• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Couples in Videogames

spiI0.png

Looks like I'm going to second this vote.

Arjen

Mass Effect, Shepard and Liara.
I tried to find a normal not disturbing picture for this post, but my safe search was off, oh boy...

Berto

Grace and Gabe from Gabriel Knight series
gk2_2.jpg

Robert and Anna from The Last Express
last_express_shot.jpg

Johnny and River from To the Moon
to-the-moon-top.jpg

GorillaJu

HioSb.png

Fang + Vanille, Final Fantasy XIII. It's not *canon* necessarily, but I honestly think there's enough subtext there to reasonably interpret their relationship as romantic, and that, *if* they are a couple, it's easily the most understated and best handled out of all the FF relationships.

Also going to add a +1 to Luna/Alex and Feena/Justin.

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly.

It's a pretty common "big sister/little sister" style relationship, though, in terms of how those are usually portrayed in Japan. There's certainly some innuendo but I'd bet it's only there for fan service.

JoeBoy101

Recently:

the-walking-dead-game-clementine-and-lee.jpg

This is not getting near enough amount of love. The relationship between Clem and Lee (the player) in Telltale's The Walking Dead is one of the most emotional I've ever seen in a videogame. I've never seen gamers get so rabid at the thought of a little girl in danger, but everyone has gotten paternal/maternal towards her.

Also, Clementine is the best written child in a videogame thus far.

I can't help but notice that a decent amount of suggested couples in this thread aren't couples at all.

I think my vote goes to Anju and Kafei. Their sidequest is one of the main reasons I remember Majora's Mask fondly.

Sadist

Zidane and Garnet mentioned? Good.
Justin and Feena? Excellent.

As a father/daughter dynamic, Lee and Clem? Also mentioned.

My job's done.

m0t0k1

Chris and Jill is the worst crack pairing of all. 6 or so games and there's no hint of them actually liking each other that way but fans put them together anyway for no other reason that they are the male and female lead of a franchise. At least Leon/Ada Wong is actually canon and has been on-going plot since the first time the two characters were introduced.

Somebody didn't play
Resident Evil: Revelations

My favorite couples are:
Syrenne and Lowell from the Last Story
Diddy Kong en Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country 2
Sonic and Tails from Sonic the hedgehog 2
Producer and Miki from Idolm@sters
junpei and june from 999

Top Bottom