• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Couples in Videogames

Misterhbk

tumblr_m845zb41Cw1r8n3mfo1_400.jpg

-- Shepard and Tali (Mass Effect)
-- Jansen and Ming (Lost Odyssey)

Hqdefault.jpg

-- Steiner and Beatrix (FFIX)

Final%20Fantasy%209%20_%206.jpg

Stop playing around honorable mention -- Leon and Ada (RE)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Prince_x_Elika_by_Malaglar.jpg

The dialogue between these two was absolutely magical. It's the main reason I bought a Collector's Edition of the game after I had beaten it on a rental.

Roto13

That one was weird.

He was like "Well she can run around and stuff. It's settled! I'll make her my wife."

And around the tenth time he uses one of those sand pillar things and passes out, he wakes up to her stroking his head and saying worried things (despite passing out from sand pillars being old hat at that point) and suddenly calling him "my love" and like wtf. Their relationship just pops into being.

Loved that final kiss though. That was a great moment.

Shocked and dismayed nobody's mentioned Locke and Celes from FFVI. They're my favorite by a landslide.

Other notables include Luke and Tear from Tales of the Abyss and Lyn and Rath from Fire Emblem.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
21-Lufia_II_-_Rise_of_the_Sinistrals.351.png

Although I still feel bad about how Tia was just discarded, but nonetheless...

Tia wanted a man who would settle and not take risks or go on adventures - which was basically what Maxim was born to do. She feared for Maxim whenever he fought unlike Selan who had faith in his abilities.

Still a dick move by Maxim, but it's the touches like this that made Lufia 2 such a great game. Now I've got the ending music stuck in my head. ;_;

terrisus

Tia wanted a man who would settle and not take risks or go on adventures - which was basically what Maxim was born to do. She feared for Maxim whenever he fought unlike Selan who had faith in his abilities.

Still a dick move by Maxim, but it's the touches like this that made Lufia 2 such a great game. Now I've got the ending music stuck in my head. ;_;

Oh, I agree, it made complete sense given the various personalities. Tia was never comfortable with Maxim going out and battling, and was unhappy any time he was gone, while Maxim had to follow his calling. Meanwhile, Selan was his perfect match. Still, I couldn't help but feel sad that, as soon as Selan came into the picture, Tia was basically just pushed out and disappeared.

And, yes, I have the same music running through my head, and all the lines as well. Such a marvelous game (and Lufia 1 as well, with the foreshadowing of what would happen in Lufia 2).

Replicant

Chris and Jill is the worst crack pairing of all. 6 or so games and there's no hint of them actually liking each other that way but fans put them together anyway for no other reason that they are the male and female lead of a franchise. At least Leon/Ada Wong is actually canon and has been on-going plot since the first time the two characters were introduced.

Isaac/Ellie from Dead Space 2, Nate/Elena from Uncharted 2 are also legit.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Oh, I agree, it made complete sense given the various personalities. Tia was never comfortable with Maxim going out and battling, and was unhappy any time he was gone, while Maxim had to follow his calling. Meanwhile, Selan was his perfect match. Still, I couldn't help but feel sad that, as soon as Selan came into the picture, Tia was basically just pushed out and disappeared.

And, yes, I have the same music running through my head, and all the lines as well. Such a marvelous game (and Lufia 1 as well, with the foreshadowing of what would happen in Lufia 2).

That was my one area of contention with it. Tia just vanishes until the ending. But I doubt they could have included her in the remainder of the game in any capacity without having to hack the story and characterisation to pieces. Her brief moment in the ending justifies her absence completely.

Speaking of which, I just rewatched the ending on Youtube. It's powerful stuff. Such a great game.

Dead

well not really...yet
The Prince and Elica in POP2008. I couldn't get enough of the moments of banter between the two

CronoShot

24740630.jpg

Despite being really annoying early on, there's some really good development. And I was rooting for them towards the end.

Top Bottom