• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch NYC Memorial Park Vandalized With Swastikas, Trump Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to Licensed to Ill this afternoon on the drive home. The graffiti is probably already washed off, but music fans will talk about Beastie Boys for years to come. Fuck em.

johnsmith

remember me
91NN7y4.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
There comes a point where after seeing so many of these stupid stories I don't even think it's white supremacists and racists. I think it's people salty as fuck that Trump is president and they want to fuck with his image as if it'd further their cause.

Or maybe it really is racists and white supremacists.
Even if HALF of them were fake, there would still be far too many real ones.

Jag

There is a chance that this was done by people who have no genuine hatred for Jewish people. That doesn't make the act any less troubling, just saying idiocy can take many forms.

It wasn't a coincidence. Especially in Brooklyn Heights. My old neighborhood as a matter of fact.

Ezduo

Banned
Insulting the Beastie Boys? Bunch of chumps. I'll be listening to Paul's Boutique until they put me in a home and these guys are such cowards they're not even willing to show their faces, lest they actually have to be associated with their "beliefs". Stone cold bitches.

Cagey

Banned
Brooklyn? Ugh. Could be a rough four years for the Hasidic community there.

Is every thread going to devolve into this kind of exaggerated sarcasm regarding that Vox article?

There's been the occasional moderator post warning about pointless sarcasm posts being considered shitposting but I don't know if there's a policy or enforcement thereof.

Beasties went from frat party rock to global jams and espousing treating women right while hosting the Free Tibet concerts within a couple albums. Like the earliest example for me personally of "oh hey, you can teach to widen your horizons, be tolerant AND be cool as shit". Sucks this happened.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Never, ever, ever, ever in all my years on this planet have I seen Republican president in my lifetime be backed by so much hate before.

Ever.

And this is fine, right? "I like the ...other....things he had to say so ppl just need to brush this aside...."

Right?

Speely

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with people?

Edit: I am pretty old. When I was an adolescent kid, I did this dumb talent show, and my part of it was doing all the MCA parts of a couple BB songs. That weird decision changed my life.

This shit makes me want to fucking cry.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Assholes.

Is every thread going to devolve into this kind of exaggerated sarcasm regarding that Vox article?

It started before the article. I mean but can you blame ppl for doing that? As soon as these things start turning to people on people violence its going to be even more of a laughable response.

Of course these types of ppl need to be talked to, but not by the ones being harassed. It needs to happen with professional therapist, doctors.

studyguy

Two 80 years olds were caught tagging over a multi cultural mural drawn by children today too. Telling them to go home, Trump won. Fucked up times.

studyguy

It has to be someone below the age of 14, right?

Like I just said. Literally two seniors were caught doing this. Today. Could be anyone at this point.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/11/18/make-america-love-again-mural-vandalized/

Maria Heritier tried to cover up the vandalism with flyers about a community march. DuBose said she hopes this is the last time they’ll have to repaint.

She staked out the area at 4 a.m. Friday and caught the culprits in action.

“We weren’t expecting two 80-year-olds,” she said.

An elderly couple spent just a couple of minutes drawing over the mural.

“The woman looked at me in my face and said, ‘we’re still going to make America great again,” DuBose said.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing at these weird squiggles that are supposed to be swastikas... Like holy fuck, how stupid do you have to be to fuck up this badly. Were their arms broken? Or did they have a stroke midway through?

NeoRausch

Hmmm..

The right one is an Indian Sunwheel (open to the left).
And the left one..... It's a drunken mess.

ART!

Edit:

Wait... The Hindu swastikas isn't open to the left?

I stand corrected.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Never, ever, ever, ever in all my years on this planet have I seen Republican president in my lifetime be backed by so much hate before.

Ever.

And this is fine, right? "I like the ...other....things he had to say so ppl just need to brush this aside...."

Right?

No. It'll never be right. And it won't be allowed.

Mung

Hmmm..

The right one is an Indian Sunwheel (open to the left).
And the left one..... It's a drunken mess.

ART!

Edit:

Wait... The Hindu swastikas isn't open to the left?

I stand corrected.

A bit OT, but the hindu swastika can go either way, and is open, but often has dots in it. After all, the nazis stole it. Even the word swastika itself comes from sanskrit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom