• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (PC, JP-only) AlphaTest

Falk

that puzzling face
Update:
Dec 1st - It's out. Subscription based, ~45 songs.

Videos:
An hour-long video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9rlPWzL61U of alpha
For whatever reason virtually all the videos people uploaded are choppy as heck even though it's a 60fps upload. Here's a smooth one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaVkOKsAUM

ORIGINAL POST
cZAdLas.png

0CfhKF9.png

Passing the message on - apparently an alpha test for "Beatmania IIDX INFINITAS", an official Konami PC service? I'm a little too busy to check it out, but started thread anyway as the testing window seems only for a few hours. (2015年9月2日(水) 14:30~20:00)

This is megaton for a few folks here if true.

Seems to require e-AMUSEMENT/Konami ID.

http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/eac2dx/infinitas/p/common/top.html

Some brave soldiers recon and report in kthx.

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly this would need proper qwerty keyboard support (if nothing other than a UI option) to be successful.

The number of people with KOCs/DJ DAOs/whatever are a small fraction of the number of people who want more good rhythm games on PC.

(Even if it's all old content)

O_O
Probably a F2P.

I mean, considering the history of music games on PC and the relative success of O2Jam/DJMAX/all their spawns, along with the fact that this is a timed alpha test, it seems very likely.

Like I said, I'm not in a position to check it out, but have access to browser, so if anyone wants to spelunk a little and post impressions/info/guides on registering/whatever I'll update OP at the very least.

Guymelef

Songlist for the Alpha.

5.1.1. dj nagureo
Bad Maniacs kors k as teranoid
being torn the sky 猫叉Master+ feat.JUNE
bloomin' feeling Ryu☆
Brazilian Fire Ben Franklin
DESIRE M-Project fw.GUHROOVY
DROP dj TAKA feat.Kanako Hoshino
LASER CRUSTER L.E.D.
Last Burning Dirty Androids
NoN-Fiction Story! Creative Life
One of A Kind Crystal Begley
She is my wife SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-
SigSig kors k
with me... Sota Fujimori feat.Kemy
かずあそび CULTVOICE by S.S.D.PRODUCTS
コスモス TSU-NA
バビロニア 劇団レコード
未来のプリズム 星野奏子
凛として咲く花の如く 紅色リトマス

xzeldax3

OMFG this is insanity. I've been waiting for this god damn moment for too long.

I really hope this alpha leads to a full blown amazing PC game. DJMAX Trilogy and Stepmania have been my only saving grace.

Yuuichi

there's a small team of us trying to get this working outside of japan right now and failing miserably due to one of the least descriptive errors ever made

we have some theories about why it isn't working right now, but don't expect progress until later

xzeldax3

there's a small team of us trying to get this working outside of japan right now and failing miserably due to one of the least descriptive errors ever made

we have some theories about why it isn't working right now, but don't expect progress until later
My launcher has everything greyed-out except "exit." So I assume they are blocking IP addresses outside of japan?

Yuuichi

My launcher has everything greyed-out except "exit." So I assume they are blocking IP addresses outside of japan?

Same problem so I'm assuming so

there's an error message that literally reads "an error occurred during startup" that you can't read

The most likely candidate for now is that it actually conducts a ping check to check if you're in Japan, as the intranet there is very well connected and incredibly fast, but not so much once you hit the internet. We've also tried just about everything under the sun short of having a Japanese copy of windows, although my current setup is about as close as you can get without being one.

Edit: I forgot to mention I know it's not IP because the same VPN I was using to play DDO today (which requires a JP IP on boot) also fails

xzeldax3

You guys should take the survey on the site because it asks some questions about our preferences on the pricing model and controllers. Maybe we can push them away from F2P (unlikely, I know).

Yuuichi

You guys should take the survey on the site because it asks some questions about our preferences on the pricing model and controllers. Maybe we can push them away from F2P (unlikely, I know).

it's not f2p, it's paid

アルファテストは無料ですが、正式版は有料ですか?
有料になる予定です。 正式版リリースの際に案内させていただきます。

Falk

that puzzling face
Interesting. Wonder if they'll just group songs via releases and you can buy what suits your fancy.

Far superior model to paying per play. That really only makes sense with arcades, where the community draw is socializing.

GamerJM

Banned
there's an error message that literally reads "an error occurred during startup" that you can't read

The most likely candidate for now is that it actually conducts a ping check to check if you're in Japan, as the intranet there is very well connected and incredibly fast, but not so much once you hit the internet. We've also tried just about everything under the sun short of having a Japanese copy of windows, although my current setup is about as close as you can get without being one.

Edit: I forgot to mention I know it's not IP because the same VPN I was using to play DDO today (which requires a JP IP on boot) also fails

...Actually I just didn't read that. I'm tired lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Seems there's some options to combat ghosting on QWERTY keyboards:
-- KEY ASSIST - you can press two notes and the game will register as you hitting a 3rd for simultaneous notes
-- ANY KEY - Assuming this works like DJMAX's autocorrect, this is a trash-tier feature and will screw you up way more than it saves you.

edit: Actually I can see Key Assist also screwing you over on anything above medium charts.

edit2: Hahahaha, you know what? I can totally imagine Konami putting this in INFINITAS just so they can copyright it and continue copyright trolling everyone else who have been dodging the 'press button according to lane' filing with autocorrect.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, I edited the subtopic, waiting for mod to edit the topic itself to be less bait. :( Sorry folks.

neshcom

Banned
Wow. Will it be online only? I wonder if it will try to be like those online games and pay-per-play or per-song. It'd be killer to get a straight full PC game, but Konami.

Aerocrane

Whaaaaaaa

But is it going to be only for Japan though?

Assuming it's going to be like other e-Amusement Cloud titles, you'll have to use PASELI which would make it practically impossible to play outside of Japan even if we could figure out how to launch the game and login.

mothball

Assuming it's going to be like other e-Amusement Cloud titles, you'll have to use PASELI which would make it practically impossible to play outside of Japan even if we could figure out how to launch the game and login.

paseli's easy to get outside of japan, just order a bitcash code from english websites that sell them and use it on the site
it's just been mostly useless except for buying hourglasses and an iidx basic subscription

Falk

that puzzling face
NKkp2Ic.jpg

Corey playing from outside Japan succesfully

We need to figure out how to harness the black magic he's using and use it for world peace

Once you get it to work and get in, everything worked damn near flawlessly.

Konami, I'm sorry about the mean stuff I said...

zoobzone

Yeah it works perfect.

No timing issues, just need them to release the final game and arcade controller along with it (make sure to ask for it in the survey!).

So Question 11 of the enquete is crucial.

Payment style:
A) Arcade-like pay per play
B) Base package cost + Music packs
C) Subscription service

Top Bottom