• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradox partners with Harebrained Schemes to publish Battletech

Lime

Trailer with new footage and cinematics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfM9otjBSII

And a Backer Beta: Multiplayer Gameplay video was just posted as well!

Learn more about BattleTech here: http://pdxint.at/2pCwtgA
Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes Partner to Publish BATTLETECH.

The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of `Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war.

BATTLETECH was successfully Kickstarted in November 2015, and now Paradox is providing a full loadout of publishing support in BATTLETECH's march to launch.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I want the backer beta so bad....I was really hoping it would hit before this month as work is starting to get really crazy....

I hope it's going to run as well on my 2015 Macbook as the Shadowrun games did.

Seems like there's more going on in Battletech.

Helznicht

What excitement I had for this was lost in that multiplayer beta-backer vid.

1) decides to make a battletech game.
2) want to use license to make it nostalgic and draw in fans.
3) keep turnbase system for that authentic tabletop feel.
4) dont like tabletop rules so goes and adjusts them so they make it not battletech.

Ya know, BT is over 30 years old with MANY revisions to the rules. I play it table top from time to time, and balance is tight, its just mathy, something the PC streamlines. Why try to streamline it and rebalance it further?

Steel

Banned

4) dont like tabletop rules so goes and adjusts them so they make it not battletech.

Ya know, BT is over 30 years old with MANY revisions to the rules. I play it table top from time to time, and balance is tight, its just mathy, something the PC streamlines. Why try to streamline it and rebalance it further?

Honestly, what's the point in copying tabletop rules when tabletop already exists?

Quasar

Honestly, what's the point in copying tabletop rules when tabletop already exists?

Because you can't solo a tabletop game (or play when you have no one local to play against). It's why I love all those digital board games on iPad.

I'm still really interested in this game though. And happy to see Paradox publishing. Probably my favourite publisher.

4Tran

The problem is that Battletech is 30 years old and 30 years ago game design wasn't much of a thing. The underlying mechanics of the game are unbalanced, and they will continue to be unbalanced without a massive revision of the ruleset. Game design in board games has come along in a huge way in the last few years so it makes a lot of sense to take advantage of all of that innovation.

Top Bottom