• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC: "Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms"

Because more guns in schools (or society altogether) is going to solve all problems. What if a mentally disturbed student or disgruntled employee gets ahold of one of these guns?

you're absolutely right

the only solution to avoid such a tragedy is arming every kid in school so they can respond

RangerX

Banned
Whenever I talk to Americans I find it hard to articulate how batshit crazy their country looks from the outside. My brother is heading to Colorado in a few days for research work. I better tell him not to go near any schools.

Maybe the plan is to just keep throwing guns at the gun problem, eventually the gun mass will be so great that it will create a gun singularity and wipe out humanity from our sorry-ass existence.

Pretty good idea, in theory.

I feel like America is some kind of drunk performance artist these days. Like if Andy Kaufman was a country and was just trying to weird out the rest of the world constantly.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Whenever I talk to Americans I find it hard to articulate how batshit crazy their country looks from the outside. My brother is heading to Colorado in a few days for research work. I better tell him not to go near any schools.

We are currently testing what would happen if our country were governed as if it were run by a TV Network who's ratings have gone so far down they will try anything to get viewership back. So far, the ratings have skyrocketed, but the country is a complete mess.

Oddly, this is also the result I get whenever I try to play one of those Sim City or Civilization style games.

In the future, will people even know that the fake ads in Robocop were satirical?
There have actually be studies on the way satire impacts on people. People are likely to take satire with their pre-existing ideals. What I'm saying is, these people would see Robocop and not just agree but think the targets were people who disagree.

Thanks God not a bit of hyperbole in this thread!
And arming teachers isn't an overreactice, hyperbole to rare events? Especially one the rest of the world doesn't have such a problem with, since they don't have as many guns to begin with? The solution to a gun problem is not to double down on what's causing the problem in the first place, but work to correct it. But alas...

Class-1.jpg

Thanks God not a bit of hyperbole in this thread!

Nah, you're lacking perspective. As a non-American living in a country that functions perfectly fine day-to-day without a 2nd Amendment, I find that the idea of arming civilians who work with children is batshit fucking insane on a fundamental level.

Mivey

I take it there are lot of Grizzlies in Colorado? Sounds like a reasonable and well-meaning measure then. The only thing bears like more than honey is entering human settlements and breaking into schools.

Hyun Sai

Nah, you're lacking perspective. As a non-American living in a country that functions perfectly fine day-to-day without a 2nd Amendment, I find that the idea of arming civilians who work with children is batshit fucking insane on a fundamental level.

But remember, it doesnt make any difference, John Wick killed 2 people with a fucking PENCIL ! Guns are obviously not the problem !

Acheteedo

Soooo if some kid loses their mind and attacks the teacher with the intent of obtaining the gun, what then? Should the teacher shoot first? Better hope they're alert enough to the imminent danger if such a situation occurs.

It's not "how can this go wrong?", it's "how can this go right?".

Somnid

Weld county is poor, rural Colorado. I'd be surprised if your brother had any business there unless he's researching meat-packing.

moggio

Banned
Lost track of the amount of teachers we made cry at school.

I doubt it would've turned out well if they had guns.

pantsmith

Why not arm the students, too?

With proper (gun) education and some trigger discipline they'll become stalwart defenders of the constitution, freedom, and their education.

BigDes

I am sure that no teacher will shoot a kid

Sure of it

It won't happen. I think I would probably start homeschooling my kids if I lived in an area where armed teachers was widespread.

Top Bottom