• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

Looks good, but nothing in the trailer makes it a day one buy for me.

Mario Kart, Splatoon, 3d Mario and Zelda?

What was you hoping for on a Nintendo platform, or is it the way the hardware looks?

For me personally hardware could be pink and look like a piece of shit, so yeah a piece of pink dog shit, but if it has 3d mario, mario kart and zelda I'm buying it.

I don't see myself using the Joy-Con controllers on their own. I will definitely need a pro controller or the joy-cons connected to the screen.

Otherwise, this looks slick as fuck.

Stiler

I just still have to ask myself, who is this for?

Why would someone who already has a top of the line mobile phone get this? It's not like you can fit this thing + your phone in your pocket and most people already use their phone for games since you can play games + text/talk + browse the net, use apps, etc.

Why would Nintendo focus so much on the handheld market when mobiles have pretty much taken that over.

I feel like this would have been great in like....1999 or so, but now it just seems out of place in terms of where the market is.

jobrro

Strangest thing for me was the Splatoon bit, but I didn't see any motion controls or GamePad like functionality. Having a regular gamepad is cool, but will be interesting to see if the soul of the game carries over without some of the elements that made it unique on Wii U.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The most important thing about this is that their handheld and home console libraries will be unified. If the 3DS and Wii U were one library it would have been one of the greatest of all time, so this bodes very well for the future, even if all I use it for is exclusives.

Shiiit, I planned to hold off on getting this, but everything about that trailer made me hyped for it. It looks fucking sick.

And if that's a new Super Mario 3D World, Peach had better still be playable.

Gorillaz

fHvfSTk.png

Gameboy Micro 2 confirmed.

I got big ass hands breh

what am I supposed to do with this

kadotsu

Banned
Random thoughts:

- So many kids will lose a Joy Con.
- WiiU ports better be cheap or have a lot of new content.
-The next Mario game finally has a good camera again.
-It's the perfect successor to the Vita, with all implications.
-I hope they port Star Fox Zero and other games that were destroyed by shitty second screen features.
-It looks like a pain in the ass to switch game cards. This is a play to get more digital customers.

So they showed Mario Kart...but that was the Wii U one right? Do you think its a proof of concept that there's (obviously) a Switch version in the making but....couldn't it play the Wii U version?
It had character that wasn't in MK8 (King Boo), so I think it's a port with added content.

I like the idea I suppose of a portable gaming console with local co-op and it solves the gap between portable and home comsole sales while also comsolidating Nintendo'/ dev teams on a single console although the software shown was nothing spectacular the new Mario looked like a sucessor to Sunshine, that's cool, but none of the fame really showcased a unique control scheme or anything going on that was really remarkable. Splatoon and Mario Kart looked like direct ports. New Zelda footage is nice. Skyrim on the go is nice too I suppose. It didn't manage to hook me the way I was hoping, but I remain hopeful. Come on new Pilot Wings.

Props to those that made the central controller slab mockups! And the devkit was real you can even see the side panels cover the slots with the same notch at the top.

RibMan

Interesting name! Definitely going to need to see more of it. Hate to say it but the multiple inputs + unrealistic gameplay situations remind me of the Wii U marketing. Maybe I'm overreacting, but a lot of it seems misdirected. Hopefully I'm completely wrong on this one.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm on board with the concept. It is of course all in the execution. There is still so much we don't know.

I'm FLOORED this thing is really lunching in 5 months. They won't have a choice but to reveal a lot more if this date is to happen.

if that is 399 at launch it's dead on arrival. They simply can't price this higher than 299.. no way.

Thats how I feel. $299 and lower I will get it pretty early. But I guess that depends on what comes in the box and the actual specs of it. If it is indeed just about on par with a XBONE and doesn't come with any extra controllers, it should be $299.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I really like the concept behind it. But I will wait for all the details regarding battery life, storage space, price points and all that other fun stuff.

Looking forward to it though.

Saw the framerate chug hard in the Zelda and Skyrim handheld portions. Pretty worried about that. And no more gyro? Splatoon gonna suck then. And WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SCROLL WHEEL BUTTONS? They were the thing I was most looking forward to.

Hoping the battery life is good, when used as a portable device.

Cool concept. If the screen quality isn't shit, and the battery life is good, I'm all for it.

Floody

Not a fan of the name, but it looks like a pretty great device to have and with Nintendo having all their devs focused on it, it'll have a great library of games in no time. Saying that, I'm probably not a day 1 buyer (too many games I want releasing around the same time), but won't be waiting too long.

Looks awesome, I'm really happy.

I've always been for the hybrid, made the most sense to me. Dat Mario game. *drooooooooooooooooooool*

No Smash remaster though? I guess Splatoon/Kart took that spot.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Still not sure how I feel. The concept is interesting but that always goes in Nintendo's favor. The actual controller i'm not sure I'm feeling but I'll have to wait and see how I feel but after getting the grips for the Vita I'm not sure I can go back to a controller with the sides rounded off like this looks to be unless I'm missing something.

As to the games. Another wait and see approach as the start of a Nintendo console always has the impressive stuff, its the issue of what happens down the road. Not a day one but if it launches strong and can stay strong for the coming months after I may pick it up.

VegiHam

I want one. Fingers crossed Brexit doesn't make it utterly unaffordable...

They nailed the trailer too! Totally clear what this thing is; and the games looked fun.

Nerokis

I'm getting more and more excited for the Switch, whereas I was never that excited for the Wii U at all.

Strong start, Nintendo.

jelly

Better than I thought it would be. Not sure of the tiny controllers, but nice to see an Xbox like controller. Love the switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom