• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best budget 4K TV for PS4 Pro w/HDR?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got any recommendations, my current tv is 8 years old (I purchased it for Halo: Reach!).
Specs/Wants:
Low latency input for PS4/Xbox One X & Switch
32" or higher (I sit 2 yards from my tv, screen size isn't a massive factor :p)
Full 4K & full HDR
32" or more
Netflix + YouTube

Difficulty modifiers:
UK shopper
£500 budget

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7100
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CVCPRTC/ (I have the 17' model its ok for gaming but everything else is ehhhh)

I regret getting this when I did cause it cost me way more and then :/ There are slightly better tvs but the budget is higher though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Anyone got any recommendations, my current tv is 8 years old (I purchased it for Halo: Reach!).
Specs/Wants:
Low latency input for PS4/Xbox One X & Switch
32" or higher (I sit 2 yards from my tv, screen size isn't a massive factor :p)
Full 4K & full HDR
32" or more
Netflix + YouTube

Difficulty modifiers:
UK shopper
£500 budget
Vizio M-series.

Im looking to upgrade from my 5 year old BenQ 1080p monitor for my Pro.

I was going to get the LG 27uk650 monitor which is reviewed well and under 500 bucks.

Then I saw that the Samsung 49NU8000 is only 650 bucks on Amazon and I can’t decide which direction to go in.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

Im looking to upgrade from my 5 year old BenQ 1080p monitor for my Pro.

I was going to get the LG 27uk650 monitor which is reviewed well and under 500 bucks.

Then I saw that the Samsung 49NU8000 is only 650 bucks on Amazon and I can’t decide which direction to go in.
Isn't the popular tcl about that price?

That Samsung has overly aggressive dimming that can ruin hdr if its the right model I'm recalling from when I was researching

Isn't the popular tcl about that price?

That Samsung has overly aggressive dimming that can ruin hdr if its the right model I'm recalling from when I was researching

I was looking at the TCL 6 series too. Looks like they have better contrast than the Sammy but I also read something about “dirty screen effect” with the TCL

Fbh

I'm also looking for something new.
Moved to another country and gave my TV to my mom (It was a 55" Samsung JS8500)
I'll have to lower the budget this time but still want something ok in the max $700 range.

I pretty much only care about the image quality (including decent HDR support), I don't care about Smart features (which I guess are standard now anyway), audio or a

I was looking at the TCL 6 series too. Looks like they have better contrast than the Sammy but I also read something about “dirty screen effect” with the TCL

I have that TCL. No dirty screen effect on my set. Like I have said. It competes with my XBR Sony that was double the price. Very impressed.

Toe-Knee

You will get a minimal amount of dirty screen effect on most lcd panels but it's usually very minimal.

If you can try going for full array local dimming over edge dimming. It can make quite a big difference.

You will get a minimal amount of dirty screen effect on most lcd panels but it's usually very minimal.

If you can try going for full array local dimming over edge dimming. It can make quite a big difference.

I’ll look for TVs that feature full array that are within my price range, thanks for the tips

I hate being so indecisive. I’ve weighed three 600-700 dollar range models (TVL 6 series and two Sammies) and at different times was sure I had picked each of them. Then I fell in love with the X900F but it’s really a little above my budget range. Leaning toward just getting the 900 and kicking myself later

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

I hate being so indecisive. I’ve weighed three 600-700 dollar range models (TVL 6 series and two Sammies) and at different times was sure I had picked each of them. Then I fell in love with the X900F but it’s really a little above my budget range. Leaning toward just getting the 900 and kicking myself later
Hold out for black Friday the prices on the 900f should drop by a fair bit.

I got this 55inch for $450 USD equivalent a few months ago:

Model: LE55A4S1UHD

F1-18.jpg

I'm astonished at the picture quality for such a budget thing. Once I got all the settings just right it was perfect for an LCD panel and the HDR is quite decent. And yes it comes with free 3 year warranty. Speakers suck but that's to be expected, I always have an external sound system to plug in.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
I'm currently looking for a high end hdr tv. Apparently LG are the leaders now in terms of HDR and low input lag?

MrDemmyB

Neo Member
I got this 55inch for $450 USD equivalent a few months ago:

Model: LE55A4S1UHD

F1-18.jpg

I'm astonished at the picture quality for such a budget thing. Once I got all the settings just right it was perfect for an LCD panel and the HDR is quite decent. And yes it comes with free 3 year warranty. Speakers suck but that's to be expected, I always have an external sound system to plug in.

I was wondering if you could share your settings on the TEAC TV. I Have the same 55inch TEAC TV and had to reset it and all my settings are gone. Trying to get it back to what i had previously before but can't seem to hit the spot!

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I was wondering if you could share your settings on the TEAC TV. I Have the same 55inch TEAC TV and had to reset it and all my settings are gone. Trying to get it back to what i had previously before but can't seem to hit the spot!

I think it's a compatibility issue

Top Bottom