• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront 3 footage leaked (LucasArts version by First Assault team)

I doubt EA would even want the license.

They get full revenue from Battlefield. Why put DICE on a shared revenue game?

Lets be honest, it really wouldn't take that much work to re-skin Battlefield 3's assets to Star Wars. They could probably spit it out in 6-8 months.

JackHerer

That looked like it could have been a really fun game. I really hope Disney actually does contract other developers to make new games in the Star Wars universe. So much potential there. Hasn't been a genuinely good Star Wars game in a long time.

I am weeping as I type this..

that video looked like Battlefield Star Wars OMG!!

Disney, EA, and DICE need to make Battlefront 3 happen!!!!

Does anyone know why they decided to shut down Lucasarts? It just seems like such an oddball idea.

Unless... they secretly rehired them all and formed an black studio and are making a new Battlefront game in secret and occasionally, they'll leak material to see what the world thinks.

DatDude

Banned
Just watched the footage. Looked surprisingly fun and solid.

Really makes me curious why this wasn't released? Did the previous battlefronts fail sales wise?

Really makes me wonder if somehow this can be completed via kickstarter? Because we definitely need more games like this. :(

Battlefront III was a fucking shoe in for this generation. I can't believe they FUCKED IT UP TWICE. Holy shit. What a bummer.

Edit: Also, "Version Two" looked really fucking good. Ugh, my heart can't take this punishment anymore :(

sn00zer

Does anyone know why they decided to shut down Lucasarts? It just seems like such an oddball idea.

Unless... they secretly rehired them all and formed an black studio and are making a new Battlefront game in secret and occasionally, they'll leak material to see what the world thinks.

Look at there output the past 8 years...literally nothing but sub par Star Wars games....

Loxley

Just watched the footage. Looked surprisingly fun and solid.

Really makes me curious why this wasn't released? Did the previous battlefronts fail sales wise?

Really makes me wonder if somehow this can be completed via kickstarter? Because we definitely need more games like this. :(

Battlefront 2 was the best-selling Star Wars game ever if I'm not mistaken.

Toa TAK

Banned
A few people here are suggesting kickstarter, but if that were to happen, what would be the legal ramifications of it all?

And that video makes me weep, looks incredible. Just needs a good polish.

MrT-Tar

I loved the battlefront games.

I guess the downside of what happened to Bayonetta 2 is that just a little part of me is expecting Nintendo to come in and save games like this. If only this was the case...

Six months later, Disney shut down LucasArts. All games in production were cancelled.

i8i2FFTnkqrDW.gif

StUnNeR H2K

I'm still amazed a Battlefront game was not released this gen. Was probably one of my favorite games on the original XBOX.

wwm0nkey

So what would be the chances of the team getting back together and having Disney letting them finish these games....please say it can happen :(

demolitio

Actually looked pretty good. It's still amazing to me that they couldn't get BFIII together for so many years when it would have been a huge success to them if it was even halfway decent.

I actually installed Battlefront 2 recently to play some mods and remember the good old days.

NeededSleep

Pls someone pick up this license! ive had so much fun playing this series with friends over the years. We have been waiting for a new one for such a long time. ;_;

Jibbed

Why is it so hard to give the people what they actually want?

This x9999999.

Battlefront III is pretty much a guaranteed success, whether it's XBLA/PSN-based or a fully-fledged title.

Same goes for TimeSplitters 4. God knows why these two franchises didn't make the jump across generations.

DatDude

Banned
This x9999999.

Battlefront III is pretty much a guaranteed success, whether it's XBLA/PSN-based or a fully-fledged title.

Same goes for TimeSplitters 4. God knows why these two franchises didn't make the jump across generations.

Um, why time splitters?

From what I understand the game never sold all that well, and was more of a niche thing.

DatDude

Banned
I think we need to put serious Internet pressure on Disney to liscense battlefront to a top tier developer.

Twitter bomb them, do a petition?

Idk. Maybe give them some sign that there are many, many, MANY people out there who would be willing to pay for this game.

i-Lo

Looks right up DICE's alley. Given the "licensing model" Disnay has adopted, perhaps EA could pick it up and give it their beloved money generator.

Demon Ice

Banned
God...dammit...fucking Disney.

All I ever wanted were KOTOR 3 and Battlefront 3.

And now I'll probably never get either.

Fuck you, Disney. You're supposed to bring happiness into people's lives.

That video looked fantastic. Getting into an X wing with the Star Destroyer overhead...gah.

U2NUMB

Disney.. just let DICE do a version with Frostbite and call it a day. Also EA stay the fuck away from it please.

Ghazi

So should we start a petition over this to show Disney that people want it (maybe like 1 mil signatures or some other high number) or something?

Top Bottom