• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Game sale prices (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I don't have GCU cause the only time I shop for video games there is when stuff is severely discounted. I rarely buy games brand new and usually the sale price is good enough for me without GCU. Plus now going on the website I see that there are still discounted prices, just not that much. I thought it was GCU only and you had to have it

And plus, most of expenses at Best Buy cone from Blu-Rays, computer accessories, audio stuff and big electronics. Last game I purchased from Best Buy was Horizon Zero Dawn for $40 on sale and the last was like 2016 for black friday, the amount of games I buy from Best Buy would just end uo being wasted money on GCU. Now if they had something like GCU for Blu-Rays I'd be all up on it.

FYI, that stuff should be on sale on Friday as well. It is today for Elite members on select titles.. Regular Price/Sale Price:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20170721-bf-july-movies
Star Trek Beyond [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$12.99
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
Office Christmas Party [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$12.99
Fences [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
Arrival [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
Allied [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
10 Cloverfield Lane [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
Monster Trucks [Includes Digital Copy] - $14.99/$9.99
Rings [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $19.99/$12.99
Ben-Hur [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
The Last Airbender [Blu-ray] - $7.99/$5.99
Aeon Flux [Blu-ray] - $7.99/$5.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/king-ko...ultra-hd-blu-ray-2005/5920801.p?skuId=5920801
King Kong [Ultimate Edition] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray] - $27.99/$20.99

Also, Up to 60% Off Movie Collections and Gift Sets:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20170721-gift-sets
Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] - $179.99/$94.99
Fast and Furious: The Ultimate Ride Collection [Blu-ray] - $69.99/$49.99
The Complete Die Hard Collection [Nakatomi Plaza Edition] [Blu-ray] [6 Discs] - $104.99/$39.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Collectible Turtle Lunchbox Gift Set [Blu-ray/DVD] - $31.99/$19.99

Yes, I've actually copied/pasted this shit myself because I love you people. ;)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
A shame the 3DS sale doesn't extend to all first-party 3DS games, I'd love to get that deal on Hey Pikmin and Miitopia.

Tempted to pick up Mario Party and Super Mario Maker but Splatoon this week and the aforementioned titles next week I don't really need to be spending any more money on games.

border

When exactly does Black Friday in July start?

I prefer to buy digital copies of PSVR games, but those discounts are hard to ignore.

Darklor01

When exactly does Black Friday in July start?

I prefer to buy digital copies of PSVR games, but those discounts are hard to ignore.

Now for Elite members, for today only, better with GCU discount. Friday for everyone else. Limited stock available.

There are gaffers who have Elite Status who may help others with purchases to take advantage before the masses get the deals. Elite Status means you have spent at least $1500 in a year with Best Buy and that is associated with your account.

Now for Elite members, for today only, better with GCU discount. Friday for everyone else. Limited stock available.

There are gaffers who have Elite Status who may help others with purchases to take advantage before the masses get the deals. Elite Status means you have spent at least $1500 in a year with Best Buy and that is associated with your account.

It's kind of crazy how little I bought things at Best Buy prior to GCU. Then, GCU happened which lead me to finding out about Elite status which then went from shifting just game purchases, but other purchases as well so I could hit that Elite status.

Elite is great for early access sales, including Black Friday, extended return window, free shipping with no minimum, bonus rewards points on every purchase, and the ability to bank points so you can redeem them when you want rather than the automatic distribution of reward certificates.

Darklor01

It's kind of crazy how little I bought things at Best Buy prior to GCU. Then, GCU happened which lead me to finding out about Elite status which then went from shifting just game purchases, but other purchases as well so I could hit that Elite status.

Elite is great for early access sales, including Black Friday, extended return window, free shipping with no minimum, bonus rewards points on every purchase, and the ability to bank points so you can redeem them when you want rather than the automatic distribution of reward certificates.

This is why I use my Best Buy credit card to boost everyday purchases into points. I think that counts towards the Elite Status/Elite Plus status, but I can't tell anymore. Either way, the CC helps me earn points which convert to rewards certs. Combine this with $10 rewards certs for pre-ordering certain games (A lot right now), and other CC Promotions they run for bonus points on purchases such has home improvement, restaurants, etc. and the points keep rolling in. I'm sitting on over $160 in rewards. Free purchases of any kind at BB with that, not just games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
using the 3DS price bug, here's my haul

bHG4nGQ.gif

$59.50 after tax.

can any reputable Gaffer help me get a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn? i'm trusted on the gaf feedback list with my obvious hoarding problems... Thank you

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I've been holding out for a Yakuza 0 price drop, I guess now is the perfect time. And I get paid tomorrow.

Edit- Oh damn, I'm not an elite member.

Darklor01

can any reputable Gaffer help me get a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn? i'm trusted on the gaf feedback list with my obvious hoarding problems... Thank you

I got ya Fam. I would need for you to email me an e-gift card code for the $ amount. If you PM me all titles you want, your name and shipping information, I will get back to you with total inc. tax. Shipping is free (2-day). I'll get back to you with the total and my email address. I'll get back to you with your order # and later, tracking #.

Same if you want neurosyphilis.

reKon

Banned
If you were up around 1 something AM CDT last night there was a ridiculous price mistake.

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB unlocked for $100. (was likely supposed to be 100 off).
I see lots of confirmations from people that their orders shipped and that they've already picked them up from the store.

holy shit, I was up then

Daouzin

I'm an Elite Member, but nothing is really jumping out to me as an "amazing deal," think I'm good on games for a while. Steam Sale + PSN sale a few weeks back as well as some great humble deals have me with a ridiculous backlog right now.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Purchased Just Cause 3 and Ratchet & Clank for PS4. Total was $30.46 including tax. Once I finish R&C, I'll trade it in to GameStop and get back half of what I spent on it. Same with Just Cause 3 if I can get into it. Hopefully, those challenges aren't that bad.

Morts

I should have bought Sun & Moon while the glitch was active. Oh well, ended up with Kirby Robobot and Yoshi's Wooly World for $32.

bman94

But you're really leaving money on the table because it's stupidly easy for it to pay off. Even if you buy games when they're discounted, they're discounted even more with GCU. $60 Horizon now discounted to $40? Well now it's $32 because of GCU. That's more than half the cost of GCU in that one purchase. If you spend $75 in total throughout the year, it pays for itself.

Just in the deal we're talking about right now, that's $40 for two 3DS games without GCU, but it would be $32 with GCU. So between this and Horizon, you already not only paid for GCU but saved more money.

You'd really have to not be buying any games at all for this to not be worth it.

If you spend that much money at Best Buy, stack up your Reward Zone points and buy GCU with reward certificates.

I caved in and got GCU cause I had $20 in reward zone points so that deferred the cost of GCU a bit. It was a pleasant surprise to see that it activated the lowered price at the same time as buying GCU.

Ended up with Yakuza 0 and Nier Automatica.

FYI, that stuff should be on sale on Friday as well. It is today for Elite members on select titles.. Regular Price/Sale Price:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20170721-bf-july-movies
Star Trek Beyond [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$12.99
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
Office Christmas Party [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$12.99
Fences [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
Arrival [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
Allied [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - $14.99/$9.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
10 Cloverfield Lane [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
Monster Trucks [Includes Digital Copy] - $14.99/$9.99
Rings [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $19.99/$12.99
Ben-Hur [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - $14.99/$9.99
The Last Airbender [Blu-ray] - $7.99/$5.99
Aeon Flux [Blu-ray] - $7.99/$5.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/king-ko...ultra-hd-blu-ray-2005/5920801.p?skuId=5920801
King Kong [Ultimate Edition] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray] - $27.99/$20.99

Also, Up to 60% Off Movie Collections and Gift Sets:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20170721-gift-sets
Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] - $179.99/$94.99
Fast and Furious: The Ultimate Ride Collection [Blu-ray] - $69.99/$49.99
The Complete Die Hard Collection [Nakatomi Plaza Edition] [Blu-ray] [6 Discs] - $104.99/$39.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Collectible Turtle Lunchbox Gift Set [Blu-ray/DVD] - $31.99/$19.99

Yes, I've actually copied/pasted this shit myself because I love you people. ;)

Yeah I browsed through those categories too, unfortunately nothing that I wanted. None of the movies/box sets interested me and literally two of the headphones the had on sale (the Sony Bluetooth Headphones, both models) I already have and bought from them. If they had some Bose I might have jumped on that.

mikeGFG

Banned
Going on a one week trip soon and I'm looking for two 3DS games (Pokemon Sun is literally the only 3DS game I have)

I'm thinking between:

Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Animal Crossing New leaf
Dragon Quest 7 or 8 (though I hear 7 is kind of a slog)

Thoughts?

Piscus

Going on a one week trip soon and I'm looking for two 3DS games (Pokemon Sun is literally the only 3DS game I have)

I'm thinking between:

Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Animal Crossing New leaf

Thoughts?
Mario 3D Land is a no-brainer. Animal Crossing will last you a while if you like thay lind of game. I am in the middle of playing DQ7, and yea, it is kind of a slog. I am finally warming up to it, but.... no game should require 25 hours to get to that point. Based on my research, DQ8 might be the better title for you if you want an RPG. I'd probably pick NSMB2 last from that list... well, second to last, if we are counting DQ7.

Earlier today it was taking off 50% from both games if you bought two with the same MSRP. I turned like $140 trade in "profit" from the titles I bought. Still have more games on the way, but I couldn't get some in store near me, so waiting on that. Mario Maker traded in for $21.50 at one of the game-stops near me and I got a 40% trade in bonus so that was ~$31. So that was a good one.

Gamestop has a deal on monday with Coupon for 50% extra credit, but I'm sure the trade values will crater at that point, especially with these deals. Hopefully I can at least come out even or a little ahead on the rest of my games coming Friday.

Sale is now available to all "MyBestBuy" members. 3DS double 50% off deal is dead, but it's still a great deal even without that if you have GCU.

Earlier today it was taking off 50% from both games if you bought two with the same MSRP. I turned like $140 trade in "profit" from the titles I bought. Still have more games on the way, but I couldn't get some in store near me, so waiting on that. Mario Maker traded in for $21.50 at one of the game-stops near me and I got a 40% trade in bonus so that was ~$31. So that was a good one.

Gamestop has a deal on monday with Coupon for 50% extra credit, but I'm sure the trade values will crater at that point, especially with these deals. Hopefully I can at least come out even or a little ahead on the rest of my games coming Friday.

Does the 50% coupon you have go through the first week of August? The coupon I have can be used from July 24th through August 4th. TIV's get a bump up at the end of the month so it may be worth waiting until the 31st to do your trade in if possible.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

I'm thinking between:

Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Animal Crossing New leaf

Thoughts?

Nab Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having issues with getting verification codes to work to be able to buy digital PC games?

Wadiwasi

Banned
I really like threads like these. Picked up Kingdom Hearts because I never played the first ones and the 1.5 +2.5 Remix name was confusing as hell. Finally looked it up and pulled the trigger. 27 bucks isn't bad for 1 & 2. Hopefully I'll play it before 3 releases

Darklor01

I really like threads like these. Picked up Kingdom Hearts because I never played the first ones and the 1.5 +2.5 Remix name was confusing as hell. Finally looked it up and pulled the trigger. 27 bucks isn't bad for 1 & 2. Hopefully I'll play it before 3 releases

I love these games, but hell is the story hard to follow. If I might suggest, read online suggestions in regards to the suggested order in which to play these games for it to make the most sense. There are even some you might choose not to play as a result.

After playing, if it still fails to make sense, there are plenty of the story so far Youtube videos.

KodaRuss

Guess I am going to get Yakuza 0. Still going to wait a little longer on the others that I kinda want, too many games to play right now so little time.

Top Bottom