• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battletech |KS| Turn-based tactical mech combat, Harebrained Schemes, Summer 2017

Lime

Pre-order: https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Beta coming June 1st

Steam page
GOG page

Gameplay footage of upcoming backer beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

Summary of game features
  • Turn-based tactical 'Mech combat based on Battletech, the universe behind Mechwarrior and Mechcommander
  • Singleplayer campaign
  • Mech customization and load outs
  • Mission planning
  • Mercenary recruitment & levelling
  • Procedurally generated side-missions (reached!)
  • PvP (reached)

Description
>>> WHAT
BATTLETECH is a single-player, turn-based, tactical 'Mech combat game for PC. (And Mac and Linux!) The game may also include PVP multiplayer if enough funding is reached - more on that below.

>>> WHERE
The BattleTech Universe is one of near-constant warfare and feudal political intrigue, where great noble houses vie for dominance of a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. It's a universe of flawed heroes, fallen empires and grey moral realities. Great families vie for supremacy, with alliances and betrayals constantly shifting the balance of power.

>>> WHEN
Our BATTLETECH game is set in the popular 3025 Succession Wars Era of the BattleTech Universe - often referred to as "Classic BattleTech".

Screenshots from March build
battletech_mar27_screen04.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen05.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen06.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen02.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen03.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen01.jpg
battletech_mar27_screen03.jpg

Kickstarter Goals

uumZxcN.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Rewards & Tiers

Concept art

d1rtn4p

Really disappointed with the lack of a boxed collector's edition. Super bummed because I wanted a box to keep my old Crescent Hawk boxes company :(

Memory

Slightly disappointed all the decent KS rewards start from $1000. I had $300 set aside for this but here is nothing i want at any tier between $50-$1000.

Anyway backed at $50, seems to be off to a nice start.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sold, backed for 50. Loved Mechwarrior growing up, really loved Front Mission, Shadowrun was done super well, this is a no brainer.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
In the it took me to watch the pitch video it earned $100K.

Holy. Shit.

In for $50. Might up it if they add more digital tiers. I give no fucks for physical goods.

kiyoaki

Nice beard, Mitch.

I chipped in $25 for now. But the e-novel tier looks tempting... This will get to 250000 in no time at all.

Done. More than happy to back this but I really hope the million goal gets hit without any trouble. I've had my fill of story-less Battletech with MWO.

Lime

Still updating the OP, if anyone has a quick summary in bulletpoints I'll add it as quickly as possible.

kiyoaki

Slightly disappointed all the decent KS rewards start from $1000. I had $300 set aside for this but here is nothing i want at any tier between $50-$1000.

Anyway backed at $50, seems to be off to a nice start.
Perhaps they'll add a few more tiers in two weeks or so, like they did with Shadowrun HK.

Dennis

Banned
I was always most fond of the classic Heavy 70-75 ton mechs like Marauder, Warhammer and Archer.

Can't deny the 75 ton Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) Clan mech looked super cool as well.

Decado

Thus far, pretty disappointed.

If the KS doesn't reach 1m not interested. I just don't care about a skirmish game. And quite honestly, it is the 1.85m goal that would probably make me want to play the game.

Also...only controlling four mechs? No support vehicles?

I was going to pledge right away, but I'm hesitant right now.

I was always most fond of the classic Heavy 70-75 ton mechs like Marauder, Warhammer and Archer.

Can't deny the 75 ton Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) Clan mech looked super cool as well.

There's a reason they made the Mad Cat the mascot.

Agreed more generally as well. The Heavies are formidable looking, but not as blocky as most of the Assaults.

Snaku

Banned

If the KS doesn't reach 1m not interested. I just don't care about a skirmish game. And quite honestly, it is the 1.85m goal that would probably make me want to play the game.

Also...only controlling four mechs?

The more people who pledge early only builds the hype and gets more people to jump in. They don't collect until the end of the campaign so you can always back out in a few weeks if it appears that they won't make the stretch goals you'd like. But backing now will only help them reach those goals.

Arulan

I'm in. Harebrained Schemes has proven themselves, and Battletech is too good to pass up.

I hope they take advantage of the fact it's PC/Linux/Mac only to deliver a great user-interface.

Effect

Backed for $50. I've enjoyed the Battletech a number of novels and the few Mechwarrior related games I've played. More importantly this team has done other games so I have confidence they can deliver here. Also getting new work from Michael A. Stackpole is always a treat. I really enjoyed his writing.

As I usually do with Kickstarters, I first looked to see whether there were rewards with limited numbers. Saw the lowest priced of these was $1,000...

200.gif

HBS just sent out an update for Hong Kong to remind everyone that they're still working on patches and new content.

They're good at this kickstarter thing.

What's with the apostrophe before mech? :p
I believe it's because they're technically "Battlemechs," so the apostrophe signifies the dropped "Battle."

Also...only controlling four mechs? No support vehicles?

Given how well it's doing already and their past successes, I really don't see this Kickstarter not reaching at least 1.85 million.

Watching the kickstarter video... Can't stop Crying from being so happy and throwing money at the screen...

I only wish I could get back my 120$ that went down the mechwarrior tactics drain... To give the to these guys...

Edit: 30$ postage to finland.. Umm have to ponder how much I want that stuff.. I would love to have the davion patch though for my jacket... But is it worth 105$, i don't know man... With my current income :F

Top Bottom