• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Game sale prices (U.S.)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I imagine trying to sell physical PSVR games has to be a pain in the ass.

There is no way I'd ever choose to buy a physical PSVR game. Take off my headphones and headset to change games? Screw that.

Well, that's not entirely true. I was FORCED to buy a physical copy of Farpoint, a fact that I am still very unhappy about.

BondFancy

Going to go crazy with this sale. Definitely picking up Nier, Tales, Watch Dogs 2, Attack on Titan, and maybe Just Cause 3. How is Just Cause 3? Have updates fixed it?

Little salty I spent $30 on FFXV on NewEgg sale.

I'm confused. Is this supposed to open up to standard (non elite) GCU members after today? Or is it only for Elite members and just ending today?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm confused. Is this supposed to open up to standard (non elite) GCU members after today? Or is it only for Elite members and just ending today?

There was no notification I received about this sale in the first place and all it says is that it's open to Elite Status members and ends today.

As I wrote, I'm happy to help someone get what they want. They would just pick the items, tell me which, I get the total including tax, the send me an E-Gift Card for the total and their shipping info, I get it sent to them and provide the details. Just wanting to help fellow members out.

Darklor01

There are more Elite Status members on here than I thought there would be. LOL. We spend a lot of money at Best Buy. Sheesh. LOL.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If you were up around 1 something AM CDT last night there was a ridiculous price mistake.

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB unlocked for $100. (was likely supposed to be 100 off).
I see lots of confirmations from people that their orders shipped and that they've already picked them up from the store.

toneroni

If you were up around 1 something AM CDT last night there was a ridiculous price mistake.

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB unlocked for $100. (was likely supposed to be 100 off).
I see lots of confirmations from people that their orders shipped and that they've already picked them up from the store.

:( saw that too.
Wish I were up for that ugh. My 6+ is getting long in the tooth..

Darklor01

:( saw that too.
Wish I were up for that ugh. My 6+ is getting long in the tooth..

I cannot get a phone other than an iPhone for various complicated business related reasons and my 6+ has started to act up. I believe one of the balls of liquid which work with the tactile sensors broke or something causing the phone to fail to accept touches, locking up the screen at times. I thought it was just the phone locking up processing, but after some testing, I don't think that's the issue. I'm trying to have the phone hold out until they allow pre-order for the 8 models and until they're released. Pretty close now I should think.

(With GCU)
StarBlood Arena - $7.99
DRIVECLUB VR - $7.99 (Store pickup only for me - Got it ordered on standard shipping after a few tries, not sure what the deal was)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $7.99
PlayStation VR Worlds - $7.99
Job Simulator - $7.99 (Sold Out)
RIGS Mechanized Combat League - $15.99
EVE Valkyrie - $23.99
Battlezone - $23.99
Star Trek: Bridge Crew - 23.99
Farpoint - $31.99

PSVR Headset - $349.99
Awesome, thanks! Shame job sim is sold out. I'll prob grab Worlds and Driveclub at least.

Anyone have thoughts on Starblood Arena?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
used the 3ds promo to get Kirby Robobot & Mario 3D Land for $37. i understand that I'm not using the deal to its fullest, but i am very happy about getting to play these for the first time.

Darklor01

Some people were wondering if this sale would be unlocked for people without Elite status and it seems like it will.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/black-friday/pcmcat225600050002.c?id=pcmcat225600050002
Bargains are Back with Black Friday in July!
You don't have to wait until after Thanksgiving to take advantage of big discount savings on electronics thanks to our Black Friday in July Sale, going on July 21, 2017. There's no better time to save on some of the latest and greatest technology, from the biggest names in the business.

Shop the Black Friday in July Sale Online or In-Store
You can get in on this Black Friday Sale without ever leaving the house by shopping the deals online. Or, if you prefer to experience the thrill of a bustling store, along with the satisfaction of a cart full of deals, just head to the Best Buy store closest to you. Remember, you can always count on Best Buy for the latest tech, our price match guarantee, free shipping on thousands of items, and our free store pick-up, if that's most convenient for you....

Will update OP.

^^^Props, will have to look out on Friday.

I didn't really have any interest in GCU, but it seems like it might be worth it. A bunch of games from earlier this year I need to catch up on.

oneida

Idk if it's been mentioned, but if you add both dragon quest 3DS games to your cart, they are both $16 each.

yeah I just saw this too.
i'm still having a hard time justifying it :( i know in my heart of hearts that i will never finish either game. i have four dragon quest games for DS, barely made a dent in them.

I almost bought Yakuza 0 but then I started thinking how I'm only halfway through Yakuza 5 on PS3, so I'm going to wait. It's only going to get cheaper. Who knows when I'll get back around to Y5, much less finish it. I love the series, but I've just been distracted with other games lately (BoTW, Horizon, etc.)

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Yep, just bought Smash bros and Mario sports (don't judge me, I already own everything else on the sales list I want) at $16.00 each.

BB has a good record of honoring glitches right? I recall buying a Wii U gamepad case last year from them for $2.00 with no problems when the normal price was $40. The next day the on-sale price read $38.00. :)

oneida

Wait do you need GCU to get those discounted prices? If so fuck it.

man GCU is $30 for two years.

just get it.

The real stopper here is these deals are only open to elite status members, aka those who have spent $1,500 last year.

bman94

man GCU is $30 for two years.

just get it.

The real stopper here is these deals are only open to elite status members, aka those who have spent $1,500 last year.

Why wouldn't you have GCU? This deal alone pays for it and still saves you money.

I don't have GCU cause the only time I shop for video games there is when stuff is severely discounted. I rarely buy games brand new and usually the sale price is good enough for me without GCU. Plus now going on the website I see that there are still discounted prices, just not that much. I thought it was GCU only and you had to have it

And plus, most of expenses at Best Buy cone from Blu-Rays, computer accessories, audio stuff and big electronics. Last game I purchased from Best Buy was Horizon Zero Dawn for $40 on sale and the last was like 2016 for black friday, the amount of games I buy from Best Buy would just end uo being wasted money on GCU. Now if they had something like GCU for Blu-Rays I'd be all up on it.

I don't have GCU cause the only time I shop for video games there is when stuff is severely discounted. I rarely buy games brand new and usually the sale price is good enough for me without GCU. Plus now going on the website I see that there are still discounted prices, just not that much. I thought it was GCU only and you had to have it

And plus, most of expenses at Best Buy cone from Blu-Rays, computer accessories, audio stuff and big electronics. Last game I purchased from Best Buy was Horizon Zero Dawn for $40 on sale and the last was like 2016 for black friday, the amount of games I buy from Best Buy would just end uo being wasted money on GCU. Now if they had something like GCU for Blu-Rays I'd be all up on it.

But you're really leaving money on the table because it's stupidly easy for it to pay off. Even if you buy games when they're discounted, they're discounted even more with GCU. $60 Horizon now discounted to $40? Well now it's $32 because of GCU. That's more than half the cost of GCU in that one purchase. If you spend $75 in total throughout the year, it pays for itself.

Just in the deal we're talking about right now, that's $40 for two 3DS games without GCU, but it would be $32 with GCU. So between this and Horizon, you already not only paid for GCU but saved more money.

You'd really have to not be buying any games at all for this to not be worth it.

BondFancy

Can you use GCU soon as you buy it. As in, buy a couple games and buy GCU at the same time and still get the 20% off? My membership just expired a couple weeks ago and this sale is gonna make me renew.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

If you spend that much money at Best Buy, stack up your Reward Zone points and buy GCU with reward certificates.

Can you use GCU soon as you buy it. As in, buy a couple games and buy GCU at the same time and still get the 20% off? My membership just expired a couple weeks ago and this sale is gonna make me renew.

Yes, GCU seems to apply if you're buying the membership in the same order, but it may take a few days after that for it to work on any orders afterward.

I recently did this and it takes up to 4 hours to activate if you buy GCU separately.

Not sure if it will discount if you have the GCU membership in your cart with other games though, the site makes it look like it will, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: based on the above, instantly on stuff you buy in the same order, up to 4 hours (24 hours max) for other orders.

Top Bottom