

Oh god i just remembered the airport level with the hangars and shit. dude, flashbacks (& flash bangs!).

Stop, my heart!

TANGO DOWN.

TheCloser

Banned
This game could be good but a lot of heist games fall flat for one single reason. The best part about a heist is getting away. Its not only fighting in the bank but escaping.

How can they implement this in multiplayer?

-Build a city map
-Have an escape point that you have to get to at one point in the map. Rotating escape points would be perfect.
-The heist team needs to deliver the package to a specific point to win the game.
-x% of the team should be present for the at the delivery point for it to be a success.

This game could be good but a lot of heist games fall flat for one single reason. The best part about a heist is getting away. Its not only fighting in the bank but escaping.

-Build a city map
-Have an escape point that you have to get to at one point in the map. Rotating escape points would be perfect.
-The heist team needs to deliver the package to a specific point to win the game.
-x% of the team should be present for the at the delivery point for it to be a success.

Don't wanna get my hopes up and get burned in the end, but if they implement something like you said plus more, then this game can be something special.

jond76

Banned
So, imagine a map with maybe 3-4 potential targets. The baddies get to vote on which one they want to hit before the game starts. Then they hit the location and alarms are tripped. Cops are alerted and shit goes down.

On the flip side, the cops start the the round patrolling the map, not knowing where the robbers will strike. Then, over the radio, an in progress call drops and you respond.

I know it won't work out that way but the possibilities are there. Could be cool.

todahawk

-Build a city map

Great point, my favorite part of GTA is evading and losing my wanted level.

Hmm, what you describe sounds like a variation of Obliteration or CTF.

Competa

Banned

-Build a city map

Isn't this just Counter Strike ?

Top Bottom