• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

Not caring unless this is legit going in a "Bad Company" direction. Bad Company 2 is by far the best BF game, at least of the ones I've played (Bf2 on).

REAL destructibility as nearly every wall could be taken down. None of this "levolution" bullcrap.

I agree. And I hope the game's story doesn't take itself too seriously. Bad Company 2's campaign was so good.

I can't muster any hype for this. They shit the bed with BF4 and dead space 3 was garbage so I don't trust visceral that much either. If I was EA I'd be looking for a way to win the fan base back, not having a B team churn out more crap.

This. BF4 damaged the brand to me, the rubberbanding on conquest 64 was so terrible that I had to stop playing and stop trying to get a playable experience out of it, they tired the shit out of me with that crap. Neither is the name Visceral strong enough to win me over.

The concept sounds good but I will just wait on this, hear impressions about the multiplayer first and whether it has rubberbanding or not.

Interested in this. A cops and robbers dynamic would hopefully mean theres more to objective modes than "shoot the other team".

Whether or not it would feature smart game play like payday remains to be seen. There should be incentives for the cops to capture bad guys not kill them and seeing tazers and batons makes me optimistic at least.

Skipzoid

Neo Member
Dammit, EA
5057d1371764998-upcoming-skill-trait-changes-35zuqt.jpg

Kiant

They have to make sure the online component works as intended this time, hopefully EA have learnt their lesson.

I'm not holding my breath

This. BF4 damaged the brand to me, the rubberbanding on conquest 64 was so terrible that I had to stop playing and stop trying to get a playable experience out of it, they tired the shit out of me with that crap. Neither is the name Visceral strong enough to win me over.

The concept sounds good but I will just wait on this, hear impressions about the multiplayer first and whether it has rubberbanding or not.

It's easy. Just don't buy anything named Battlefield (or put out by Dice) until 1-4 months after release.

He got a few things wrong in that though. Like he said it was current gen only....

...so now that the cat's out of the bag what is Visceral and EA going to do at E3 to wow and surprise the crowd?

....but if the hype was real it seems all they'll have to do at E3 is show us footage. Apparently according to HHG EA excepts this to equal the Watch_Dogs 2012 reveal.

Will Battlefield Hardline learn from BF4?

Will we have a decent server tick rate?
Will we have a demo/battle recorder?
Will we have a stable game release?
Will we have e-Sports support from the start?

Well if the people who have played the BF4 CTE are to be believed, then I think DICE at least figured some shit out. To be honest I don't remember playing a Battlefield game since 1942 that at least had a few weird or annoying things about them. I was one of those assholes back then when they announced Battlelog for BF3 as a web server browser... And then realized BF2's server browser for me was buggy and laggy for whatever reason. I think at least they're getting better. Problem is this isn't DICE, they're making Star Wars Battlefront right now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This does not sound like Battlefield at all. Maybe they should have just tried to launch it as a new IP or would they have too many shoorters in their portfolio that way?
Name recognition.

params7

Banned
I'm hoping its competitive and grows into e-sports. Tired of only seeing CoD represent console shooters on the competitive front.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Still skeptical but considering how much I love the smaller scale stuff in BF and I do like the setting, I am interested. I just hope it isn't a rush job again.

Jito

Banned
No hopes at all for Visceral to make a good BF game when DICE can't even get it right. Might give it a try a year after release when the game actually works.

Loving the sound of this (if the leaks ring true). I pray the netcode isn't faecal á la BF4. Hopefully they have input from DICE's audio team as they are peerless, imho.

It's easy. Just don't buy anything named Battlefield (or put out by Dice) until 1-4 months after release.

I tried BF4 again a few weeks ago, it's still shit. Still rubberbanding in conquest 64. There aren't a lot of games I desperately wanted to play so much that I kept trying over and over in futile with the game keep telling me "no fuck you I wont let you play".

klodeckel

Banned
Believing that is crazy. You don't take a proof of concept kickstarter and turn it into a AAA game in such short time.

This game had been in development since Dead SSpace 3 shipped.

This kickstarter is two years old, no?

So far, the video matches 100% to the leaked Battlefield: Hardline infos.

Benutzer

Not caring unless this is legit going in a "Bad Company" direction. Bad Company 2 is by far the best BF game, at least of the ones I've played (Bf2 on).

REAL destructibility as nearly every wall could be taken down. None of this "levolution" bullcrap.

I'm hyped for hardline: urban setting + smaller scale + cops and robbers game modes + no rubberbanding
please

BC2 = best battlefield game ever.

Interested in this. A cops and robbers dynamic would hopefully mean theres more to objective modes than "shoot the other team".

Whether or not it would feature smart game play like payday remains to be seen. There should be incentives for the cops to capture bad guys not kill them and seeing tazers and batons makes me optimistic at least.

Yeah, I hope for this too. Cops should have arrests as the primary target, and thieves should be trying to make off with their loot.

Obviously it's still Battlefield, so penalising for kills would be dumb (especially seeing as there's no logical reason for armed robbers to be penalised for murder) but it doesn't make much sense for kills to be a stat determining victory in this context.

Dabanton

Certainly sounds more interesting than another straight war game.

Lets hope the need to get objectives done trumps people who just want to have a deathmatch.

marrec

Banned
First Battlefield I've been interested in since Bad Company 2. We need more AAA shooters that venture outside the boring military mold.

Tubie

If it has a game mode similar to Conquest then I'm in. Otherwise I'll stick to BF4 until BF5 comes out. Conquest is all I play and enjoy, doesn't have to be 64 player maps but it needs that epic feeling to keep me playing.

Scum

Believing that is crazy. You don't take a proof of concept kickstarter and turn it into a AAA game in such short time.

This game had been in development since Dead SSpace 3 shipped.

This is EA. That's the first thing they thought when they saw the idea.

They are starting to remove the images. The Battlefield: Hardline logo is not on the server anymore.

Fools. They're just confirming it. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd agree with you but all EA has to do is tell Visceral "sorry, we're launching it".
DICE & BF has always been a big 'buggy' but there's no way I can believe anyone at DICE felt good about launching BF4 in the state they did. That was EA saying (IMO), we're launching with PS4 launch no matter what.

And this is why the series needs a GOOD LONG BREAK. Not multiple developers on it. Especially when the marquee dev (DICE) is working on three other fucking titles in a yearly fashion.

That said, my hunches from the black and white weapons were right. It seems Visceral watches my love for those guns and just threw them in to get me to buy this. D:

params7 said:
I'm hoping its competitive and grows into e-sports. Tired of only seeing CoD represent console shooters on the competitive front.

You better just hope it isn't MAGIC™.

Raticus said:
Yup. Stretch that brand, baby! Sell me some Battlefield diapers.

Need to for all those people that got unlocks in two weeks with BF4 even with boosts. 110-120 within a month. DIAPERS.

Dysun

Nice to finally give this game a name rather than BF Cops! Day 1 for me, love Battlefield even when it's laggy rubberbanding crashy mess

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
heist-video-tutorial-9wox1.jpg

Am i the only one that looking at this image thinks of a Vita game? I know it's really a small image but it doeasn't look at the same level of nowadays average PS360 fps, and the source saying it's crossgen called the game "Havana" not Hardline...

Anon67

Won't buy this on day one, but I probably will... Looks cool. Looking forward to seeing it soon, assuming this is all real.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Am i the only one that looking at this image thinks of a Vita game? I know it's really a small image but it doeasn't look at the same level of nowadays average PS360 fps, and the source saying it's crossgen called the game "Havana" not Hardline...

Havana was one of the project names for the game before they came up with the final title.

As for the graphics that's pretty much what Battlefield 4 multiplayer looks like at that size.

bf4-2013-11-11-09-54-sjpy4.jpg

Scum

Nowadays on 'GAF, I just don't know anymore.

Top Bottom