• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

best chocolate bar?

tenchir

I have read articles that claim that most people can't tell the difference between high-end chocolates and the one you buy in grocery stores and to be honest, I can't tell either and I have tried expensive chocolates and the $2.00 bars you buy at your local supermarkets.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/why-does-your-chocolate-taste-so-bad-335178.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...-a-sucker-if-you-like-mast-brothers-chocolate

I basically buy whatever is tasty to me, I wouldn't any brand of chocolate to anyone knowing that people have different taste and when you get right down to it are unable to tell the difference between expensive chocolate and cheap chocolate.

Dingens

[...]
HG_Tequila_1.jpg

Tequila with salt and lemon. Good stuff.

I knew they have crazy ass flavours but this may be a bit to rich for my taste...

did enjoy their crispy caramel stuff though (but why does it have to be round?)
MB_KnusperCaramell_1.jpg
MB_KnusperCaramell_3.jpg

That's probably because most people don't eat enough chocolate to tell.

Probably this. I used to be Hersheys only. I tried many other brands of chocolates and Hersheys ended up somewhere in the low-middle. I can definitely taste the difference between the same type of chocolate from different brands.

Hershey still has a place for me because it's not too sweet, but it doesn't taste... chocolatey enough?

Jzero

I've never seen the majority of these in the U.S. :(
I love Kinder but they are so overpriced/banned here.
My favorite used to be hershey's cookie and cream but lord this is like that going super saiyan

I want one.

Wag

51XMnLjI%2BJL._SX355_.jpg

This was pretty awesome but I don't think TJ's carries it anymore- just the normal chocolate ones.

satriales

I have read articles that claim that most people can't tell the difference between high-end chocolates and the one you buy in grocery stores and to be honest, I can't tell either and I have tried expensive chocolates and the $2.00 bars you buy at your local supermarkets.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/why-does-your-chocolate-taste-so-bad-335178.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...-a-sucker-if-you-like-mast-brothers-chocolate

I basically buy whatever is tasty to me, I wouldn't any brand of chocolate to anyone knowing that people have different taste and when you get right down to it are unable to tell the difference between expensive chocolate and cheap chocolate.
Yeah I tried a bar that cost £100 for 100g and it was nice but I wouldn't have been able to tell it apart from many cheaper ones in a blind taste test.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
s643667121527569464_p117_i1_w624.jpeg

Kinder chocolate bars

My wife had me try these and it's probably my most requested chocolate, if any. They taste the best left in the fridge and with alcohol.

My wife isn't from America, so Kinder chocolate has been her favorite.

Hershey's Cookies and Cream has been a longstanding favorite of mine, I'm always a fan of white chocolate, really. I also really enjoy White Crunch and 100 Grand, but they only seem to be available in fun sizes (and regarding the former, it only seems to be available during Halloween). Milka chocolate is also good but its been quite a while since I had one of those.

On the lower rung of the ladder, I also like Twix (though the quality seems to vary by its room temperature--bars that are stored in too cold room temperatures tend to have the caramel harden, which sucks :/) and Kit Kat. Been really yearning to try the white Kit Kat they've introduced recently.

e: Also forgot about Tolberone, another chocolate I really enjoy (especially the white chocolate version) that I haven't had in a while.

s643667121527569464_p117_i1_w624.jpeg

Kinder chocolate bars

My wife had me try these and it's probably my most requested chocolate, if any. They taste the best left in the fridge and with alcohol.

My wife isn't from America, so Kinder chocolate has been her favorite.
I used to get these all the time growing up in Dubai. Not so much ever since we moved back to the states when I was 11.

I miss Kinder bars. It's been fifteen years... :(

It's weird that they don't have Kinder bars in the states. They don't have toys in them like the eggs. They're pretty good, for a cheapish chocolate. The eggs aren't my speed, though.

Top Bottom