• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I wonder if this will be like their Battlefield Vietnam announcement a few years ago for BF3? Where it's an entirely different BF game within the core game. I could see them saying, we're announcing a new experience for Battlefield 4 with Battlefield Hardline.

Probably would be easier for them to do it.

http://getbblog.com/en/board/topic/...eady-in-the-work-or-a-big-update-in-Battlelog

Update9
GameModes i've found - There some new in there (BLOODMONEY)

AIRSUPERIORITY: 8388608
BLOODMONEY: 268435456
BOMBSQUAD: 1048576
CAPTURETHEFLAG: 524288
CARRIERASSAULT: 33554432
CARRIERASSAULTLARGE: 67108864
CARRIERASSAULTSMALL: 134217728
COMBATMISSION: 8192
CONQUEST: 1
CONQUESTASSAULTLARGE: 128
CONQUESTASSAULTSMALL: 256
CONQUESTLARGE: 64
CONQUESTSMALL: 1
DOMINATION: 1024
ELIMINATION: 16777216
FIRETEAM_SURVIVOR: 32768
GUNMASTER: 512
HEIST: 2147483648
NONE: 1
OBJECTIVERAID: 262144
OBLITERATION: 2097152
ONSLAUGHT: 16
RUSH: 2
RUSHLARGE: 2
RUSHSMALL: 2
SCAVENGER: 4194304
SECTORCONTROL: 16384
SPORT: 65536
SQDM: 8
SQRUSH: 4
SQUADDEATHMATCH: 8
SQUADRUSH: 4
TANKSUPERIORITY: 131072
TEAMDEATHMATCH: 32
TEAMDEATHMATCHC: 2048
TEAMDEATHMATCH_FIRETEAM: 4096
UNKNOWN: 1

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OH MY GOD.

CTF, RUSH, SABOTAGE IN THE BASE GAME?

chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

And Heist!?
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png
x3.

Phil4000

Cross-gen probably means I will pass, unless the gameplay is radically different than BF4 or it releases at a discounted $20-30 price.
On a related note, I hope we don't get too many cross-gen announcements at E3 or its going to be a real bummer... :(

while this does look interesting. I think that I'm more excited for H-Hour. But will probably get this too.

Honestly I don't get people writing off the whole BF series because of BF4. Yes I know they basically shit in a game case and sold it for $60. And for the past 6 months its been basically a beta. I know, I get the anger. But now that the game is a lot smoother, it's a amazing game. While yes it still has a couple of other things to work out, one of the best FPS out there right now.

It just sucks it took this long and having to lose a portion of the fan base to get the awesome game

I doubt those gamemode are all for BFH. Remember this is a client update. So game modes for every Bf game/expansion on Battleog could be on there. I mean do you honestly think this game will launch with 35 game modes?

The relevant gamemodes are...

BLOODMONEY
BOMBSQUAD
ELIMINATION
FIRETEAM_SURVIVOR
HEIST
OBJECTIVERAID
SECTORCONTROL
TEAMDEATHMATCH_FIRETEAM

Not buying another Battlefield game after what i got with BF4. Corrupt saves, shit online. Yeah it's pretty much fixed now but damn that took a while !

Even though the concept is very interesting, a swat team game is needed in this crowded military games but it's BF dammit...

styl3s

Just wait for the gaming press to give you honest reviews of the game then make your purchasing decision right after.
I feel like you are being sarcastic with this comment and if you are and if this is directed to the good reviews BF4 got before everyone realized the servers were complete shit need i remind you that they didn't encounter these problems when they played to review.

EA essentially bamboozled them and a lot of reviewers rectified it.

Timu

Not buying another Battlefield game after what i got with BF4. Corrupt saves, shit online. Yeah it's pretty much fixed now but damn that took a while !

Even though the concept is very interesting, a swat team game is needed in this crowded military games but it's BF dammit...
They never fixed the corrupt saves sadly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think those are probably just all the modes listed on Battlelog since some are even from Medal of Honor.

Way to shoot my hype down, Nirolak. The fact that CTF is only 4 maps (again) in BF4 is a crime.

And the fact that Rush wasn't focused on for map design was a bigger crime.

(Plus not doing Sabotage for this outing as well as BF4 is a completely missed opportunity for massive teamwork play)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Havana was one of the project names for the game before they came up with the final title.

As for the graphics that's pretty much what Battlefield 4 multiplayer looks like at that size.

bf4-2013-11-11-09-54-sjpy4.jpg

I guess you are right, but even now i can't stop thinking that the car, the van and the environment in general look too simple and plain.

Interfectum

I feel like you are being sarcastic with this comment and if you are and if this is directed to the good reviews BF4 got before everyone realized the servers were complete shit need i remind you that they didn't encounter these problems when they played to review.

EA essentially bamboozled them and a lot of reviewers rectified it.

True but did game journalists learn their lesson and will they wait for a game to go live next time before reviewing it's multiplayer capabilities?

k4n3

Banned
It's amazing BF4 is just now becoming stable.... It will be hilarious if this game is launched before the 30 tick rate goes live and we will finally be at the point how BF4 should of been at before it launched

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
they need to get this cross gen shit out of here. Everyone should be thinking like Rocksteady. I'm interested, so we'll see what this looks like.

MayMay

Banned
I guess you are right, but even now i can't stop thinking that the car, the van and the environment in general look too simple and plain.

The secret closed BF4 Alpha was kinda like that too

143424d1372460851-battlefield-4-smt0sfxh.jpg

So that might just be a pre-unveil Alpha thing or something.

FinKL

So, I saw mention about a Police Warfare kickstarter and was looking for some ACTUALLY gameplay footage to get a feel of it, but couldn't find any. The kickstarter still exists, but there isn't anything updated about it except "Kickstarter canceled, but stay tuned for more Police Warfare in the future"

What I did find on their trailer were "BFH" references, for a kickstarter trailer published on Apr 15, 2012

iPPf6KWYLWv3U.png

Nirolak and Psycho Powaa hit this on the head months ago, but now I wonder if the Kickstarter was used to see if there was interest in the theme in 2012??? I find it very coincidental that there are "BFH" named audio clips...

Charleston

Neo Member
This seems to be interesting! Will hope for more info, even if everything is basically hanging out.

Kinda sad though, BF4 looks fun, but I still hear it has a lot of problems...

So, I saw mention about a Police Warfare kickstarter and was looking for some ACTUALLY gameplay footage to get a feel of it, but couldn't find any. The kickstarter still exists, but there isn't anything updated about it except "Kickstarter canceled, but stay tuned for more Police Warfare in the future"

What I did find on their trailer were "BFH" references, for a kickstarter trailer published on Apr 15, 2012

iPPf6KWYLWv3U.png

Nirolak and Psycho Powaa hit this on the head months ago, but now I wonder if the Kickstarter was used to see if there was interest in the theme in 2012??? I find it very coincidental that there are "BFH" named audio clips...

That sounds shady in a way.

d0nnie

Banned
Maybe he really loved Payday The Heist so much.

It's an idiotic thing to say. In real life, when shit goes down and the bullets/knives/fists start flying....who answers that call? It's about showing some respect for someone that puts their life on the line at any given moment, as a job/duty...VERY few professions require this.

Anyway....

Valkrai

Checked out the Police Warfare kickstarter video again and saw those BFH audio clips, what the fuck? I honestly have no idea what to think from that.

todahawk

And this is why the series needs a GOOD LONG BREAK. Not multiple developers on it. Especially when the marquee dev (DICE) is working on three other fucking titles in a yearly fashion.

That said, my hunches from the black and white weapons were right. It seems Visceral watches my love for those guns and just threw them in to get me to buy this. D:

*snip*

Need to for all those people that got unlocks in two weeks with BF4 even with boosts. 110-120 within a month. DIAPERS.

I agree but EA is gonna milk Battlefield for all they can and when it's a dried up husk they'll move on to another franchise.

I'm interested in this but not day 1, no way.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Esports in CoD is far from dead. It blew up with Black Ops 2.

Eh, the quality of COD after COD2 is horrid for esports. It's popular because it's an easy pick up and play game that any teenager can say they're good at. It's nothing near the competitiveness of COD1&2 or Counter-strike.

desu

Eh, the quality of COD after COD2 is horrid for esports. It's popular because it's an easy pick up and play game that any teenager can say they're good at. It's nothing near the competitiveness of COD1&2 or Counter-strike.

I haven't really played much beyond MW2. I occasionally checked the newer games but none of them seemed to have what CoD 2 had. I wonder how "competitive" gaming of those newer titles look like.

EVIL

iPPf6KWYLWv3U.png

ohshit, nice find!

EmpReb

Banned
In some ways I can see this game and main BF4 being side by side because BF4 will be the All out Warfare game and BF:Hardline can be this smaller unique one.... At least I hope so because knowing most online fps communities BF4 will be dead even though it will be working finally.

Top Bottom