• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has new hairstyle in Bayonetta 2 (new trailer)

60FPS trailer is nice. Would be nicer without the frame drops too ;)

Gameplay looked smooth pretty, the drops were during unplayable segments so eh. I'm hoping it maintains 60 where it counts. There some segments in Bayo 1 (surfing boss, during the vortex bit) where it slowed down to a point where combo timing was completely messed up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bayonetta 2 is looking great. But...ugh short hair on girls is horrible.

Gamers: We want more female protagonists
Platinum: Lets make our female protagonist look more like a male

You're doing it wrong Platinum.

Wow dude, you're just wrong. Like really wrong.

That said thank you Platinum Games. The short hair is really working for me, I didn't even realize I'd be into that until now.

Never said it wasn't. :)

When people knocked the people who didnt like the new DmC as whiners who were more concerned about hair I thought it was crazy. But there are actually people concerned with the most inconsquiencial shit. I dont give a flying fuck about her new character design :- The new mechaincs look awesome and the game doesnt look dumbed down, at least so far.

I am concerned about the combo list and dodge offset though. Please pass on the feedback that the old system works and no needvto change it too much. Id hate for their to be a smaller move list.

Also, the only gamepad support should be minigames and off-tv play. Please dont add gimmicks to bayo.

Domstercool

NEO0MJ

Just please don't make the best boss fight in the game behind a mandatory minigame. Or enemy attacks straight out of cutscenes. Those were my main gripes from B1, everything else looks great.

I died so many times at the first double headed dragon fight because I dropped the controller when the cutscene started, and I always forget about it the next time I play.

Salih

I am in love with her new design. great choice.

From what i saw this game is already more bonkers than the first game. I mean, Kulshedra on her feets?! Those combos looked ridiculous. Also, Umbra Climax definitely adds another layer of depth to the fighting system. It was kinda present in the first game (via Climax Bracelet) but now fully implemented in Bayo2.

Hopefully the soundtrack delivers again.

my only criticism: We only saw Rodin for a very brief moment. PG could have at least let him have a oneliner in the trailer :p

V_Arnold

Damn. You got us figured out. We really wanted to make her bald, but then people would say we stole our design from Sinead O'Connor. (At least it is better than Sarah Palin)

So yeah. We put out a 60fps demo of Bayo grinding up horse angels on top of a streaking jet fighter in a fully modeled city. Even if you don't think so about her hair, that is hot.

Can't wait til you all get to play! (And I can't really answer any question, so sorry in advance! Definitely reading all the feedback.)

The new look is absolutely fantastic, stay brave and never change that :D
My only wish is this: can we have a bit less hectic "push the X many times" mechanic in this game? I noticed that the tortures seemed to go up till max faster than in the original, which means less button spam per torture, which means more controller life in the long run :D

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love short haired girls and i hated the previous hairtyle, but the overall design is... bleah compared to the previous imo
bayonetta-ps3screenshots16302bayo_0105_002-3122009-3.jpg

Bayonetta-2_2013_06-11-13_002.jpg
And i'm not even talking about the jeanne design that was amazing on the first and now...

I love short haired girls and i hated the previous hairtyle, but the overall design is... bleah compared to the previous imo

And i'm not even talking about the jeanne design that was amazing on the first and now...

That thing on her chest makes her look like she has grandma titties :(

popyea

I was iffy about the new look at first, but it's only taken 12 hours for me to fall in love with it. I feel less anxious and more excited now. I'm honestly surprised so many people disliked the original look though. It's SO iconic. It's like removing the horn off a unicorn.

Two of the things that get me excited from the demo are the saturated colours (is this because it shares tech with W101, or is it just a style choice?) and the fantastic enemy animations, which have brilliant timing and a great sense of speed and impact.

Kinyou

Only thing I don't like is Jeanne's new hair. Also gives you the impression that they just switched. Bayonetta looks herself looks much better than previously

I didnt like the first character design because of the hair, I dont know but it make her look like Sarah Palin.

Now with the short hair her design look completey different and I love it.

azxza

The trailer is absolutely AMAZING. Bayonetta looks so MUCH better with short hair. The new costume is really nice too. Shimako really outdid herself. 2014 is so far away :'(.

New look is hot (and hair length does not make a girl look more or less feminin per se).

Sole reason I'll be getting a WiiU eventually although I sure hope more will come up along the way.

Edit : and here it was all along, just forgot about 101 :)

Hiltz

I like her new hairstyle, never was a fan of the Sarah Palin look.

Anyway, that trailer for the game looks pretty crazy. I never got to play the original game, so it will be nice to have what may be one of the best action game sequels on a Nintendo console.

Blades64

Banned

Yeahhhhh....I like the Bayonetta 2 design better. The short hair really suits her IMO.

Did you happen to notice if there are more kick-only attacks for the standard guns? And is one of the face buttons still devoted to weak gunfire? Those were two aspects of the original game that could have been improved upon.
Didn't notice if there were more kick attacks for the guns. And no button devoted to weak gunfire from what I played, you had to hold down punch or kick to fire the guns. The Y button was the most underutilized button, it was only used when a prompt popped up when the enemy was in a fatigued state so you can punish them. Perhaps it will be added later on?

Go tell some American Indian men and African women that boys have short hair and girls have long.

Even in western culture, you'd think 100 some odd years of women with short hair as a style would be long enough for people to get over it.

"She looks like shit with short hair" would have been sufficient.

Her hair has been fixed, now they've just got to sort out her head.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8sr20x62j1qca432o1_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol

I miss old Tim Burton almost more than I miss old Simpsons.

If we're talking about the gameplay in here anyways, I'll say the only reservation I have from the trailer is what looked like some frame drops. Everything else has damn near sold me on a WiiU.

First off short hair is not inherently male or female. Second of all suggesting that short hair is the main thing holding Bayonetta back from being a poster child of feminist gaming is ludicrous, it's essentially the "Sexism is over!" Hark a Vagrant comic without the intended irony.

I think the character looks much better with short hair, even again I have a thing for girls with short hair so go figure.

Tom_Cody

I didnt like the first character design because of the hair, I dont know but it make her look like Sarah Palin.

Now with the short hair her design look completey different and I love it.
I was basically going to type out this exact post.

Her look in the first one didn't sit quite right with me whereas I love the new look.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I for one, am in absolute love with her new design. I usually don't especially care for short hair but she looks goddamn great. Hnnnng. Man I just cannot wait for this.

Top Bottom