• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BATWOMAN |OT| Soldiering On, Fighting Crime, & Kissing Dames with Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
DC need to release a large format collection of JH Williams pencils/inks. Shit would look AMAZING.

Jenga

Banned
Spike Spiegel said:
In costume or out, Kate Kane is someone who doesn't see the sun much. Realistically, neither does Bruce Wayne.
but he doesn't have the milky white skin of a goth

Jenga said:
but he doesn't have the milky white skin of a goth
Depends on the colorist really; some render Bruce as being pale, some don't. Also, Kate's a natural redhead and they are normally pale skinned to begin with; couple that with several years of sleeping all day and partying all night, followed by another year or two of sleeping all day and fighting crime all night, and you've only exacerbated the situation.

This week's releases from DC Comics are carrying a 5-page Batwoman #1 preview. It's the same pages we've already seen, but fully colored and worded this time. And still gorgeous.

bw_1_preview_final-2.jpg

bw_1_preview_final-3_4.jpg

bw_1_preview_final-5_6.jpg

Source

Ephemeris

At one point, Batwoman (in Detective Comics) was the best Bat-Book period. Hyped for this one.

And yeah, she's in DCU Online as well.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anticitizen One said:
Are batwoman comics available on the DC app store? The art style of this book would look so nice on the new white ipads.

Just dropped in to ask this question.

tim1138

God Williams artwork is so beautiful. The writing could be absolute drivel (which it isn't) and I would still buy it just to gawk at the art.

Satch

Banned
HOLY SH--

Great Hera, the artwork...

The artwork just...

Great winds of Mercury, I need to get into buying comics. Batwoman, at least. I could stare at those panels for hours on end.

I don't want to make the leap because it can get to be an expensive habit but I think I actually need this.

tim1138

Satchwar said:
HOLY SH--

Great Hera, the artwork...

The artwork just...

Great winds of Mercury, I need to get into buying comics. Batwoman, at least. I could stare at those panels for hours on end.

I don't want to make the leap because it can get to be an expensive habit but I think I actually need this.

Thankfully DC books are only $2.99 now, so if you only read a couple it's not too big of an investment.

Anticitizen One said:
Are batwoman comics available on the DC app store? The art style of this book would look so nice on the new white ipads.
neojubei said:
Just dropped in to ask this question.
I can't answer this because I don't own an Apple device. Would be nice if someone could, just look for Detective Comics #854 through the DC Comics app.

bengraven

Finally, in all the comics threads a superhero book that has BEAUTIFUL art and reads incredibly well and adult. THESE are the kinds of comics I wanted years ago and when they became rare I stopped collecting.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand ONE F*CKING DAY after previews for Batwoman #1 are released...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/03/dc-comics-postpones-batwoman-debut-again/

Even as DC Comics previewed Batwoman #1 on Wednesday, word circulated online that the publisher has again canceled orders for the first two issues for resolicitation at a later date.

The move, revealed Tuesday in an email to retailers and confirmed by Comics on the Green and The Launchpad, marks the second delay in as many months. The highly anticipated series, by J.H. Williams III, W. Haden Blackman and Amy Reeder, previously had been set to debut in February. But in January, the publisher rescheduled the first issue for April — a date that appears in sneak peek included in this week’s DC titles.

Although Batwoman, which spins out of Williams and Greg Rucka’s acclaimed run on Detective Comics, was widely expected to debut last summer, Williams explained in January that was never the case.

“February had been decided on the launch date by the company with reservations about that from me,” he wrote on his blog. “I felt that was a bit too soon in a realistic look at work progression. One of the reasons for this was that I had been seriously committed to making appearances around the world over this past year. I think maybe 3 months or more of work loss occurred during that time. I kept trying to point this out whenever discussions about schedule came up. When first discussing the launch date earlier last year we had originally wanted April 2011, and now ironically that is what we have. Only after solicits stating otherwise, causing some unnecessary frustrations.”
Not. Happy. >:|

Satchwar said:
Nooooooooo! :mad:

Figures that this would happen with the first comic I want to get into. Just my luck. D:
Go read the back issues in Detective. Actually, a trade was released. It's so fucking amazing...

Dead

well not really...yet
Whatever. Its worth it.

Considering some of the hacks pencilling DC comics today, Ill gladly wait extra months for something quality

akira28

The artwork in this book is amazing. I wanted to hate BatWoman. I believed she wasn't necessary. But yeah the artwork is hot and sexy and mesmerizing. I can't resist just gawking at the characters, especially the freaky and phantasmagorical female villains.

I think it's hilarious, the history of the character, basically created by some 1950s homophobe's troll. "LOL your so uber-gay because your not always banging hot chicks LOL. Plus ur always dressing in that tight, tight spandex..." Too bad this was before the Troll Regulation Act of 2015, when it became legal to shoot people like this dead on the spot.

Spike Spiegel said:
I can't answer this because I don't own an Apple device. Would be nice if someone could, just look for Detective Comics #854 through the DC Comics app.

So far ONLY 854 is on the DC store on iPhone/iPad. :(

Dead said:
Whatever. Its worth it.

Considering some of the hacks pencilling DC comics today, Ill gladly wait extra months for something quality

Maybe, but... delayed the same day DC previewed it in all its books for the week? That's just fucking embarassing.

Source (Comics Alliance)

Following last week's surprise news that Batwoman #1 would not go on sale April 6 as previously indicated, series co-writer and illustrator J.H. Williams III has released a statement of reassurance that declines to actually explain the delay. However, the superlative artist did promise readers that all is well behind-the-scenes and that work continues on what is quickly becoming the most anticipated new series DC Comics has released in years.

A seemingly disappointed but no less determined J.H. Williams III took to his blog on Saturday to discuss the situation, offering no answers for the scheduling setbacks but plenty of background details for everyone who's curious to know how this most idiosyncratic project is progressing.
Well, its obvious to many that Batwoman's release has been pushed back yet again. This was not our choice, and as to why, I'm not at liberty to really discuss. So the release may be farther away now, but be assured that work is still commencing. The upside to a later release means that gives us plenty of time to get a lot of issues done. Amy [Reeder] has turned in some variant cover work for the series and has shown us thumbnails for issue 6, looks really nice. So while I'm moving forward, she is too, we'll have my arc done and hers well on it's way to completion by the time this thing rolls out. The only real downside is that solicits were pulled on us twice, making readers heads spin, wish that didn't happen, but it has, lets just make the best of it. I'm fast approaching the middle of issue 3's interior art, Haden and I've started working on script for issue 8, the first 5 covers are done, and Dave [Stewart] has had issue 2 in his hands for his special magic touch.
As a special treat for unhappy fans, Williams revealed (quite naughtily, really, given the rather formal unveiling of new artwork practiced by most comics publishers) the theretofore unseen cover of Batwoman #3. To sweeten the consolation, Williams provided not just the finished piece, but also the sketch, black-and-white and logo-less stages of his illustration.
4LdCP.jpg
(Click source link to see the cover's creation process)

So... coloring for issue #2 was still being worked on, Williams is still working on issue #3 interiors (which given the recently canceled solicitation schedule, would have been offered for June), and he says that by the time #1 is offered again his arc will be in the can and Amy's will be close to done as well.

End of year or early 2012? :\

Just wanted to say I read the Batwoman: Elegy and it was pretty darn good. The art (obviously) was fantastic.

Would love to read more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom