• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX Community Thread: Deluxe Sound Sensation

cj_iwakura

The IIDX situation in the US seems better than it ever has been. There are certainly dead spots like Florida though. Luckily I just moved to Austin and there is one here and a few in Dallas.
More like nonexistent. :p Anyone have any thoughts on Konami's Museca game? It was a lot of fun, but not many people are playing it. Weak song list, but it has Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, so there's that.

patientx

So, there is no way that I can get a decent controller for pc with this games under $60 when buying internationally ? You guys are saying usb controllers are no go so to get the real deal we only have the old ps2 controllers option ? Really want to get into this game but this thing limits me.

More like nonexistent. :p Anyone have any thoughts on Konami's Museca game? It was a lot of fun, but not many people are playing it. Weak song list, but it has Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, so there's that.
I haven't played it, but I like the art for it. The feedback I've read elsewhere has not be great. I don't think it has true keynotes which is a huge bummer (I've heard that Konami would love to kill off keynotes). SDVX looks way more interesting to me.

So, there is no way that I can get a decent controller for pc with this games under $60 when buying internationally ? You guys are saying usb controllers are no go so to get the real deal we only have the old ps2 controllers option ? Really want to get into this game but this thing limits me.
It depends on what game and experience you're looking for. You can find a used controller from the US version of Beatmania (USKOC) and find a PS2 -> USB adapter with little lag.

cj_iwakura

I haven't played it, but I like the art for it. The feedback I've read elsewhere has not be great. I don't think it has true keynotes which is a huge bummer (I've heard that Konami would love to kill off keynotes). SDVX looks way more interesting to me.
SDVX looked beyond daunting.

SDVX isn't keysounded either; it only overlays effects onto the backing track.

To my knowledge IIDX and possibly Gitadora are the only music games still being updated today that started 100% keysounded and are still 100% keysounded. Even pop'n music introduced songs without keysounds in licenses/crossover events now.

SDVX looked beyond daunting.

It's really not. The learning curve is way more shallow than IIDX's; I started off at level 9s and quickly built to 12 (the maximum is 15). I expect I would be able to play 15s in a relatively short time if I had a way to practice regularly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I miss playing IIDX. It's WAY too much of a hassle to get a setup going anymore (and it's not cheap). Red and DistorteD were the bees knees.

E: I just had that moment where I remembered how big of a deal it was when &#20901; (A) was FC'd and when videos of Mendes (Black A) were surfacing... <3 those days.

Yuuichi

To my knowledge IIDX and possibly Gitadora are the only music games still being updated today that started 100% keysounded and are still 100% keysounded. Even pop'n music introduced songs without keysounds in licenses/crossover events now.

It's really not. The learning curve is way more shallow than IIDX's; I started off at level 9s and quickly built to 12 (the maximum is 15). I expect I would be able to play 15s in a relatively short time if I had a way to practice regularly.

Technically Gitadora isn't keysounded in the same way IIDX is, it has sounds overlayed instead.

As for the learning curve of SDVX, it's by far the easiest of the non touchscreen bemani* games. Any reasonably competent individual should be able to clear most 13's by the time they have the core reflexes down. There's nothing really challenging in the game until 14's anyways.

*haven't played musica yet, can't commet

To my knowledge IIDX and possibly Gitadora are the only music games still being updated today that started 100% keysounded and are still 100% keysounded. Even pop'n music introduced songs without keysounds in licenses/crossover events now
Whaaaaaaat. That's a huge bummer. Hopefully it doesn't keep going in that direction with IIDX/Pop'n

cj_iwakura

Technically Gitadora isn't keysounded in the same way IIDX is, it has sounds overlayed instead.

As for the learning curve of SDVX, it's by far the easiest of the non touchscreen bemani* games. Any reasonably competent individual should be able to clear most 13's by the time they have the core reflexes down. There's nothing really challenging in the game until 14's anyways.

*haven't played musica yet, can't commet
Museca is straightforward enough... Until charts use that fricking foot pedal.

Sakujou

Banned
i really envy you guys. SDVX, IIDX, RB, JB is all i want. i have the ipad versions of RB and JB, but IIDX and SDVX are arcade only. i have the ps2 version of empress, but i have to say, i dont like the song selection of that game...

i really would love to play that game in 1080p60. whenever i get to japan or korea, i spent tons of money there.

these days i fucking love this song:
IIDX
https://www.youtube.com/embed/53Rv4nMrNhs
Reflec Beat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lap7-pn9uGE
jubeat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3oLOfJ5-Ac
SDVX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6dWhQXy90

i really fucking love the music. makes you super addicted to this shit.

Mecha

A small local arcade/used game store near me in NC (Lost Ark) added some bemani games.

b5Pqtuv.jpg

VAgjdYN.jpg

Now I really need to visit.

cj_iwakura

That coaster game is so addictive, my God. Tried it today at Nakano Broadway, got hooked in record time. So much style. Especially in the Danganronpa tracks. Is the android version as good?

cj_iwakura

Mega Get, from the Nakano Broadway Mandarake(thanks to Killertofu for grabbing it for me!):

CicFImJVEAEpRVZ.jpg

It is INSANELY rare, who knows why.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
IIDX 24: Sinobuz was just announced

voWwYI4.png

Guess it's a weird portmanteau of "shinobu" and "buzz"? Definitely one of the weirdest names yet but I'm down for a ninja theme.

ehhhh liked the clean design of copula much better. logo feels to me like a sdvx logo if sdvx was made in the mid 2000s lol

ninjas are cool tho

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Took me a minute to even figure out what the hell that logo even said. But hell yes to a ninja theme.

Removals

Code:
8th style: FLUTE MAN, dissolve
9th style: &#26157;&#21644;&#20225;&#26989;&#25126;&#22763;&#33618;&#23665;&#35506;&#38263;
10th style: HI SCHOOL DREAM
IIDX RED: More Move
DJ TROOPERS: SHIFT
EMPRESS: Marie Antoinette
RA: LIFE SCROLLING
Lincle: Into The Sunlight
tricoro: Breaking Dawn, Reflection into EDEN
SPADA: All Is Wrecked, Atropos, Give Me Your Love, Nemesis remix, Votum remix, Shattered control, Stella Sinistra, WOBBLE IMPACT, &#27515;&#31070;&#33258;&#29190;&#20013;&#20108;&#22969;&#12450;&#12452;&#12489;&#12523;&#12418;&#12418;&#12363;&#12426;&#12435;(1&#27507;), &#12510;&#12452;&#12531;&#12489;&#12539;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512;, &#37326;&#29699;&#12398;&#36938;&#12403;&#26041;&#12288;&#12381;&#12375;&#12390;&#12381;&#12398;&#27508;&#21490;&#12288;&#65374;&#27770;&#23450;&#29256;&#65374;
PENDUAL: Don't Stop The Music

Losing Flute Man, Reflection into EDEN, Showa Kigyou, and Life Scrolling hurts :<

ghibli99

Twenty... four. My god. Feels like a lifetime since I first put my hands on that fateful 3rd Style machine at Ultrazone in Monterey Park, CA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, I'm going to hook my PS2 back up & get back into this to see how my skills hold up after all these years.

Problem is, I feel like the HDTV I have now will have lag that'll make it difficult to play. Plus my musical tastes have changed, so it'll be harder to find songs that I want to practice on. & I need to get a new controller one of these days, the cord of the US one I have is starting to have some wires showing because I was a stupid kid in how I wrapped the cord around the controller.

Still a super huge bummer that they stopped with 16 & never went the "let's add more songs or styles as DLC" route with PS3 or PS4.

I have a Sony CRT (KX14-CP1), debug PlayStation 2, IIDX 6th to 11th (RED) and a KoC with the 1 Euro cent mod and honestly I'm enjoying IIDX the most I ever have. The games may be comparatively old hat now but I'm still having a blast.

Still regret selling RED through Empress back in 2012 for £200 though... Empress is super pricey now. ;~;

zeioIIDX

Been meaning to get back into IIDX...been caught up playing Pump It Up lately. I stopped playing earlier this year after I finally passed my first couple 11 charts. My damn DJ Dao turntable crapped out on me when trying to switch out the PCB for an updated one so I can't play anymore plus the PS2 connector it has never worked from day one...I was always stuck playing Lunatic Rave 2 on PC. I kinda wanna spring for a VIRGOO controller but haven't seen too many reviews for 'em yet. I watched the Konami stream and still don't know how the hell to pronounce Sinobuz.

i actually have a virgoo on the way now! haven't owned an iidx asc before so i'm really looking forward to it. at the very least it'll be a good excuse to play more lol. can't really compare it to other ascs but i can at least compare it to my experience playing on cab

also its reading is listed as shi-no-ba-zu. shino + buzz i guess

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have a Sony CRT (KX14-CP1), debug PlayStation 2, IIDX 6th to 11th (RED) and a KoC with the 1 Euro cent mod and honestly I'm enjoying IIDX the most I ever have. The games may be comparatively old hat now but I'm still having a blast.

Still regret selling RED through Empress back in 2012 for £200 though... Empress is super pricey now. ;~;
A shame Empress is so expensive, since that's probably the best one to introduce people to the series with how many songs it has. Probably my favorite just because of that second disc & making it feel like I don't need to bother with buying 10th Style or older since RED was my first JPN version.

One of these days, I need to get more Pop'n Music titles. I imagine Fever is a good one since I only have Pop'n 9, but it seems to also be expensive or hard to find.

One of these days, I need to get more Pop'n Music titles. I imagine Fever is a good one since I only have Pop'n 9, but it seems to also be expensive or hard to find.

CS14 is cool because there's a TON of crossovers and very few repeats with previous CSs, which is both a plus and minus when it comes to someone who doesn't really have many other games in the series. Also compared to the later IIDX releases, it's really not all that expensive, hovering around the $40-$50 range.

Personally I prefer CS12 and 13 to 14, with 12 being what I consider the most well-rounded pop'n CS when it comes to the quality of the AC version's originals, crossovers, CS exclusives, and revivals. It introduced "pop'n request" in which fans vote on which tracks they wanted to return from previous games, so it's got a good handful of series-favorites, making it good for getting caught up on the series imo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, maybe it was just the fact the few import places I'd visit all those years ago didn't have a copy, so it was just more among of "I couldn't find it". Looking at Play-Asia, they don't have 14 & their copies of 12 & 13 are over $130, but I probably just need to search around more.

I think I was wanting 14 because it was the one that had the most songs that I was familiar with/wanted, with 12 or 13 being second. 9 was probably 3rd & I went with that since it was the cheapest & the only one in stock at the time.

Another issue is that I need to figure out a set-up for Pop'n & IIDX since I'm further away from the TV & can't easily replicate my old set up since I could sit much closer to the TV with a TV tray that made it the perfect height for the controllers.

cj_iwakura

i totally thought it was gonna be a MEGA track when i saw the title. ah well.

the BGA certainly lived up to his tracks

I really want to see the Hardstyle stuff. I never even saw most of the new tracks from the past six versions,, haha. Even when I played Lincle in Tokyo, I didn't have time to really browse much.

Top Bottom