• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline has gone gold

A Battlefield game and "gold" is some kinda paradox

Don't you people think you are being a LITTLE BIT overly dramatic.

That "beta release" business only happened one time.

Battlefield 3 was released in a acceptable condition.

BF4 was only released buggy because they rushed it for next-gen system launches.

see5harp

I'm actually hyped for this. Skipped buying COD and even when MCC worked, I'd get into games of Halo 3 and teams of 4 were just murdering me like they had never stopped playing the game. I really hope they get stuff like invites and shit working like they should though.

Relique

First Battlefield I am not getting day one. I didn't even bother trying the beta after the disaster that was alpha. If the campaign ends up being good then I'll pick this up once a Premium edition with all the DLC drops.

BF4 was only released buggy because they rushed it for next-gen system launches.

People have the minds of a goldfish or have selective memory.

Its almost like everyone here posting shit about how the game is going to be a technical mess did not play the beta.

I personally have no interest in Hardline however, I honestly hope Visceral can release a complete, functional and stable game that actually works properly (unlike DICE), on launch day. If Hardline suffers the same fate as BF4 then the 'Battlefield' franchise will pretty much be on life support.

DICE have already seriously damaged the brand when they launched BF4 in the state that they did. It was completely unacceptable and downright shameful. I can't imagine devoting 2-3 years of my life and career to a company and project and then releasing it to the public like that, it's absolutely deplorable. It's pretty clear that they have no idea what the fuck they're doing anymore. They've run their own IP full speed straight into the ground and have no one to blame but themselves. Plus they've managed to squander years of goodwill, alienate, ostracize and piss off countless numbers of fans newcomers and vetrans alike.

It boggles my mind how and why Disney and/or EA would ever allow them anywhere near the Star Wars franchise. Their credibility as a 'AAA' studio in the video game industry is laughable and their reputation is ruined and in complete tatters at this point. They should have given Battlefront to BioWare or Visceral instead.

I do sincerely hope Visceral find success with Hardline because if they fuck up, the Battlefield franchise will truly be dead. There is nothing I hate more than paying for something that doesn't work right. They need to break the cycle of releasing broken games then taking the better part of a year to fix them, shit needs to stop.

Spineker

Banned
Having played both the alpha and beta significantly, it is a fun game, but this is easily a "wait for a price cut" moment.

meppi

People have the minds of a goldfish or have selective memory.

Its almost like everyone here posting shit about how the game is going to be a technical mess did not play the beta.

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYgXTMUalnU
Yeah that must be it!

Just like every time a thread went up about the problems that BF4 had, there were people claiming the game was perfect after the first week.
It's okay to be optimistic, but let's not go crazy here. Even though I have a lot more faith in Visceral than I do in Dice these days, they still have to work with the same shitty Frostbite engine and all the problems that it brings with it.
That's the sad truth to all this.

BF3 had major input lag problems on PS3 for over a year. there's no way I would consider that acceptable.
Not to mention that every single update broke something else in the game.

BF4 was rushed, no doubt about it, but there's plenty of problems with the game that had nothing to do with the game being rushed. Problems that again persisted till well over a year after launch.

Even after Dead Space 3?

If this was after Dead Space 2, I'd agree. However, after the travesty that was 3, I'd rather another developer handle the 4th game.
I'll never understand this mentality...yes, they made Dead Space 3, but they also made Dead Space 1 and 2 which were incredible games. Have they just all of a sudden lost the ability to make a good DS game because of 3? Very unreasonable to toss them to the wayside because of one game, are they incapable of improving and going back to the drawing board?

GavinUK86

I'll never understand this mentality...yes, they made Dead Space 3, but they also made Dead Space 1 and 2 which were incredible games. Have they just all of a sudden lost the ability to make a good DS game because of 3? Very unreasonable to toss them to the wayside because of one game, are they incapable of improving and going back to the drawing board?

I agree. I didn't find anything wrong with DS3 up until the final reveal but that goes for ME3 too yet I wouldn't want anyone other than Bioware to do the next one. Visceral are great at what they do. I'm really looking forward, for once, to Hardlines singleplayer.

But does it work?

This shouldn't even be said anymore. There was no problems with the beta accept for a little lag on conquest at times. Other than that it was flawless. Hit detection and everything was spot on. DICE doing work with that CTE. Hardline will be the first Battlefield title since BC2 that will launch working :p.

Bsigg12

Can't wait to check out the story with EA Access. I got a pretty good idea about the multiplayer from the betas but getting access to the prolgue and first episode might convince me to buy it if they're good.

Damerman

looking forward to finally playing an FPS with a semblance of uniqueness.

am i setting myself up for disappointment if all i'm looking forward to is the single player?

I know, right? I've been trying to tell people it actually looks ok but not one believes me.

Well, I think a lot of people are soured by BF3/4's campaigns.

Having said that, it looks like they actually ARE making good on their promise of more open-ended gameplay. I remember DICE saying the BF3 would have a mix of linear vs open areas, and we all saw how that turned out. Hardline's campaign already looks a lot better than prior games.

Theorry

Btw on Xbox One it also downloaded this.
"Versatility Battlepack Features a highly versatile assault rifle, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and a XP boost."

I didnt buy the deluxe edition.

Well, I think a lot of people are soured by BF3/4's campaigns.

Having said that, it looks like they actually ARE making good on their promise of more open-ended gameplay. I remember DICE saying the BF3 would have a mix of linear vs open areas, and we all saw how that turned out. Hardline's campaign already looks a lot better than prior games.
I expect there to be a mix of standard CoD style run and gun levels, and that's fine, but I'm more looking forwards to the open ended ones like in the video I linked. I believe someone from Visceral said they took inspiration from Far Cry 3's outposts.

I expect there to be a mix of standard CoD style run and gun levels, and that's fine, but I'm more looking forwards to the open ended ones like in the video I linked. I believe someone from Visceral said they took inspiration from Far Cry 3's outposts.

That's actually the impression I got watching that video. Hopefully it's not limited to just that spot in the campaign.

Btw on Xbox One it also downloaded this.
"Versatility Battlepack Features a highly versatile assault rifle, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and a XP boost."

I didnt buy the deluxe edition.

deluxe has 3 rifles and 10 battlepacks, preorders for the regular get 1 rifle and 3 battlepacks

I think the beta sold me, I had tons of fun with Hotwire. Actually debating PC vs PS4 though, first time I've considered console for a BF title. At this point my PC couldn't run the game better than my PS4 could (though I'm sure it'll get better with patches, I can run BF4 on high at a solid 60).

Deadbeat

Banned
I'll never understand this mentality...yes, they made Dead Space 3, but they also made Dead Space 1 and 2 which were incredible games. Have they just all of a sudden lost the ability to make a good DS game because of 3?
Um yes. The capable devs that kept Dead Space on the rails of being a good game left to form sledgehammer.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Um yes. The capable devs that kept Dead Space on the rails of being a good game left to form sledgehammer.

I don't know if I entirely agree with that. I hated Dead Space 3 but it reeks of EA management interference to me so whilst maybe it would have turned out bad regardless I'm not so sure tbh.

Deadbeat

Banned
I don't know if I entirely agree with that. I hated Dead Space 3 but it reeks of EA management interference to me so whilst maybe it would have turned out bad regardless I'm not so sure tbh.
A little of column A and and a little of column B. But that also adds to the point that how do you expect Dead Space 4 to be any good if its going to experience EA meddling?

mbmonk

BF1 and BF2 had major issues upon release. I can't remember about Bad Company games.

So many of the games have had issues. I don't think it's being overly dramatic. It's been the series' history, sadly.

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYgXTMUalnU
Yeah that must be it!

Just like every time a thread went up about the problems that BF4 had, there were people claiming the game was perfect after the first week.
It's okay to be optimistic, but let's not go crazy here. Even though I have a lot more faith in Visceral than I do in Dice these days, they still have to work with the same shitty Frostbite engine and all the problems that it brings with it.
That's the sad truth to all this.

I'm not saying its not going to come with its problems. I'm saying that its unlikely that we will get something like BF4.

I'm not even optimistic for the game, hell, I'm not even buying it day 1. I just acknowledge that its not going to be another BF4.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
A little of column A and and a little of column B. But that also adds to the point that how do you expect Dead Space 4 to be any good if its going to experience EA meddling?

I guess a part of me would hope EA learned their lesson but....yeah I know :p

Top Bottom