• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Cousins: Mirror's Edge 2 is in production [DICE: Never trust a badmouther]

ArjanN

I don't think it should be combatless, but guns just don't feel like a natural fit to me. You're slow and anchored to the ground while using them, which is fine for balance reasons but doesn't really make for anything entertaining. I'd much prefer they just deepened the hand-to-hand stuff and generally kept the whole thing free-flowing.

Same.

The hand to hand combat was pretty basic in the first and that does seem like an angle they could play up for more mass appeal.

I didn't really have a problem with enemies having guns, you could just speed by them 98% of the time, so they mostly just worked as a timer.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Talking about the MP:

1) Made the entire game a grindfest for unlocks, again not unlike Call of Duty. Having to unlock the red dot scope on every single gun individually is just so dumb.

2) If memory serves as the medic class you didn't even start off with a medpack. WTF

I may be wrong on that point since it's been so long though.

you needed like 3 matches to get a medpack and it was done to emphasize your role as a medic because people ignored medpacks in playtests when it was available from get-go.

Unlocks were extended because of feedback from the first game - people complained that they ranked up too fast and there was nothing to unlock too soon.

So your points are moot.

you needed like 3 matches to get a medpack and it was done to emphasize your role as a medic because people ignored medpacks in playtests when it was available from get-go.

Unlocks were extended because of feedback from the first game - people complained that they ranked up too fast and there was nothing to unlock too soon.

So your points are moot.
They're not moot. Those were dumb decisions. Maybe DICE shouldn't listen to every idiot out there.

"OOH I NEED MORE CARROTS DANGLED IN FRONT OF ME, OTHERWISE I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ENJOYING MYSELF OR NOT"

And sorry but training people to use medpacks by not giving them medpacks is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Anyway it really doesn't matter, that style of MP game (unlock grindathons) has long left me by. It's the single player stuff that bothers me more. The MP stuff was just an extra dollop of shit on the shit sandwich.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Embarrassing for DICE, really unprofessional attitude.
bionicbeagle is not DICE's spokeperson. He is just a dev.
He doesnt speak as DICE

The thread title is misleading... BAN NIROLAK!

bionicbeagle is not DICE's spokeperson. He is just a dev.
He doesnt speak as DICE

The thread title is misleading... BAN NIROLAK!
I know perfectly well who he is, that's why I find these little disclaimers "words do not represent my employer" so facetious at times. He is clearly talking about times spent at DICE when referencing this other chap. The whole thing is just awkward, like a bunch of overgrown teenage boys spouting locker room trash over the internet. If they have thoughts like this they should keep it in a private arena*. See: Diablo 3 "fuck those guys" comment.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I know perfectly well who he is, that's why I find these little disclaimers "words do not represent my employer" so facetious at times. He is clearly talking about times spent at DICE when referencing this other chap. The whole thing is just awkward, like a bunch of overgrown teenage boys spouting locker room trash over the internet. If they have thoughts like this they should keep it in a private arena*. See: Diablo 3 "fuck those guys" comment.
Agreed but thats not what happened isnt?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
They're not moot. Those were dumb decisions. Maybe DICE shouldn't listen to every idiot out there.

"OOH I NEED MORE CARROTS DANGLED IN FRONT OF ME, OTHERWISE I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ENJOYING MYSELF OR NOT"

And sorry but training people to use medpacks by not giving them medpacks is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Anyway it really doesn't matter, that style of MP game (unlock grindathons) has long left me by. It's the single player stuff that bothers me more. The MP stuff was just an extra dollop of shit on the shit sandwich.

Oh, you are that person who plays BF games for SP primarily. Carry on then.

Also what is dumb for you works for other people. You are not a universal template. If people were missing the purpose of med packs putting them as an early unlock is the best way to make people try them.

Ah well, considering how things go these days, I worry that if they did make a new ME2, I'd have to grind to level up my sprinting, or unlock the wall jump ability. Seeing that would break me I think.

Oh, you are that person who plays BF games for SP primarily. Carry on then.

Also what is dumb for you works for other people. You are not a universal template. If people were missing the purpose of med packs putting them as an early unlock is the best way to make people try them.
Yeah maybe.

I'm not convinced but its not worth arguing over.

MMaRsu

Banned
Taken from the don't tease us DICE thread :

Through an update that was given by Eurogamer in an article that was posted on Nov. 21, the following information was revealed:

Ben Cousins, general manager of ngmoco Sweden and former executive producer of the Battlefield franchise, has tweeted to say Mirror's Edge 2 is indeed in development.

Tweeting in response to this very story Cousins said: "It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE."

Currently, there is no further information regarding the development of “Mirror's Edge 2,” but this is obviously exciting news for fans of the original title.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mirror-s-edge-2-confirmed-to-be-production-at-dice

True? Untrue? Posted already?

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not even sure why Mirror's Edge is so popular to begin with. The game is a terrible shooter that only has 5 guns or so that all suck.

Myriadis

Everyone is going to be pissed at whatever direction they're taking this game with.

This is Law.

I hope the next game will tone the platforming down considerably and focus more on shooting stuff, otherwise I will be really disappointed.

lol

marrec

Banned
Not even sure why Mirror's Edge is so popular to begin with. The game is a terrible shooter that only has 5 guns or so that all suck.

Now that Assassin's Creed has perfected urban foot traversal, we don't even need another Mirror's Edge.

Top Bottom