• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Game sale prices (U.S.)

tempted on getting tokyo mirage sessions, this is probably as low as it's gonna get.

Same here. I was REALLY close to ordering it, but I have a feeling a Switch version is coming, and I'd love to have it there. I may still order it before tonight though,

Super Bomberman R for 31.99$ worth it anyone? Game seems neat but really feels a digital purchase... that price is just too high on eshop for me though.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Same here. I was REALLY close to ordering it, but I have a feeling a Switch version is coming, and I'd love to have it there. I may still order it before tonight though,

IMO, if helpful, if you have an item which is on sale for a price you don't want to miss, and still have some reservations:

Purchase the item on sale, do not open it. If you decide on keeping it, open it, otherwise, note the company return policy. In the case of Best Buy, it not only varies by product, but by your membership level.

If you return, you won't miss out on the sale price while you are considering. At minimum, you should have 15 days to return it (I would do that in-store to make sure it is returned on time), but for some, that's 30 or 45 days while considering whether to keep it at that sale price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...cy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

Does the 50% coupon you have go through the first week of August? The coupon I have can be used from July 24th through August 4th. TIV's get a bump up at the end of the month so it may be worth waiting until the 31st to do your trade in if possible.

I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home. I think it's for a few days? I'm just worried about them getting flooded with specific titles and lowering the value from people doing the same. The 3DS is practically Kaput too so, the values are dropping the longer we go.

bman94

tempted on getting tokyo mirage sessions, this is probably as low as it's gonna get.

Jump on it, I have a feeling it'll be hard to find later on. I got mine for $40 from Gamestop a few months ago and that was the only time I've seen it discounted more than $10.

IrishNinja

damn wonder if binding of Isaac on switch is worth $23...also $40 for Tokyo mirage sessions still seems high but that's one of the few I'm worried will be hard to find one day

$100 4TB HDD w/giftcard is tempting, is easystone a decent brand?

TransTrender

Gold Member
Grabbed Puyo Puyo Tetris Launch Edition for Switch.

Wanted to get Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience but it's not available anywhere.

Was thinking of getting Yakuza 0 but I'm not sure if the the price will go lower than this.

Was also thinking of getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE but not sure if I'll like it.

All three of those games have been on my list for a while but I'm bummed I can't get MGSV.

Holy shit, Mafia 3 for Windows is $12?

I wasn't even interested in playing that game at launch, but $12 is almost "give it a shot" money...

Rockeeo

damn wonder if binding of Isaac on switch is worth $23...also $40 for Tokyo mirage sessions still seems high but that's one of the few I'm worried will be hard to find one day

It is a Western Digital drive. I bought the 2 TB a few weeks ago. Seems good. Heavier than I expected though.

I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home. I think it's for a few days? I'm just worried about them getting flooded with specific titles and lowering the value from people doing the same. The 3DS is practically Kaput too so, the values are dropping the longer we go.

Given that only people with Best Buy Elite status were able to take advantage of the glitch, I wouldn't be too worried about these games getting traded in en masse and tanking the value. Values tend to get bumped up at the end of the month (at least that's what I learned from Flipageddon) so I'd wait to the end of the month if you can.

It's worth the $23 for Isaac. Same price as it was during the Steam Sale I believe so that's why I bought it for Switch instead.

ss_lemonade

So I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris today. Are these supposed to come with keychains or no? The product page shows keychains but I just realized my order didn't come with any.

No. They just handed me the game in a switch game case. My receipt says "launch edition" though
Try to see if you can exchange it. Make sure you stress the fact that it even says "Launch Edition" on your receipt. But also make sure they have one!

It looks like this:
C78v_DVe_VAAAub_D.jpg

Boo. yeah you can try to exchange it if you want. The keychain is pretty cool.
This too!

ss_lemonade

Try to see if you can exchange it. Make sure you stress the fact that it even says "Launch Edition" on your receipt. But also make sure they have one!

It looks like this:
C78v_DVe_VAAAub_D.jpg

This too!
So I was still in the area and asked about it. They realized that this was the standard edition that replaces the launch edition and that they did not carry the launch edition anymore. They couldn't figure out why it had the same SKU though and apologized due to their site being misleading. They took $10 off of my order to compensate

So I was still in the area and asked about it. They realized that this was the standard edition that replaces the launch edition and that they did not carry the launch edition anymore. They couldn't figure out why it had the same SKU though and apologized due to their site being misleading. They took $10 off of my order to compensate
Oh! Well, at least you got the regular edition for 10 dollars less! That's pretty great!

It's such a good game too! You'll enjoy it!

ss_lemonade

Oh! Well, at least you got the regular edition for 10 dollars less! That's pretty great!

It's such a good game too! You'll enjoy it!
Yeah, $15 after tax for the game seemed like a pretty good deal so I just used the discount immediately (I was allowed to use the $10 off on a future purchase)

Yeah, $15 after tax for the game seemed like a pretty good deal so I just used the discount immediately (I was allowed to use the $10 off on a future purchase)

Oh wow, I'd take $10 off over the keychain any day. Did you do online order with in store pickup, or just buy in store?

Been playing the Puyo Puyo tetris demo all week, so happy i was able to get it for for 23.99! Thanks OP! This and Splatoon 2 will make this weekend fun

Qwark

Crap, my copy of Puyo didn't come with a keychain either. I might just call it a wash, not sure if it's worth going back to sort it out.

border

It looks like I can buy now through some kind of Early Access program. It's letting me put Until Dawn: Rush of Blood in my cart for $9.99.

It's such a bummer that Job Simulator is already sold out. Is there any hope of a restock or a rival deal from Amazon?

It looks like I can buy now through some kind of Early Access program. It's letting me put Until Dawn: Rush of Blood in my cart for $9.99.

It's such a bummer that Job Simulator is already sold out. Is there any hope of a restock or a rival deal from Amazon?

Currently, it's early access for my Best Buy rewards members. which anyone can set up for free and it sounds like you did. In 20 min, it'll just be open to anyone and everyone.

As far as Job Simulator, I had though they would have more stock allocated when it opened up to the public, but the fact that none opened up when they went to Best Buy rewards members makes me think it's unlikely. I still have a sliver of hope that it'll be available but I'm not counting on it. I also am trying to get a copy for myself.

border

As far as Job Simulator, I had though they would have more stock allocated when it opened up to the public, but the fact that none opened up when they went to Best Buy rewards members makes me think it's unlikely. I still have a sliver of hope that it'll be available but I'm not counting on it. I also am trying to get a copy for myself.

I've been a Best Buy rewards member since forever, so I'm glad that it is finally paying off, even if only in the form of a $10 discount on Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

It looks like Amazon is selling Job Simulator to Prime members for $20. I suppose that's not as good as the Best Buy sale, but given that the digital version is still selling for $40 it's a pretty nice discount.

I've been a Best Buy rewards member since forever, so I'm glad that it is finally paying off, even if only in the form of a $10 discount on Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

It looks like Amazon is selling Job Simulator to Prime members for $20. I suppose that's not as good as the Best Buy sale, but given that the digital version is still selling for $40 it's a pretty nice discount.

Isn't the digital version $30, not $40? Either way, $20 is just that borderline where I'm not sure I'll bite where as $8 is just impulse buy territory.

Looks like the sale went up but no change in Job Simulator unfortunately. A shame I missed it, but I'm sure it'll be that cheap again. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood as been as cheap as $6 before, and seems to frequently have discounts so I hope the same is true for Job Simulator.

border

Isn't the digital version $30, not $40?

The PSN store is currently broken, so I have no idea. The last time I looked it was $40. I'd gladly pay $20 for a digital version, but $20 for a disc is kinda lame given how obnoxious it is to have to switch out discs in the middle of a VR session. I haven't bought any disc-based VR games aside from the Rez special edition.

Definitely scooping up Yakuza 0 and Watch Dogs 2. Tempted to get Horizon, NieR, and Injustice- not sure if they will be lower in price later down the year. They are pretty much 50% off now, not sure if Black Friday deals will be much better.

Given that only people with Best Buy Elite status were able to take advantage of the glitch, I wouldn't be too worried about these games getting traded in en masse and tanking the value. Values tend to get bumped up at the end of the month (at least that's what I learned from Flipageddon) so I'd wait to the end of the month if you can.

Looks like it will be fine, the coupon is good from the 24th through the 6th of August.

Best Buy has another glitch!!

This is for 3DS games. (GCU)
Buy 1 get 1 50% off for select 3DS games sale is still going on, but they are discounting the price of the more expensive game online.

Add the following game that are priced $15.99 or $23.99 with GCU:
Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Nintendo Selects: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Nintendo Selects: Mario & Luigi's Dream Team
Nintendo Selects: Kirby Triple Deluxe
Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Then add a $31.99 game.
Pokemon Sun
Pokemon Moon
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Super Smash Bros
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Sports Superstars
Super Mario Maker
Mario Party: Star Rush
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Bravely Second: End Layer
Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon: Omega Ruby

In your cart, you will have the 1st game at its price, then the 2nd game will be $16. Your total before tax will be $31.99 or $39.99. Give it a shot before they catch it. I did it with Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Moon.

Top Bottom