• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch NYC Memorial Park Vandalized With Swastikas, Trump Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are investigating.

IkrSzWb.jpg

Pitchfork said:
On May 3, 2013, the Palmetto Playground in Brooklyn, New York was renamed to Adam Yauch Park in memory of the Beastie Boy, who died in 2012. Today, the park was defaced with swastikas and graffiti that read “Go Trump,” Billboard reports. Find an image below. Yauch, like the rest of his bandmates, was Jewish. There has been a spike in hate crimes and racially-charged attacks around the country since Donald Trump was elected president.

White supremacists who can't even draw swastikas. I don't know what it is about the far right and terrible grammar and handmade signs.

Look. Let's give these White Supremacists a chance.
It's our duty to stand behind them and support them!

Guilt edit: Feel sick even jokingly saying that.

The Midwestern/rust belt economic anxiety is not present in metropolitan areas like this.
If you live in a blue state, especially a metropolitan area in a blue state, it's fairly safe to say that any Trump supporter you see is a racist.

Speevy

Banned
I just see two people puking and shitting all over each other.

That seems more indicative of their message than actual swastikas.

Hazmat

MCA was with it
And he's my ace
So I grabbed the white supremacist
And I punched him in the face

Fuck these people. Nasty little creeps.

Einhander

Yeah, that boils my blood. Adam Yauch was not only a dope rapper, but an upstanding humanitarian. He was a warm soul. Mike D and Adrock must be highly disappointed hearing about this.

LQX

In Brooklyn NY? You really do not see this happening here that much anymore so it will be interesting to see where the police investigation leads us. Also camera's are everywhere so they should catch whoever did this fairly fast.

we just need to find the perp and talk with them like a human being for 10 minutes and calmly explain why we felt this was not a nice move and earnestly listen to their concerns on the divisive issue of Adam Yauch and the Beasite Boys.

we can meet them halfway. we have to.

rjc571

Banned
we just need to find the perp and talk with them like a human being for 10 minutes and calmly explain why we felt this was not a nice move and earnestly listen to their concerns on the divisive issue of Adam Yauch and the Beasite Boys.

Don't use harsh words like "perp". This just discourages them from seeing things your way even further.

norm9

But it's just fucking hipsters in Brooklyn as I remember it the last time I was there. Must be people from Long Island.

Assholes.

Look. Let's give these White Supremacists a chance.
It's our duty to stand behind them and support them!

Guilt edit: Feel sick even jokingly saying that.

Is every thread going to devolve into this kind of exaggerated sarcasm regarding that Vox article?

There comes a point where after seeing so many of these stupid stories I don't even think it's white supremacists and racists. I think it's people salty as fuck that Trump is president and they want to fuck with his image as if it'd further their cause.

Or maybe it really is racists and white supremacists.

DrBo42

Is every thread going to devolve into this kind of exaggerated sarcasm regarding that Vox article?

Yeah, looks that way. Already tired of it.

There comes a point where after seeing so many of these stupid stories I don't even think it's white supremacists and racists. I think it's people salty as fuck that Trump is president and they want to fuck with his image as if it'd further their cause.
Lovely. I see this from every Trump supporter on my feed. Have there been confirmed instances of people crying wolf?

Oh you stealth edited. Good move.

In Brooklyn NY? You really do not see this happening here that much anymore so it will be interesting to see where the police investigation leads us. Also camera's are everywhere so they should catch whoever did this fairly fast.
Don't think Nyc is above this kind of stuff, there is a lot of racism in this city.

Oersted

Or maybe it really is racists and white supremacists.

Trump supporters would do it out conviction. Scary thought, isn't it?

Those aren't even swastikas.
One is a scrambled mess. The other is an ugly manji.

Just goes to show how stupid these people must be. And to think that Trump is their preferred leader... Goodness gracious.

This is really disgusting.
I really hope it won't get any worse than that.

I'm willing to bet (or at least I'd like to believe) that many of these incidents are by shithead kids who know that their brief bit of vandalism will end up getting press. It's a good time to be an anarchistic attention whore.

Still not good. I do think that a lot of trolls trying on neonazi imagery for shock value end up corrupted by it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
They couldn't even make a proper nazi swastika, smh. Two drawn differently and not one of 'em are right.

For real though, fuck people.

iirc, Yauch's mom was Jewish, his dad Catholic, and he was raised in a non-religious home. As adult he became a Buddhist.

So these assclowns, in a sense, offended all but a few of the world's major belief systems.

Mega

Banned
Whoever did this is a real piece of shit. MCA was awesome and immensely talented.

It happened a few times earlier this year alone.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Those aren't even swastikas.
One is a scrambled mess. The other is an ugly manji.

Just goes to show how stupid these people must be. And to think that Trump is their preferred leader... Goodness gracious.

This is really disgusting.
I really hope it won't get any worse than that.

The fact that they fucked them up so badly makes me belive it was probably the work of drunken college aged assholes who probably don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and the lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom