• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC: "Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms"

disco

I bet you a substantial amount of teachers won't even want to arm themselves. I cannot imagine any of my kind sensitive art/english/languages teachers arming themselves! (*well, the Tory history teachers on the other hand...)

Rktk

Imagine the kind of people that are going to be drawn to teaching where you get issued a pistol and training.

Condom

Hey teacher!! I know you make like 20-30k a year but your ass is now front line defense against a shooter. K thanks

If you hear shots grab that gun and start blasting away!

God bless the USA.

Hahaha yeah this is the worst part, that teachers aren't even getting the pay they deserve in many countries and still have to do all the extra work

eizarus

Banned
Because you know, instead of changing the Constitution (there's precedent) or at least make it harder to obtain guns, let's just arm everyone to the teeth. Yanks are going to have babies popping out the womb soon carrying glocks.

What's interesting about this plan is that if a teacher fails to protect their class from a shooter, nobody is going to debate gun-control or any of that other "nonsense".

Instead, all that's going to happen is that the teacher will get fired, because obviously it's entirely their fault that the shooting occurred.

Gotta hand it to Colorado. It's a fuckawful plan that's stupid enough to actually work.

Shoeless

I guess it's just a matter of time before a teacher accidentally shoots a kid, or a kid gets hold of the gun and shoots the teacher.

Then the next logical step is assigning all students their own pistol on registration day. America truly is an amazing country.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I guess it's just a matter of time before a teacher accidentally shoots a kid, or a kid gets hold of the gun and shoots the teacher.

Then the next logical step is assigning all students their own pistol on registration day. America truly is an amazing country.

Text books come with a glock

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Black boys everywhere must be screaming internally...

No, he proposed people who are properly trained to assess and handle the situation before escalating it with a weapon, not cops.
I know right, it is disgusting they get three times as much training as a cop.
Daaaaamn

This makes me think of that GAFer that was a teacher and a self proclaimed member of the Klan who went out of his way to ruin a student's life.

What could possibly go wrong with armed, hateful teachers?
FWIW, that story was then claimed to have been a fake confession. But your point stands, of course.

Fbh

Because as we all know the best tool against gun violence is more guns!!!!!.

Wait till something inevitably happens and we will then arm the students. And when that doesnt work we will just put automated turrets in classrooms.

Cookie18

Basically a fucking 3rd world country at this point. I mean, when does somebody say stop, maybe there is a problem here?

I mean, even if you agree that this is the direction that schools should go, at the very least start with pepper spray or tasers or rubber bullets or anything else non-lethal. This is going to end horribly.

mike6467

Basically a fucking 3rd world country at this point. I mean, when does somebody say stop, maybe there is a problem here?

more guns seems like a plausible solution.

There are plenty of people who believe that if everyone over the age of 16 was trained and armed, gun crime would be heavily reduced or non-existent. This is because everyone is a hero and anyone who tried to do wrong would promptly be taken out by the surrounding crowd. No friendly fire, no unforeseen consequences, just good, wholesome vigilante justice.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
There are plenty of people who believe that if everyone over the age of 16 was trained and armed, gun crime would be heavily reduced or non-existent. This is because everyone is a hero and anyone who tried to do wrong would promptly be taken out by the surrounding crowd. No friendly fire, no unforeseen consequences, just good, wholesome vigilante justice.

"They're all good and responsible gun owners... Until they're not."

Cookie18

Need I say more?

Septimius

This really points out the egocentric notion of the nation. You can't trust the cops, professionals who have had years of education to become a cop. They shoot people left and right. But you can trust the average American to do the right thing in a threatening situation wherein EVERYONE has guns? EDIT: Wait, I forgot the point that YOU will have a gun, and you can trust yourself to make the best split second decision. Especially over those professionally trained.

My dad is going to laugh so hard at this.

I live in CO and this is only in a specific county I believe. The county where all the conservatives live...

Don't judge all of CO off this.

eizarus

Banned
We already did that electing Trump into office. I still think we might not recover from this Presidency.
Isn't he heading for surefire impeachment? I haven't kept up with the Russia investigation in a while, but isn't he standing on the edge of a knife right now?

RPGCrazied

Isn't he heading for surefire impeachment? I haven't kept up with the Russia investigation in a while, but isn't he standing on the edge of a knife right now?

Is in the hands of Mueller who is investigating him to his ties to Russia and his obstructing of justice when he fired Comey.

Some say this could take a very long time, maybe even years. I think he would rather resign first then be impeached.

Treat guns like fire extinguishers. Put one in every class room.

Also no chance these guns getting stolen or lost in school.

/s

le.phat

Incidentally, this might explain why Western Europe is such a degenerate den full of violent savages, drugs users, sex addicts and other evil doers.

Saya

All Colorado teachers outfitted with new desks:

gun-concealment-furniture-9265.gif

old

I can't help but see teachers acting like those cops in NYC who shot numerous innocent bystanders trying to shoot a fleeing criminal. No one seems to teach or care about what's down range. Not going to be surprised to hear more kids shot by the teachers than by the shooter.

Top Bottom