• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

best chocolate bar?

Ever had Royce? I always get one of these when I have a layover in Narita.
J26P8t1.jpg

Their chocolate bars are good too
NRDe012.jpg

They have a store in downtown Chicago, interesting.

psyfi

Banned
I've been seeing chocolate from a new company called Tony's around Portland lately and they're REALLY good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't know what this is, but I do know I want it.

Flake is amazing. There is also twirl which is coated in chocolate so slightly less messy to eat

Flake is basically weaponised chocolate. When you bite it, it immediately explodes and aerosolises into a mist of pure chocolate in your mouth. And it is amazing. It helps that it is Cadbury dairy milk, the king of milk chocolate

Lucreto

Flake is amazing. There is also twirl which is coated in chocolate so slightly less messy to eat

Flake is basically weaponised chocolate. When you bite it, it immediately explodes and aerosolises into a mist of pure chocolate in your mouth. And it is amazing. It helps that it is Cadbury dairy milk, the king of milk chocolate

King of Chocolate alright. I got a 850g dairy milk bar for Easter and it's taunting me.

Necron

My favourite 70% chocolate here in Switzerland is the "project Honduras". Strange cover but the chocolate is amazing - intense cacao flavour but not bitter in taste. It's perfect really.

dickroach

I've been seeing chocolate from a new company called Tony's around Portland lately and they're REALLY good.

there was a chocolate bar thread like a month ago and everyone in there was raving about Tony's. first time I saw it brought up here. gaf's weird

there's a market a couple of blocks from me that has em. what flavor should I get?

Antagon

Tony's Chocolonely? It's a Belgian brand and has been around for a while. I like their colorful wrappers, always makes me think of the Willie Wonka books.

Antagon

Not Belgian, Dutch.

Slave-free and very tasty. Sea salt - caramel is probably my favorite flavor.

Thanks, not sure why I thought it was Belgian. And yeah, the sea salt caramel is real good.

I do eat more chocolate from another Dutch company, Chocolate Makers, thought. Their stuff is more traditional (only cacao, sugar, cacao butter (+ milk) as their default ingredients. And one bar with a little bit of salt and another with cacao nibs. Everything they god is real good.

Are most of the choco shown here EU only? I havent seen most of these here in the states.

Also I've been told our choco isnt that great sadly.

Disxo

A really high quality bar from a company like Dandelion and Pralus can actually be very tasty. It's still going to have bitterness, but a good bitterness like a quality cup of coffee or a beer does.
Wow, some interesting pieces of chocolate there, I expect a flavour similar to a cup of pure cocoa, still, there is no harm in trying one.

JTripper

Tried to stop buying most of my favorite chocolates and candy (Kit-Kat, M&Ms, Crunch and Buncha Crunch, Hersheys, Twix) but recently been guilty of impulse buying Kinder Buenos when shopping.

Top Bottom