• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battletech |KS| Turn-based tactical mech combat, Harebrained Schemes, Summer 2017

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Steam page for this game has system requirements.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BattleTech/

For Windows:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i3 3210 3.20GHz or AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i5 3450 3.10GHz or AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

EDIT These are week old now but thought i'd post them anyway.

Man these are weak. I'll need to downsample 4K to get my 1070 to wake up.

Steam page for this game has system requirements.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BattleTech/

For Windows:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i3 3210 3.20GHz or AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7850

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i5 3450 3.10GHz or AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

EDIT These are week old now but thought i'd post them anyway.

I can handle these.

Nete

No Multiplayer on Beta release, will be patched in later.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1895012

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words about our last Kickstarter Update and gameplay video - seeing your reactions and excitement means the world to us, especially when we're in the thick of things.

The whole team here is really excited to get the Backer Beta into your hands on June 1st. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks, we've been working through some significant multiplayer connectivity issues and as of yesterday, we don't believe multiplayer will be stable enough for release by June 1st. Therefore, the June 1st release will contain single-player Skirmish mode ONLY, and we will update the Beta with PvP multiplayer as soon as it's ready. No time estimate on that yet but we'll keep you posted.

We're bummed that we're not releasing multiplayer simultaneously with single-player Skirmish (especially since we've been having so much fun competing with each other at the office, and telling you guys all about it!) but sometimes the soup just needs a little more time on the stove. As always, we'll continue to keep you informed, and we still can't wait for you to be able to go hands-on against the AI in Skirmish mode on the 1st.

Expect another Kickstarter update next week with more specific information about how to get your Beta key. In the meantime, since we're getting down to the wire, we thought we'd proactively answer a bunch of your questions in advance of the Backer Beta release with this FAQ.

Thanks and happy hunting!
Mitch

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Saw this update the other day. Totally fine by me. Don't much care for multiplayer. Just being able to play the game is great.

itshappening.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...etech/posts/1900199?ref=backer_project_update

Distributing 25,000 Steam keys into BackerKit accounts will take hours, so please be patient! WHEN YOUR BETA KEY LANDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WILL GET A NOTIFICATION EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM BACKERKIT.

Instructions for getting your Steam Key from your BackerKit account, downloading the game, and how to play the game are located in your Backer Beta PDF Manual (which you can start studying up on while you're waiting for your notification email from BackerKit to arrive!) Since this isn't the finished game, our Backer Beta does not include an in-game tutorial. You'll likely have way more fun and be able to give us better feedback if you understand how things work, so it's highly recommended that you review the PDF Manual before your first game.

BTW, you can also view the manual in-game at any time by clicking the ”Help" button on the Main Menu.

PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/wrecking-mechs-on-battletechs-tactical-battlefields/

With all these tactical considerations and customisation options, BattleTech seems pretty clever, but nothing is as satisfying as the simple pleasure of watching two mechs box. “In the 25 years we’ve been doing computer versions of BattleTech and MechWarrior, we’ve never been able to have a mech throw a punch before,” says Weisman, grinning. “Now we can.”

From their update email-
What We Need From You
We hope you enjoy this first taste of our BATTLETECH game and we want to learn from your experiences playing it. So what do we need? MEASURABLE DATA! After EACH battle, you’ll get the opportunity to give us your feedback in a short 1-page survey on a variety of topics - controls, audio, AI, maps, tactics, and more - so be sure to take as many surveys as possible.

And plan to fill out the same survey more than once! We fully expect your answers to change over time (that’s an important part of the feedback process) so don’t skip a survey because you’ve seen the questions before. This is the best, most helpful way to positively impact the project and help us make the game better for everyone. (Yes, it’s even more helpful than reporting bugs.)

The other way to get us your feedback is to join the BATTLETECH Forum. The Backer Beta Discussion sub-forum is the place where you can expand on your experiences playing the game and share your constructive criticism with others. While the dev team won’t respond to feedback or engage in debates, we’ll definitely be reading and learning from your conversations.
Much respect and literal music to the ears. An incredible strategy and a winning combo with this team!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yup just got it.

34873818122_be326672f0_o.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine, and can't wait to start playing when I get home. Looks like EXACTLY what I want. HBS are fucking KILLING everything they have made recently.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Got smoked in my first skirmish, Trebuchet flanked me and caused all kinds of problems.

AI seems pretty good on first blush.

Memory

Note to self, don't fall over or expect a mech boot to the face.

Very happy with the mechanics and feel of the game, the mech movement and models and damage in particular are amazing.

Going to play around a little more to give more feedback then uninstall and wait for the full game otherwise i'll play it in to the ground lol.

Memory

My only issue is the setting menu being inactive so i can't play around with my set-up. Its coming in a update so its cool.

I recommend reading the manual, 1. because they actually bothered to do one unlike most games now adays. 2. It will help your understanding of the systems a little better for optimal play.

One last game before i prep for Tekken 7.

nubbe

First round was pretty rough since the game didn't play at all like I expected.

Round 2 went much better since I figured out how the markers around the enemy mechs tell you if you can hit it with the weapons.

Kinda wonky UI I must say. Pretty fun anyways.
Gonna make a list of feedback when I've played a few more hours

Steel

Banned
Holy crap the loading screens take forever. But I love the look of the loading screen. Visuals are on point, now to eventually let this loading screen finish and find out how it plays.

Edit: I think my first attempt at loading skirmish has resulted in an infinite loading screen. Loading screen has been so long that the music stopped. Definitely an alpha.

nubbe

Holy crap the loading screens take forever. But I love the look of the loading screen. Visuals are on point, now to eventually let this loading screen finish and find out how it plays.

Loaded in a few seconds with my m.2 950 Pro

Woorloog

Banned
First match, took 16 rounds (47 minutes). Beat the AI 4-0, with no serious damage on my side.
The AI gave perfect example of defeat in detail by sending 'Mechs attacking my battle line one at a time. Hope that isn't the norm.

Runs surprisingly badly, mere 25-40 FPS (high variability depending on what's on the screen) at 1080p, high presets. R9 390, Core i5 6600K, 16GB RAM. Presumably this is due to Unity engine and the game's unfinished state. EDIT Depends on the map as well. Another map runs closer to 50 FPS while not much on screen.
Though low performance in a turn-based game isn't a terribly big deal.

Looks reasonably pretty. Kinda stylized. Water splash was nice. Weapon sounds effects the LRMs aside feel a bit weak.

Music was rather subdued. Not sure if the track or general style. Hope the full soundtrack has some rock or metal as well, suited MechWarriors pretty well.

Wish exact heat (and stability) amounts were visible. Don't like bar graphs, not reliable enough.

Determining range while moving is... actually, how the hell do you tell?
As a result, using mixed range generalist like the Shadow Hawk is difficult. Not inaccurate, happens in the tabletop game as well but not nice either. Probably should've taken multi-shot-capable pilot.

Using melee is awkward because the game doesn't always seem to be showing the potential attack directions. Don't like that i can't move my 'Mech manually with move command and then use melee; as it is melee option is only allowed if an enemy is at normal movement distance at the start of the turn.
I do like the melee animations a lot though, and the idea of allowing small weapons to attack with melee is brilliant.

That's just some thoughts for now.

Top Bottom