• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kintaro said:
Rent it and beat it. Then , in a month and a half when it drops $20-30, decide if you liked it enough to buy.

Really not that difficult. =P
this is one of those games that I'd really rather buy. ;)

Minamu said:
No preorder? Thanks to some deals, mine is already paid off except for 1 SEK (10 cents or so). I thought you of all people would have this in the bag :)
in Australia, at least, there's never any point to pre-ordering. there's always a store around that has a million copies of a new release sitting on their shelves on day one waiting to be picked up. :)

Peff

oh and the ending... is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in game form

That's a pretty good way to put it, yes :lol Everything in the game is the cream of the crop. Heck, I even liked the art, the environments look and feel great.

Dartastic

Kintaro said:
Then buy it when it's cheaper. =P

I have a problem; Gamefly says that they haven't received Borderlands yet. I was planning on getting it via GF and buying it that way because I'm so poor. However, if they don't ship it the DAY it comes out... I might just have to take a trip to Gamestop or Best Buy. GAH!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nakazato said:
any imports in the thread? wanted to know how if the ps3 port is worth buying
response seems to be alright from people who have actually played the full game.

from the last page:
Segata said:
This game is crazy fucking awesome. The PS3 version definitely looks worse than the 360 version, but you shouldn't let that stop you from buying it if you only have a PS3. I'm having a great time!

depending on how sensitive you are to some notable tech issue, ymmv

Raxus

Rez said:
response seems to be alright from people who have actually played the full game.

from the last page:

depending on how sensitive you are to some notable tech issue, ymmv
Ignoring the BS IGN review. Most have said that the game is fantastic even if the PS3 isn't the "superior" version it would still be a blast to play. So like Rez said it just depends how much load times and hiccups would change the experience for you. From what I played on the PS3 demo it didn't bug me in the least.

Blueblur1

Kintaro said:
Rent it and beat it. Then , in a month and a half when it drops $20-30, decide if you liked it enough to buy.

Really not that difficult. =P
This is good advice. I just bought a ton of games during the holidays (deals FTW) so I don't really need to spend another $60. I'd like to support Platinum Games but daddy's got bills to pay. Will rent instead.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Fwiw I got my copy this afternoon for ps3 and I took a tiny break from arkham asylum to check it out. Made it through the first level and so far it runs great. Loading so far has never ruined the flow and graphics are top notch (obviously without a direct comparison). I'll probably get to it proper by tomorrow or Monday but 45 minutes with it I can honestly tell ps3 only people not to worry. I actually went for the ps3 version over 360 because of controller, trophies, well all of that and my 360 is really going to die any day now. Gritted my teeth hoping it didn't bite me in the ass on the way home but so far I honestly don't get what the big deal is aside from the BS that it's not a 1:1 port like it should be these days.

Anyways, just my two cents.

Edit - like I said, I haven't seen the 360 version at all. It could be 1000 times better for all I know. I just know what I've played so far was pretty freaking cool and IMHO was gorgeous.

BeeDog

I tried to suppress this game from my mind because of the sloppy PS3 port, but all these great impressions are making me think twice about it. Will try the PS3 demo tomorrow and see what the fuss is about; if the technical issues don't bother me too much, I'm ordering this sucker.

Just went on a hunt for this. No luck :( It sucks because I'm going away on the 8th so I'll only be able to play this for 3 days and then not again until I get back on the 15th.

Miburou

So no one has answered mu question. What was the "extras" menu option all about that was in the PS3 demo (but locked out) but not the the 360 one?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Miburou said:
So no one has answered mu question. What was the "extras" menu option all about that was in the PS3 demo (but locked out) but not the the 360 one?
fairly sure that's in both of the retail games. there's no content difference between either version, they're both identical, in that regard. it's just a bonus content menu.

Jigsaw

Banned
Miburou said:

nothing special,you can see your trophy requirements and after completion view artworks and 3d character models....you also can listen to all music tracks (no movie theater though,besides the lets dance boys clip)

Is the PS3's full version better than the demo?

Because I own both PS3 and 360 and tried the demo on both, and the 360 version was much MUCH better in terms of framerate. The 360 version was also a lot brighter.

I only played the full game on 360, so I can't make the comparison.

and again game's really epic! This is a must buy for action fans even if you don't like some of the over the top shenanigans that occur.

careksims

viewtiful_dru said:
I just beat the game, and I have to say, it's not worth $60

its worth $240

Ahhh don't say that! HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE through the roof!

5il3nc3r

Downloading the demo. Think the the issue withe the ps3 port can be ironed out with a future patch? They sound minor enough.

5il3nc3r said:
Downloading the demo. Think the the issue withe the ps3 port can be ironed out with a future patch? They sound minor enough.
The framerate and tearing, probably no. The only thing that has even being suggested as "Sega might be looking into" is a patch to help with the outrageous load times.

andymcc

Banned
viewtiful_dru said:
I just beat the game, and I have to say, it's not worth $60

its worth $240

never read more encouraging words in my life.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
finally got around to redownloading the 360 demo after having played the PS3 demo every now and then over the past month.

I really do prefer the 360 controller for this game, it's weird. The RT dodge just feels so right.

andymcc

Banned
Rez said:
finally got around to redownloading the 360 demo after having played the PS3 demo every now and then over the past month.

I really do prefer the 360 controller for this game, it's weird. The RT dodge just feels so right.

i usually prefer the ps3 controller for third-person action games, but you're absolutely right. it feels that the game was obviously designed for the 360 in mind.

twenty1

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I uh...started Viewtiful Joe for the first time.

Oh yeah I can't get Bayonetta just yet cause I gotta get my brake pads replaced first. Shame.

VJ is such awesomeness.....welcome to what this developer is about!

remz

andymcc said:
i usually prefer the ps3 controller for third-person action games, but you're absolutely right. it feels that the game was obviously designed for the 360 in mind.
Yep, massive difference between playing something like this compared to say, DMC4

Something I've been wondering: why was the Xbox 360 Bayonetta's lead platform?

It's a really strange decision considering it's a niche Japanese action game, they knew the PS3 version would sell better in Japan, Kamiya had previously only worked on Sony and Nintendo platforms; it just seems like an odd choice. Have they ever gone on record and said why? Ease of development?

a Master Ninja said:

It's a really strange decision considering it's a niche Japanese action game, they knew the PS3 version would sell better in Japan, Kamiya had previously only worked on Sony and Nintendo platforms; it just seems like an odd choice. Have they ever gone on record and said why? Ease of development?
I suspect because Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden both sold considerably better in the west than in Japan.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I suspect because Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden both sold considerably better in the west than in Japan.
They've got some serious balls making Bayonetta so ridiculous. I love them for it, but man I hope this game doesn't flop.

a Master Ninja said:

New IP from a new studio. Would YOU want to lead on the console that is supposedly "harder" to develop on?

DihcarEM

a Master Ninja said:

Did it not have anything to do with Kamiya's dislike for sony consoles.
After he made DMC1 he was told to start on DMC2, Kamiya didn't want to work on the ps2 anymore which is when he stepped off to the gamecube.
This gen he seems to like the x360 more, next gen console and easier to make games for.

Dave1988

DihcarEM said:
Did it not have anything to do with Kamiya's dislike for sony consoles.
After he made DMC1 he was told to start on DMC2, Kamiya didn't want to work on the ps2 anymore which is when he stepped off to the gamecube.
This gen he seems to like the x360 more, next gen console and easier to make games for.

You're confusing Kamiya with Mikami here.

BeeDog

I just tried the demo up until after the boss fight on the bridge/stone platform. This game is completely insane, but it does look and play like a good action game. The performance issues in the PS3 demo did bother me a bit, but not as much as I thought; does the final game perform like the demo, or worse/better? If it doesn't tear/framedrop more than the first level in the demo, I might consider buying this game.

Dave1988

BeeDog said:
I just tried the demo up until after the boss fight on the bridge/stone platform. This game is completely insane, but it does look and play like a good action game. The performance issues in the PS3 demo did bother me a bit, but not as much as I thought; does the final game perform like the demo, or worse/better? If it doesn't tear/framedrop more than the first level in the demo, I might consider buying this game.

The retail version has also excessive loading times .

Klyka

Banned
So how many INFINITONS does everyone's boner for this game produce?

I'm asking because mine are OFF THE CHARTS.

Feindflug

Well I got this and Darksiders for 360 a few days ago, I'm planning to start Bayonetta today (waiting for a patch on Darksiders) and I have a question - does the game's loading times or even performance improve when the game is installed? is it worth it?

I played only for 20-30mins yesterday and I already felt the awesomeness. :D

Call me petty but as a PS3 only owner I refuse to support this game despite being a huge fan of the genre.

Fans should send a message to companies that they will not tolerate inferior ports when they are parting with their hard earned cash.

danmaku

a Master Ninja said:
They've got some serious balls making Bayonetta so ridiculous. I love them for it, but man I hope this game doesn't flop.

In japan sold pretty good (mainly the PS3 version, of course), and even if will never move as many copies as an established franchise I'd say it could sell 500-600k worldwide and it would be fantastic for Sega.

Majukun

lucablight said:
Call me petty but as a PS3 only owner I refuse to support this game despite being a huge fan of the genre.

Fans should send a message to companies that they will not tolerate inferior ports when they are parting with their hard earned cash.
the only message you're delivering is that ps3 audience don't have interest in this type of games,so the next P* project will be 360 excusive.

If you don't believe me,check the last comment of Constantine Hantzopoulos, studio director of SEGA of America about mature games on wii...and sega is P* publisher

just buy this game,and enjoy it,because even on ps3 is a fucking masterpiece

lucablight said:

Okay. You worry about sending the messages, I'll worry about having fun. This is an arrangement I can live with.

Top Bottom