• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Showed the docking station, detachable controllers, alternative pro controller, home attachment for the detachable controllers, showed off games.

Fucking nailed it!

They had one job: communicate clearly what it is and why it's good. They knocked it out of the park.
Fantastic marketing. This is like anti-WiiU.

Day 1 if this is sub-300 and batteries don't suck.

entremet

It seems that Nintendo Industrial Design department has grown up.

3DS/WiiU were awful looking.

This looks like sleek product.

No mention of Smash 4 port? No mention of Gamecube controller support? No sale.

Dude, it's just the first reveal lol.

Hold your horses.

koutoru

Docking station is big enough for me to believe that it could possibly be doing some hardware upscaleing for the TV.

Definitely will be interested in the specs and the more console like controller for the tv.

Logash

Surprisingly doesn't look like a toy. Skyrim was a serious surprise and wow wow wow new Mario game. This all topped off with it being a portable console that can truely play console like games... Nintendo did good.

AniHawk

m566KQi.gif

I want it, and I want it now!

the mario game seems like it's going to play like super mario 3d world and 3d land given the speed clouds. i'm actually surprised with the emphasis on local multiplayer that nintendo didn't showcase a new 2d mario instead, so i wonder if this 3d game will be multiplayer as well.

khaaan

• The Switch controller is uggo but the Pro looks great.
  • Is that a whole new Mario Kart or an upgraded version? Possibly available to Wii U owners as DLC?
  • What are the capabilities of the tablet by itself? I have to imagine you can at least use it as a web browser
  • Skyrim mods? lol
  • As mentioned, lack of touch but they are porting games that have some dependency like Zelda and Splatoon
  • Mario looks hype

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Hate the branding but the concept is great, still a lot of questions though, is the dock just a HDMI adaptor? Does the screen support touch? Hope they have a lot more info ready to go if it's coming in March.

R00bot

Nintendo.com has now transformed into "Nintendo Switch - Official Site - Nintendo's New Video Game System".

This is dope.

sublimit

Banned
Well i'm sold.Love the design and the concept and i'm thankful that i will finally be able to play MH on a portable device with two analogue sticks.

Looks like an evolution of the Wii U.

I'm not really convinced this is what people want from a home console and it's too big to take the place of a portable console.

I'll buy it for Mario regardless, but I'm not too sure who Nintendo are marketing this at.

So are they done with waggle? Or do those side controllers do that too? I suppose they would have to have motion controls for Splatoon without two sticks on there.

Honestly, that looks fucking awesome, sold, day 1.

Looks very adult for a Nintendo product, it doesn't look a kids toy like the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U did. The name is good, the screen and controller look great too, this is probably the best thing Nintendo has made in a long time. Seriously impressed, well done Nintendo.

Looks better than expected.

Waiting for the technical details though.

If this can get some decent 3rd party support I could see this being big.

No more discs - finally! Thank God at least one of the big three finally throws this garbage medium out the window. No noisy, slow as f**ck disc drive, no obligatory overlong install process, no overblown disc cases.

As for the detachable controllers, I think thats awesome. Will make it extremely easy to change them if they get broken. And if the overabundance of New 3DS faceplates is any indicator, I think Nintendo will release quite a few differently colored controler parts to customize the device.

pringles

It looks amazing actually. Form factor is through the roof. If I have any concerns it would probably be what the battery time is like when it's portable (gamepad was baaaad) and the specs when it's docked (this isn't all that important to me but good specs helps it get 3rd party support).

But it feels like Nintendo got this right.

rekameohs

Banned
I like how it can be used as two SNES controllers.

Frankly, I think that will be a hell of a lot more uncomfortable than, say, the Wiimote on its side.

I think they could be solid as Wiimote pointers, though, we'll see. Using the two as Wiimote+Nunchuk separated would be pretty cool!

RPGCrazied

Dumb name. But it does look cool. I hope this isn't over $300, or I will have to wait. New Mario, and Zelda of course, but don't see a Metroid. :(

I guess Skyrime SE is coming, lol

Syril

That looks really cool, but the dpad buttons seem a bit weird.

EDIT: Oh wait it's so that they can double as face buttons when you remove it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This looks pretty nice actually.

My only worry is the battery life, and the power of the console. I'm expecting some not so good performance, especially when it's portable. Would love to be proven wrong.

mackattk

My main two concerns about this is the price and how the performance matches up against PS4/XB1. This is a FAR more elegant solution than the wi-fi direct mode that the Wii U has. What would be really nice is if you can buy extra base stations at a reasonable price, so you can move your console around the house super easy if you want to. If my wife is watching tv on the main tv, I could either play it portable or have a more classic experience on a different tv without having to disconnect the system like I would have to with a normal console.

Ekid

Can you feel the pro controller sold separately for 50$/€ ?

Also is it me or there is only two trigger on the non-pro pad ? I hope the pro one has four with two analog.

Detective

Cool concept, game on the go.Game everywhere. That's the future.

Now I hope all my Xbox games can be played on Surface on the go.

Might but Switch, wanna see more games. Mario though, daaaamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom