• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline has gone gold

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I'm still in even after getting smoked buying BF4 at launch. The beta was more fun than I expected. Felt like a battlefield game but with tighter infantry maps. Hotwire was pretty wild too.

Which is unlikely because they delayed the game for that reason and we already had the beta that proved to be good.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Visceral had to push pretty hard to convince EA to give them more time to modify and polish. We'll have to wait and see of course but I have more faith the game will be ready at launch now that it isn't being rushed out for a holiday release to compete with CoD

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm buying it, had a blast playing 40 hours worth of Hotwire during the beta.

Woop-woop! That's the sound of da police! That's the sound of the beast!

joecanada

Me because I don't care about the Mp and I'm getting it for ~$40 thanks to GCU.

Ya will get used if game is stable. No new buy due to bf4 debacle. That's 40 they lost from me on dlc for bf4 and 50 for this game. Will buy dlc if they redeem this game

leobebes

Banned
Am I the only one on here who's afraid to admit that they were supremely addicted to heist and the map they let you play during the beta?

There were so many variables in the way a team could plan their attack or defense, the game became supremely addicting once you figured out what you could do and couldn't do.

I hadn't had that much fun in an MP in a long while.

"Play all of multiplayer and the prologue and first episode of the exciting new single player campaign"
RG0BS1U.gif

Webhead

Banned
I'm really missing my bf fix on the pc. I had 4 for awhile on the X1 I couldn't ever get used to the console version, it felt off. It's going to be very hard for me to pick this up for $60 though. I might just get bf4 premium on the pc for $40. Is there very much of community on 4 right now? Do a lot of people still play?

I expect impressions peeps! I don't want to get it due to what i've seen so far. Did not download the beta due to gameplay videos i seen.

:)

Majanew

Banned
Nice. I had a lot of fun with the beta. Not buying full price, though.

Woop, woop. That's da sound of da police.

gl0w

too expensive, and it's not even gold. I mean from the beta my opinion is that it plays and looks worst than BF4. So, there is no gold here.

Majanew

Banned
I expect impressions peeps! I don't want to get it due to what i've seen so far. Did not download the beta due to gameplay videos i seen.

:)

You missed out. Also, that's odd. Why didn't you try the beta to find out for yourself? The beta ran well and the frame-rate was pretty solid. The biggest complaints were the overall graphics and dem powerlines.

I enjoyed the beta a lot. This is way more Bad Company than I expected. Seems to have a good sense of fun and personality that mainline BF games have never had.

So I'm actually hoping to get into the series, as I greatly respect it, but was never interested in the settings (anything modern warfare is off-putting to me at first), would you guys say it's better to hop on with Hardlined or Battlefield 4? I played 2142 a long while ago and loved that to pieces, and I've heard the series has made some pretty crazy leaps since.

And depending on where I jump into it, is it more worth it to pick it up on PC or the PS4? (If I buy PS4 my brother in another state can play it), what are the huge advantages to the PC version?

Brannon

As many have said, an EA game going gold means exactly dick all. Not even their beta means much, going by BF4. A couple days after release will see what this game is really about.

I'm really missing my bf fix on the pc. I had 4 for awhile on the X1 I couldn't ever get used to the console version, it felt off. It's going to be very hard for me to pick this up for $60 though. I might just get bf4 premium on the pc for $40. Is there very much of community on 4 right now? Do a lot of people still play?

Yes, it's still very active (and will probably remain active for a long time). You can buy the base game and Premium for 14.99$ each on Amazon right now.

sade

Banned
Cool, now they only need to port 2 years of patches done to BF4, since it is very obvious they forked the code then.

i.e. dead zone in choppers in PS4 is abysmal, just like BF4 in 2013. Also missing all the advanced configuration options.

Meh, I will just wait for Battlefront.

Can't imagine this doing very well after two poorly received betas and the catastrophe that was BF4 at launch. Best of luck to Visceral, though. This looks like the first Battlefield game that I will not be purchasing (I've bought them all since BF1942 back in the day).

Given the issues with Battlefield 4, who is going to buy this game?

Most pre ordered title of 2015 so far by a long shot. Will be the most as well until MKX

I wasn't interested in this at all, as I've only liked BF: 1943 (didn't play anything before it). However, I enjoyed a round I played at E3.

I'm also interested in the campaign, because it'll give me something to rent and play through. BF campaigns usually suck, though, from what I've heard.

I was excited for BF3, and bought it at a midnight launch. Ended up not liking the multiplayer (not really sure why) and found the campaign to be a boring, cheap and glitchy mess. Stopped playing it.

Borrowed 4 from a friend, but didn't bother playing it because of all the glitches/progress resetting.

I loved Bad Company, though, and beat its campaign twice. The multiplayer was fun, too. The second one was a downgrade, though IMO.

HariKari

I enjoyed the beta a lot. This is way more Bad Company than I expected. Seems to have a good sense of fun and personality that mainline BF games have never had.

Some silliness doesn't make it on par with Bad Company. BC2 was a well done game top to bottom. This... not so much. Wasn't feeling the beta.

Cool, now they only need to port 2 years of patches done to BF4, since it is very obvious they forked the code then.

i.e. dead zone in choppers in PS4 is abysmal, just like BF4 in 2013. Also missing all the advanced configuration options.

The netcode is essentially the same with the BF4 CTE and Hardline, they're running at a tickrate of 30 now. A lot of the fixes in Hard line are making their way to BF4 actually.

Muffdraul

I'm surprised anyone wants another Dead Space game after the way the last one turned out.

The problem with DS3 was EA suit interference. Since the sales were so much worse than the previous games, the optimist in me hopes that EA is willing to let Visceral make at least one more Dead Space as they see fit.

Congrats to Visceral team now go make a Dead Space game.

I would imagine much of the team will be moving onto the Star Wars game and perhaps the new IP that was rumored after they finished DS3. I'd love for them to do another Dead Space though. Let's just pray that EA doesn't turn them into Battlefield Team 2. What a waste of talent that would be.

I've already preordered for PS4 since I enjoyed the beta, I wonder if the SP campaign will make me cringe or feel like Will Smith.

There was another thread about it but EA early access (or whatever their monthly sub service is called) get to play the game a day early for 10 hours, kinda cool I guess especially if it lets you pre-install the game. Too bad PS4 doesn't have that option.

What?
Advanced configuration options? Like?

Please expand on what specifically you feel Hardline is lacking.

Top Bottom