• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Game sale prices (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yesterday was online only right? When can I go in store?

Yesterday was online/in-store for Elite Status members. Today is online/in-store based on availability of the items for My Best Buy members (people with a My Best Buy account). Tomorrow is open season.

Earlier, I updated the Op with items which were either Sold out, or have limited availability.

Matticers

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience seems like it isn't available anywhere. Best Buy doesn't have it online or at any stores in my area and even Gamestop was out of the game immediately when they had it on sale for $15 or whatever it was a few weeks ago. At least for the PS4 version which is what I want. Xbox One is available.

Darklor01

When do rewards points apply to my account? I just recently got GCU and it says my order shipped.

There are a few times in a month the points apply to your account. Timing varies. For example, I have several about to apply on July 24th. They usually expire a year after issue, but there are expiration date notes on rewards after they are issued.

side note: I have updated the OP with more availability status notes about Sold Out/Check Store..etc.
Also, there are a quite a few digital strategy guides which are on sale from $9.99 down to $3.99, and there is a Fallout bobble head on clearance for $74.99.

Went yesterday to the store and being an elite member they said it was online only and not in store. It also says online only in their webpage.

Wheres that text in their webpage that says in store too?!

Wadiwasi

Banned
I love these games, but hell is the story hard to follow. If I might suggest, read online suggestions in regards to the suggested order in which to play these games for it to make the most sense. There are even some you might choose not to play as a result.

After playing, if it still fails to make sense, there are plenty of the story so far Youtube videos.

Thanks for the tip!

Darklor01

Went yesterday to the store and being an elite member they said it was online only and not in store. It also says online only in their webpage.

Wheres that text in their webpage that says in store too?!

Actually,
http://www.bestbuy.com/
"Early access ends today. Not available in store. Limited quantities." is in the black portion of the circle on the front page of the site above the Shop the Sale button.

I'm guessing the only reason for a "Check Stores" button is because you can order online for ship-to store. There are some items they won't ship which are limited to order online for availability at a local store, but not for initial purchase in-store.

I will update the OP to avoid confusion.

Qwark

Nice, got 4 games:
KH 2.8 - been waiting on a good price
Puyo Switch - need a new Switch game and heard it's good
Hitman - Heard good things, want to check it out
Paper Mario Color Splash, this basically completes my Wii U essentials collection, and this is the cheapest I've seen.

Pretty happy with this, didn't expect them to have stock for the things I wanted.

Lee

This is off topic but since we're talking about BestBuy I figured I would ask here. I had a preorder for Destiny 2 but ended up buying it digitally and cancelled it yesterday. They charged me $19.99 for the Destiny 2 BETA code.

ugdx3eO.png

Does anyone else find this extremely shady? Is this a normal practice for BestBuy?

I know this is video game stuff but any thoughts on Peter Jackson's King Kong 4K UHD? I haven't seen the whole movie in forever but it's on a small sale.

This is off topic but since we're talking about BestBuy I figured I would ask here. I had a preorder for Destiny 2 but ended up buying it digitally and cancelled it yesterday. They charged me $19.99 for the Destiny 2 BETA code.

ugdx3eO.png

Does anyone else find this extremely shady? Is this a normal practice for BestBuy?
Shady as hell. They should return that $$$. And not keep it. Beta code should be included with the pre order.

Darklor01

ugdx3eO.png

I just checked my order, and there was $0.00 charge next to the beta. I haven't cancelled, so I can't say it's the exact scenario, but I'd call customer service.

I also did order a Call of Duty WW2 copy for PS4, got the beta code, cancelled the order at a later day and then ordered a copy for XBOX One and got another code. Didn't get charged either time.

Edit:
Why does the actual product show it's $0.00 and the beta show $19.99?? It should be full charge on "Product Price", reflect discounts for "Product Total" and be $0 for beta code price.

Lee

I just checked my order, and there was $0.00 charge next to the beta. I haven't cancelled, so I can't say it's the exact scenario, but I'd call customer service.

I also did order a Call of Duty WW2 copy for PS4, got the beta code, cancelled the order at a later day and then ordered a copy for XBOX One and got another code. Didn't get charged either time.

Edit:
Why does the actual product show it's $0.00 and the beta show $19.99?? It should be full charge on product not $19.99 and $0 for beta code price.

No idea. That's how my order looks now and it says my card was charged the $19.99.

I'll ask for a refund. What a shady business practice.

Darklor01

No idea. That's how my order looks now and it says my card was charged the $19.99.

I'll ask for a refund. What a shady business practice.

I don't think that's a business practice thing. I think that's a system screw up thing. I checked my order for the same product, and it shows the price of the product properly at $59.99 and the beta code price at $0.

linkboy

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience seems like it isn't available anywhere. Best Buy doesn't have it online or at any stores in my area and even Gamestop was out of the game immediately when they had it on sale for $15 or whatever it was a few weeks ago. At least for the PS4 version which is what I want. Xbox One is available.

Yea, I was looking to pick it up. Oh well, I saw Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch for $23.

Matt

ugdx3eO.png

This happened to me once with a movie. I think it's more a problem with how awful their point of sales system is than anything else. Just call and they should refund you,

KH 1.5+2.5 is sooooo tempting, but I'm still a cheapass waiting for it to fall to $25.

You're waiting for it to be 2 dollars cheaper?...

You just spent 2 dollars reading this post.

I kinda want Nier and KH.....

But I don't NEED them... I think I can wait till year end sale.

Yukinari

Honestly the price for KH2.8 is still too much. It was too much at launch and still is on sale.

But for some reason i dont see it dropping lower.

Miletius

Time to pick up Puyo x Tetris for Switch for multiplayer. The switch coming with 2 capable controllers for multiplay is a godsend.

th4tguy

I'm most interrested in the switch titles but I don't want to go physical... Argh, so conflicting. Puyo Puyo be mine already!

Jumped in on The Show for $20. Had a $5 cert.

Some pretty good deals in there but I need to be smarter with my money and time. The backlog is too big as is but I love me some Show.

That's a great deal on the 4TB drive, especially with a $25 gift card too. I just ordered one. Will likely use it on my PS4.

Yep picked this up. A $199 4TB drive for $75 is pretty nice. It wouldn't let me use my $5 discount because you can't use a discount to buy a gift card (the $25 you get for free), but that's cool

Top Bottom