• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome Leaked Trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sure feels like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in here.

Fury Sense

It's clearly a fan-made trailer. Whether the scenes themselves is legit is questionable. They didn't even get Bill's nationality right. Not to mention the character looks nothing like the Adama from flashbacks in the main series. I would expect them to at least try to match a little bit.

AGAINST!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
honestly only the ending was terrible. the whole angels and kara the friendly ghost shit was bad. other than that the last season was pretty good.
That is the best thing I've ever heard, haha.

But sorry, fourth and third seasons both suck.

esai

just-bring-it-b-h-o.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Disagree on all accounts. This is like the same shit that is going on with Mass Effect 3. People hated the ending so the rest of the series turns to shit? Give me a break.

Have to agree. Season 4 wasn't bad. The ending was kinda poopy, but the whole series was damn good.

I'm SO ready for this.

I must be only one who liked season 4 (overall) more than season 3. First few episodes of season 3 were especially amazing, but I'll never forgive season 3 for being when they completely butchered Kara.

I don't care who made it, that was 10 times better than the forth season of BSG. Scifi channel, get off your damn asses and unleash this thing!

squidyj

HEY GUYS, HOPE YOU MODERN DAY PEOPLE DON'T GO TREATING ROBOTS LIKE THEY DID IN THIS SHOW *WINK*

By the way we're angels. Trololol

Is that what you got from it? cuz there was a homeless guy in there too who was pretty important to the whole ethos of the entire show.

Valravn

Using the version of Immigrant Song by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross doesnt make your trailer automatically awesome im afraid.

Is this for real?

Yes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704292/

See the familiar faces?

BSG Season 1 was amazing.

BSG Season 2 was superb.

BSG Season 3 was...acceptable.

BSG Season 4 was terrible.

Caprica was utter shit.

...see a trend developing here?

<insert beating a dead horse gif here>

IMO BSG was fine until the horrendous ending and caprica was mildly interesting but a second season would have made it easier to judge the overall storyline.

Fury Sense

It's not a fan made trailer. It's an official trailer that Scifi showed at WonderCon over the weekend.

How can this be??? It's so bad!

810WT.jpg

BjfD5.png

^^ Look at that quality... wtf is that? And the whole trailer was just a Dragon Tattoo trailer ripoff even with the same Zeppelin cover... that's the kind of thing fans do...

CiSTM

Banned
Loved the first two seasons of BSG and even the later seasons had their moments. Ronald D. Moore just needs to forget religion all together.

Anyway trailer was kinda awful but that is just due to editing and bad effects. Other vise I think this is going to be awesome! Oh and stop using those fucking awful cover songs, go for the original or make something new. It was bad enough when they were playing that god awful All Along the Watchtower cover in the original series.

edit. Is D. Moore even part of this project?

Chuckie

What's with the BSG ending hate? I thought it was pretty good =/

I liked it too. But I am not discussing that anymore on GAF.

Back to the trailer...

dat first shot

lol.jpg

Please tell me this is unfinished. This looks worse than CGI Jabba in A New Hope.

Much like Mass Effect 3, the way BSG ended has it so I have no interest in anything else in this franchise. Leave it 5 years then reboot it with a completely different creative staff, tone and continuity.

CiSTM

Banned
I liked it too. But I am not discussing that anymore on GAF.

Back to the trailer...

dat first shot

lol.jpg

Please tell me this is unfinished. This looks worse than CGI Jabba in A New Hope.
I really hope it's unfinished. Did the original show even use that much CGI? Hangar always looked like it had tons of props instead of CGI. Tho, after shows like Broadwalk Empire and Game of Thrones you really can't be sure whats CGI and whats real.

I really hope it's unfinished. Did the original show even use that much CGI? Hangar always looked like it had tons of props instead of CGI. Tho, after shows like Broadwalk Empire and Game of Thrones you really can't be sure whats CGI and whats real.

BSG was filled with digital set extensions, this new show is going for a shiny bloom look (making everything look fake) so they can be lazy with it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Honestly I've enjoyed mostly everything about BSG (including S3/4 and Caprica despite their issues). So I'm looking forward to this; despite the trailer doing little for me at this point in time.:/

Amagon

Based on the leaked footage off this terribad fan made trailer, I'm ok with this. Though I'm not too keen on the actor playing Adama, it has to better than Caprica.

I actually liked Caprica, well maybe the last half of it.

Explosions and Tits is still a better and more appropriate name.

I think it looks awesome though...but definitely trying to appeal to the people who were turned off by Caprica's slowness and BSG's lack of pew pew in later seasons. Oh and that whole religion thing I guess.

Hope Zoe shows up!

I can't believe I'm going to go on the defensive about BSG's ending again. Meh, I'll keep it short.

See; Lords of Kobol (and Kobol's history), the One True 'God', the splitting of the thirteen tribes and every piece of lore in the show from beginning to end.

Then, if you didn't watch the show back in the day, go and spend two minutes reading about the Ship of Lights in the original series.

CiSTM

Banned
WoW UK comedy is bad.
You just don't understand it because it's more sophisticated.

PEGGY HILL: What we're about to see is British comedy. You may not understand all of it at first, because it's more sophisticated than what we're used to.

BOBBY HILL: That man is wearing a dress.

PEGGY HILL: Exactly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't think it's fake. Bear McCreary's even tweeted about it.

Bear McCreary &#8207; @bearmccreary
Wow! Wanna see what "BSG: Blood & Chrome" looks like? You'll still have to wait to hear what it sounds like though :)

Yes, "Blood and Chrome" looks incredible. But I must admit... It sounds even better. Can't wait for you all to experience it.

Another glowing review of that "Blood and Chrome" trailer, this time from @io9!

bengraven

It's going to be so good. Even if it's as weak as season 4 it will be better than every sci-fi show of the last decade.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sounds like they're going "Sanctuary" with this. So much Green Screen/Virtual Set.

That's one way to save money...

But if the clips are from a 2 hour movie...there's alot of pew pew pew. Maybe it's my eyes, or viewing it on an ipad, but the battles and ships don't look that bad. The worst is just that "Adama" and Viper shot.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pretty much what I expected after Caprica, "ACTIONACTIONACTION!!!1111!!" and load of CGI instead of physical sets.

Expectations are so low though that there's still the possibility of being surprised. At least Moore is nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom